Skip to content

Takeover vote passed

Comments

• @Right_in_the_Middle "we'll always respect the traditions of the club" but "unquestionably there will be some decisions you disagree with" wasn't the line he went with in the pre-vote videos. Feels to me like he might have some specific stuff in mind. Might not. Might just be a turn of phrase. Just putting it out there.

• Dear god. Imagine Bayo in one of those.

• @Goo said:
    @Right_in_the_Middle "we'll always respect the traditions of the club" but "unquestionably there will be some decisions you disagree with" wasn't the line he went with in the pre-vote videos. Feels to me like he might have some specific stuff in mind. Might not. Might just be a turn of phrase. Just putting it out there.

We saw that with the outrage some on here showed towards the cheer leaders.
    But time will tell whether it involves more "serious" stuff, such like I jested about above, with stadium sponsorship etc

• Wycombe Wildcats playing in the Rebellion Beer Dome.

• I think people are reading far too much into that. Without disagreement, there is no football, and I'd be more concerned if he were naive enough to think that we'd agree with his every decision.

• I noted at the meeting that one of the conditions is the stadium will always 'contain' the name Adams Park.

• So we could end up with this?

• Only once we’ve won a trillion trophies.

• 2024 if current form continues.

• The new five year plan.

• @Goo said:
    @Right_in_the_Middle "we'll always respect the traditions of the club" but "unquestionably there will be some decisions you disagree with" wasn't the line he went with in the pre-vote videos. Feels to me like he might have some specific stuff in mind. Might not. Might just be a turn of phrase. Just putting it out there.

I don’t know of any body, running anything, ever, has made decisions that have always been welcomed by everyone.

I think it’s just practical thinking that means that he realises that at some point some decision will be unpopular.

Take the cheer leader thing for example.....

• edited October 2019

• Or, my personal favourite, this:

• World Wide Wycombe
    Yeh I’m a Wanderer
    Swans Cheerleaders
    The Missy mug
    all this nonsense we can put up with to have funding of a sustainable club with a decent team to watch.
    Just don’t ask us to join in with the superficial hype.
    Now then where did I put that “we are the old Bucks boys” sheet music.....

• To be fair the disappearance of the cheerleaders seems to be evidence that the Couhigs can recognize and correct a misstep.

• I wanted to have a go on that massive dartboard on Saturday but it was just kids doing it

• @Goo said:

I think the acknowledgement that somethings will be unpopular as quite reassuring. He's talked before about staff performing but my biggest fear was he would need constant love from everyone and he'd walk if the critisism started. That comment makes me think that won't be the case

• @chairboyscentral said:
    I think people are reading far too much into that. Without disagreement, there is no football, and I'd be more concerned if he were naive enough to think that we'd agree with his every decision.

But hang on a second, we can all acknowledge that the Couhigs are an extremely well-oiled PR machine, can we not? That's exactly how they've got themselves to where they are today. On that basis, why would they release a statement that could, and indeed has, been interpreted in this way? Why could they not have just gone with something along the lines of looking forward to working with us to make difficult decisions together etc etc?

• I've heard there is already a Get Rid Of The Gasroom plan at the highest level.

• edited October 2019

@Wendoverman said:
    I've heard there is already a Get Rid Of The Gasroom plan at the highest level.

Lucky this is the gasroom 2 then.

Average age 57 and proud.

• I think the acknowledgement that somethings will be unpopular as quite reassuring. He's talked before about staff performing but my biggest fear was he would need constant love from everyone and he'd walk if the critisism started. That comment makes me think that won't be the case

I'm with you on that @Right_in_the_Middle. Nothing flaky about the Couhig clan IMO.

• @Goo said:

If he'd come out and said_ 'I promise every decision I ever make will be well received by the entire supporter base throughout all my tenure',_ I'd call him a liar, or a naive enthusiast.

• @Malone said:

@Wendoverman said:
    I've heard there is already a Get Rid Of The Gasroom plan at the highest level.

Lucky this is the gasroom 2 then.

Average age 57 and proud

Almost all on reduced price Season Tickets....spongers

• And almost all fat, bald and suffering from compulsive crisp eating disorder!

• As perspective owners go, I’m as confident as I can be in them.

I’m sure the Couhigs have a perfectly sensible outlook on life and that your confidence is fully justified.

• @bluntphil can you post the time in the interview when crisp acquisition is discussed. I did not read the legal document...

• Brief highlights from the 3CR interview.

a month to six weeks to finalize deal
    Missy and Rob have already passed the EFL test dating from their time with Yeovil
    Already talking with GA about the transfer window .

Rob feels 'a tremendous sense of obligation,' and has a 'huge list of (fan experience) things that we will get done immediately.'

GA and RC have had 'very direct discussions' about his future. RC thinks GA will be here as long as we can make progress and no other team comes along and offers him a 'moneybags,' deal. RC calls GA 'tremendously loyal,' and will be here for the 'foreseeable future.'

Pete Couhig is serving as CFO. Mark Palmer as COO.

The goal is a sustainable club, generating enough revenue to survive in this league and the next.

'the english league system has huge stability, we looked at several different clubs. Rob was 'driving to another club,' when he got the call from Wycombe and immediately felt at home.

• @Malone said:

@Goo said:
    https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2019/october/rob-we-will-honour-clubs-traditions/

Anyone detecting an ever-so-subtle change in tone here? Probably not. Probably just me ...

COYB

When we change our colours to red next season and the ground is sponsored by Walmart maybe..

Although the "quarters" are an "enshrined right" in the draft full document, the colours as such are not. I have asked for them to be included. There is recent history of a fellow EFL club changing colours.