Skip to content

Takeover vote passed

Email just sent out to members to say the 75% threshold has been passed.

Comments

• Brilliant news, onwards and upwards.

• Thanks for video - exciting times ahead!

• I can safely vote now!!

• Massive news. Never thought it possible to get the 75%. Well done the the Couhigs and take care of what you now have

• Glad a decision has been made. Fingers crossed.

• Brilliant! We'll all need to properly get behind them and many of us will need to look to trying to change their match-day habits in order to support the attempts to increase revenues.

• Congrats to the Couhigs, Happy to admit some trepidation at the process but they have personally shown an air of expertise and enthusiasm that is overdue and deserves a good go. Interested to see the immediate plans and changes at the club and the trust.

Congrats to those creditors who will now be paid back, we've seen you campaigning on the sly :) but seriously it's a good thing to demonstrate that it is possible to lend money to a football club and actually see some of it again.

Important to note as some already have that this is only the start of the process and much help will be needed.

• ANNOUNCEPROMOTION

• Over to you then Rob! Fingers crossed we can keep ride the current wave long enough to make your job of being sustainable that bit easier.

• Good news I wonder what the final numbers will be.
    On another note the trust will have to redefine itself to represent the fans and be proactive on the board.

• Inevitable. Hopefully positive. Impossible to celebrate. Here's to the future, come on Wycombe.

• Has anyone got a link to the BBC show Rob was on the other week? I'm not concerned but just wondering what this is all about.

• There’s a link in that twitter thread.

• "Better matchday experience", "Great worldwide potential for Wycombe"

— Benny Berger (@benny_berger) October 23, 2019

The problem for this guy seems to be that RC says this an American would say.

• edited October 2019

@Chris said:
    There’s a link in that twitter thread.

?‍♂️ Thanks!

• Not got a link, but I listened - it was on 5 Live, Mark Chapman hosted a general discussion of lower league finances, with a variety of guests/pundits and recorded interviews at various points. Tranmere chairman was in studio somewhat smugly telling everyone how it should be done, and there was some discussion around how big the leaps are between levels, and what the motivation is for making the leap from one to the next. Rob basically did a re-run of his words from the Trust meetings in an interview with the 'Not the Top 20' podcast guy. Not really eyebrow-raising if you already know the back story, but for those new to the debate, it would have made people think 'well that's a leap of faith'. Which it is. Nothing more to it than that, I don't think, unless I missed something.

• People have a dig at the Trust, but they leave us 2nd in L1, and hand us over to someone promising.

Thanks, Trev and co! One promotion and no relegations on your CV!

• ....until parliament vote down the timetable....then what?

• Excellent... I'm both nervous and excited, the Couhigs have been great so far so hopefully I should be more excited than nervous.

Just keep thinking that for all the bad owners of clubs there are out there, there are more good owners, all the best Rob and Pete.

• And so it begins. A new chapter in our history. We take a deep collective breath and go into private ownership with eyes wide open.

A quarter stake in WWFC and retention of AP debt-free with 3/4 to people with business acumen and good intentions is a good deal from a losing position to the tune of £50,000 a month and a (protectively) difficult voting system.

We must trust the club will be taken forward responsibly with as much oversight as the Trust can muster. I look forward to the journey with optimistic trepidation. I will always support Wycombe. We are left in a good position and it will be amazing to maintain this level whilst breaking even.

Congratulations to all parties, the deal seems overwhelmingly popular and can be the building block for a new era in WWFC history. I was there before promotion to the League and I'm excited to be here now. May our new owners be worthy stewards of our great club.

COYB!!!!

• @LeedsBlue said:
    Not got a link, but I listened - it was on 5 Live, Mark Chapman hosted a general discussion of lower league finances, with a variety of guests/pundits and recorded interviews at various points. Tranmere chairman was in studio somewhat smugly telling everyone how it should be done, and there was some discussion around how big the leaps are between levels, and what the motivation is for making the leap from one to the next. Rob basically did a re-run of his words from the Trust meetings in an interview with the 'Not the Top 20' podcast guy. Not really eyebrow-raising if you already know the back story, but for those new to the debate, it would have made people think 'well that's a leap of faith'. Which it is. Nothing more to it than that, I don't think, unless I missed something.

The only issue with what Rob said was referring to buying the franchise (sport can’t remember sport or club) and moving it within US & Tranmere chairman picked up on the word. Best for Rob never, ever to even say the word again

• Any news on a new crisp supplier yet?

• @Slaphead interesting spot - I missed that.

• I would just like to thank Trevor Stroud & the rest of the Trust Board for all the hard work they have carried out over the last few years, on behalf of all true supporters of Wycombe Wanderers. They were brave enough to stand for office unlike the likes of me.