Skip to content

Takeover vote passed

Comments

• Two new sponsorships closed since the vote. A promising start.

• Mayfair FX is in an interesting one. Not sure I'd ever see the day when the club has an "Official FX Payments Partner" but could it be seen as a way to reach out to the Asian demographic of Wycombe and the surrounding area which seems under represented at Adams Park? Or maybe I'm reading too much into it and it's just another way of bringing in some sponsorship revenue.

• @Right_in_the_Middle rest assured I always take full responsibility! :smile:

• The season ticket offers discounts to over 60s (me) I still work full time, paid off the mortgage many years ago, kids are self sufficient (ish). I do actually pay the full fee as if I cannot attend I make sure someone does. I think they should raise the age to 65 at least.

• @glasshalffull said:
    At a time when there’s so much positivity around the club, I find the posts by Aloysius deeply depressing. Of course he is entitled to an opinion, but let’s not confuse opinion with facts. Aloysius has assumed that the majority of Legacy members who voted yes did so without a second thought and failed to examine all the facts. What evidence does he have to make that claim?
    He infers that those members who-unlike him-attended meetings, asked questions and perhaps met the Couhigs in person, know ‘next to nothing about the man who’s bought the club’. Another assumption.
    He says Mr.Couhig ‘did not make himself available for scrutiny after the deal was announced’. He has been available for scrutiny throughout the entire process and made a decision not to attend the final Legacy members meeting because he had already presented his case and felt that his presence would be inappropriate. He is also dealing with a close family bereavement.
    Aloysius makes a further assumption that Mr.Couhig might not have the finances to support the club if his plans don’t work out. Like Aloysius, I have no idea how wealthy Mr.Couhig is, but he’s already pledged circa £3m which suggests that he can back up his words with hard cash.
    As for stating that we might disagree with some of his decisions, I found that refreshingly honest but perhaps Aloysius would have preferred Mr.Couhig to have come out with more ‘platitudinous claptrap’, the phrase he used to describe the new owner’s email and social media messages.

Seems you've given the troll the oxygen he craves.

• @micra said:

What they could very easily do, is re-introduce that premium on the centre block on the Frank Adams. I remember a few peeps like @Tory_Goon saying they were more than happy to pay it, and were surprised it was removed.

When did this premium get removed? I don't ever remember paying less for my lofty perch?

Ticket prices will go up but might include a sweetner using the bundle element available on the ticketing app. At least in the short term

• @Fit2drop said:
    The season ticket offers discounts to over 60s (me) I still work full time, paid off the mortgage many years ago, kids are self sufficient (ish). I do actually pay the full fee as if I cannot attend I make sure someone does. I think they should raise the age to 65 at least.

As close as I am to getting my discount (Yes...I know you would never tell looking at me) I find I would (reluctantly) agree with @Fit2drop! Dammit!
    Having said that I also recognise that the political optics might not be favourable.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@micra said:

What they could very easily do, is re-introduce that premium on the centre block on the Frank Adams. I remember a few peeps like @Tory_Goon saying they were more than happy to pay it, and were surprised it was removed.

When did this premium get removed? I don't ever remember paying less for my lofty perch?

Ticket prices will go up but might include a sweetner using the bundle element available on the ticketing app. At least in the short term

It made sense to do it as there were always spare seats in the middle so you could pay for one of the cheaper blocks and just go and sit in the more expensive one anyway

• Seems the rather surreal shouting down of the negative thoughts at the last meeting has now had its bubble burst.
    For me the vote was never cut and dried, create conflicting emotions and was never a 100% certain outcome. I wonder if some blocked out the negative to vote but are now thinking about them.

• @eric_plant said:

@Right_in_the_Middle said:

@micra said:

It made sense to do it as there were always spare seats in the middle so you could pay for one of the cheaper blocks and just go and sit in the more expensive one anyway

But as my seat didn't change on price surely you were paying more to do that? I don't remember what happened but do know my centre seat never had a premium removed.

• @Wendoverman said:

@Fit2drop said:
    The season ticket offers discounts to over 60s (me) I still work full time, paid off the mortgage many years ago, kids are self sufficient (ish). I do actually pay the full fee as if I cannot attend I make sure someone does. I think they should raise the age to 65 at least.

As close as I am to getting my discount (Yes...I know you would never tell looking at me) I find I would (reluctantly) agree with @Fit2drop! Dammit!
    Having said that I also recognise that the political optics might not be favourable.

I swear I hadn't heard the word "optics" used in such a context until a few weeks ago. Now I'm seeing it everywhere (no pun intended).

@eric_plant said:

@micra said:

But as my seat didn't change on price surely you were paying more to do that? I don't remember what happened but do know my centre seat never had a premium removed.

Don't know about season tickets, I was talking more about match day tickets. But yeah, I'd imagine that the cheaper ones were brought up to meet the more expensive ones, rather than the other way round

• @LeedsBlue said:
    @Steve_Peart When you asked for the colours to be included in the enshrined rights, as you mentioned earlier in the thread, did you get a response confirming that they would be, or is this still a pending question?

Advice on Founder Shares in the Club

Original members of the “old” Wycombe Wanderers Football Club may still hold a Founder Share in the current entity. These shares have voting rights on certain major matters – eg any proposal by the Club to move its activities more than 5 miles away from Adams Park – but have no economic value. If you hold a Founder Share now, your rights are not being changed and you will continue to hold the Share until you transfer it to the Trust or until your death, when it will transfer to the Trust automatically.

• @AlanCecil said:

@LeedsBlue said:
    @Steve_Peart When you asked for the colours to be included in the enshrined rights, as you mentioned earlier in the thread, did you get a response confirming that they would be, or is this still a pending question?

Advice on Founder Shares in the Club

Original members of the “old” Wycombe Wanderers Football Club may still hold a Founder Share in the current entity. These shares have voting rights on certain major matters – eg any proposal by the Club to move its activities more than 5 miles away from Adams Park – but have no economic value. If you hold a Founder Share now, your rights are not being changed and you will continue to hold the Share until you transfer it to the Trust or until your death, when it will transfer to the Trust automatically.

So I still have my Founder Share??? Who knew?

Out of interest anyone know how many of the 500 (??) issued are still with individuals and not back with the Trust. If the Trust now have over half any voting rights are a bit mute aren't they?

• @FmG said:
    Mayfair FX is in an interesting one. Not sure I'd ever see the day when the club has an "Official FX Payments Partner" but could it be seen as a way to reach out to the Asian demographic of Wycombe and the surrounding area which seems under represented at Adams Park? Or maybe I'm reading too much into it and it's just another way of bringing in some sponsorship revenue.

Wonder if irs related to stabilising exchange rates when transferring money to and from the states. Or just cashing in on people wanting to be related to a football club without paying what the bigger clubs are charging

• @eric_plant said:

@Wendoverman said:

@Fit2drop said:

I swear I hadn't heard the word "optics" used in such a context until a few weeks ago. Now I'm seeing it everywhere (no pun intended).

Well it was either that or 'political shithousery' eric :smile:

@eric_plant said:

@micra said:

All Frank Adams tickets are the same price these days. So you may not have seen a premium removed as such when the prices went up a couple of years ago, but others have maybe been bumped up even further to the same price.

• Is the "Founder Share" the one that was £1 and all you had to do was apply for it and show a certain number of concurrent and valid ST's? If so, I received a letter when Hayes took over saying it was no longer valid and I'd get my £1 back (I didn't). Do I still have it then?

BTW I'd support a change in Senior discounts to the over 65's (well at nearly 68 I would, wouldn't I?).

So I still have my Founder Share??? Who knew?

Out of interest anyone know how many of the 500 (??) issued are still with individuals and not back with the Trust. If the Trust now have over half any voting rights are a bit mute aren't they?

The voting rights shall NEVER BE SILENCED Righty, they may be moot though.

• I'm a founder shareholder, legacy member, shareholder, 500 club contributor and quite frankly it's a disgrace that I don't own the club

• Some people on here seem to have been hitting the optics early this Friday afternoon.

• @eric_plant said:
    I'm a founder shareholder, legacy member, shareholder, 500 club contributor and quite frankly it's a disgrace that I don't own the club

You still do for another week or two.

@eric_plant said:
    I'm a founder shareholder, legacy member, shareholder, 500 club contributor and quite frankly it's a disgrace that I don't own the club

You still do for another week or two.

And if I recall correctly, you have the option to buy it back when the Couhigs want to realise their investment!

• Potential Price Increase:
    Selling football stadium tickets is not unlike selling airline tickets or hotel bedrooms - once that date has gone, its gone, so optimising ‘sales to supply to price‘ is the path to profit.
    Increasing prices whilst there is still considerable over capacity is not a business model I am familiar with, and we currently have 30%+ unused capacity. Sustainability requires greater match day footfall to both build habitual purchase and generate incremental income (food and beverage sales, merch etc).
    So, I would suggest that further pricing initiatives, made possible by the new stream line on-line sales facility, will see smarter not greater pricing initiatives: a carnet system, variable pricing by ground location, advanced purchase, match attractiveness, a clever half season ticket etc etc.
    If and when we get in The Championship then demand over supply could lead to higher pricing but until then, with supply currently outstripping demand, it is not realistic and subtler revenue mechanisms will take priority I’m sure.
    Seeing how quickly the on-line ticketing was up and running I would imagine Mark Palmer, as COO, has a number of plans in the pipe line.

• Just for the record @perfidious_albion , from a pure business theory point of view , there is nothing intrinsically wrong with the notion of increasing prices to maximise revenue even if you are not selling full capacity. all depends on the elasticity of demand.

Better for example to sell 4000 tickets at £20, than 4500 at £15 or 8000 at £8.

What the optimum pricing is for WWFC is a whole different question. (even ignoring ancillary revenue, benefits and disads to the fan experience of a fuller stadium and possible benefits to the team).

• Dev, theoretically I would say there is relatively inelastic demand re Adams Park pricing. And you can’t ignore ancillary revenue as part of the equation surely (sandwiches, scratch cards and excess baggage charges are key to Ryanair’s strategy).
    Don’t really want to get into a debate, as econometricians or Chairfolk. Let’s leave it to Mr Palmer et al.

• It would be horrible if significant numbers of fans were priced out of attending as has undoubtedly happened further up the leagues.

• @eric_plant said:
    It would be horrible if significant numbers of fans were priced out of attending as has undoubtedly happened further up the leagues.

Agreed, @eric_plant, but unless the Couhigs are planning to double the prices, that seems unlikely. As others have noted, the price of admission is generally more than reasonable at the moment and particularly generous in some areas to some categories of people. I imagine there's scope to increase prices a bit without making the pips squeak too much.

As long as there remains a comparatively cheap place for the povvos like me to stand, I can live with it!

BTW, prices did indeed go up at the start of last season, post-promotion. At least on the terrace.