Skip to content

Match day thread: Bolton

123457»

Comments

• @bookertease said:
    On the basis of absolutely nothing - and with an abysmal track record - I have the feeling that Parker will be this year’s (slightly) unexpected major success and top score with around 15 goals

Let's hope we have a range of players getting 10 and above.
    Dare I say it, but those "dodgy sponsor name" cup games will actually be fairly handy to rotate this season!

• Have we ever had so many attacking options? Certainly promises to be a very entertaining season in terms of goals, hopefully more in the column marked F rather than A.

• David Wheeler had a 21-goal season in 16/17.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Lose and those in rose tinted glasses would be laughed at for being so optimistic before a ball was kicked. Win and those in rose tinted glasses are laughed at for thinking beating Bolton is a sign of anything. You gotta love football!

Bedfordshire Rickie was being his usual self, though you are right that we were on a hiding to nothing in that game. We'll take any three points going even if we barely looked like getting out second gear. I'm sure the teams with a full compliment of senior professionals will spur us onto performing far closer to what we're capable of.

• Just read the Bolton report on our game last Saturday. Whilst I expected a bit of eulogising, (rightly so), on their young lads' performance, thought it was a bit unfair to claim that our supporters celebrated like we had won promotion!

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Just read the Bolton report on our game last Saturday. Whilst I expected a bit of eulogising, (rightly so), on their young lads' performance, thought it was a bit unfair to claim that our supporters celebrated like we had won promotion!

Yeah, quite an odd statement. Atmosphere was good but not excellent. Felt a little bit hollow and muted by the full time whistle.

• I felt both the game and the atmosphere had a testimonial feel to it. Maybe that was how we celebrated promotion. I can't remember

• Vibrant atmosphere on the terrace for at least the first thirty minutes. Don't know if that communicated itself to the ground at large.

• Atmosphere was pretty good in the Beechdean and I had not even been able to get a beer! I quite enjoyed 2-0 wins myself. Often it's only when I log-on to the Gasroom that I find out it was all long ball total shite in front of bored/outraged people.

• Well I was bored and outraged on the terrace, of course. It's just that the buggers around me refused to see it the way I did, ie. correctly.

• They may have been referring to that time we celebrated promotion by only losing 2-1 to Notts county (or whoever). That was similarly surreal

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Just read the Bolton report on our game last Saturday. Whilst I expected a bit of eulogising, (rightly so), on their young lads' performance, thought it was a bit unfair to claim that our supporters celebrated like we had won promotion!

To be fair, I thought their supporters celebrated like they were on -9 points...

• Doesn’t it say that the Wanderers fans celebrated like they’d won promotion - i.e. their fans?

• @OakwoodExile said:
    Doesn’t it say that the Wanderers fans celebrated like they’d won promotion - i.e. their fans?

That's how I read it. These bloody Wanderers all over the place confusing things.