Skip to content

Ringing The Blues

Comments

• As a footnote to the above I really used to enjoy the show @glasshalffull used to do on 1170AM on a Friday evening.

Does anyone else remember listening to that?

• Did you ever call in @eric_plant? I'd have paid good money to listen to you two having a full and frank discussion.

• @bluntphil said:

I think it was @Thicketblue who asked me about how to reach our older fans who aren't on social media... any suggestions from 'the creative hub of Britain' (copyright @Oilysailor) will be gratefully received

Beer mats. (Know your target audience)

• Sadly, I suffer from Cenosillicaphobia (fear of an empty beer glass) so the message would certainly reach me quickly via beer mats!?

• Very well deserved nomination. It’s a fine show.

• Having listened to a fair few fans podcasts from League 1 and 2, RTB certainly stands head and shoulders above them. The interviews in particular stand out as what sets it apart from the rest. Well done @bluntphil on the recognition from FSF in addition to the hundreds of Chairboys and girls who already regularly listen.

• I’m only 2.5 minutes in but my god Uri’s but this week is brilliant.

• We could probably do without Uri’s but.

• Mr Parry seems to have forgot about JIm Kelmans couple of years at Loakes Park, as he refers to Martin O'neill replacing Peter Suddaby at Loakes Park.

• Enjoyed that. @glasshalffull's origin story was interesting, and Nick Freeman sounds like a lovely bloke, but Uri was the star this week.

• Another outstanding episode @bluntphil and great to hear from @glasshalffull on his 44 year involvement with WWFC. I cannot overstress how fortunate we are to have so many people who hold this club in such high regard and who take the legacy of the Chairboys with them away and return home to Adam's Park.

In this new chapter I am looking forward to Garath and the Couhigs steering us to new heights where, just like Ringing the Blues, we are holding our own surrounded by premier league opposition.

COYRTB

• Another fab episode Phil!

• @ChasHarps said:
    Mr Parry seems to have forgot about JIm Kelmans couple of years at Loakes Park, as he refers to Martin O'neill replacing Peter Suddaby at Loakes Park.

You’re quite right Chas, but when you get to my age, recollection of dates and chronology of events tends to be a bit hazy! Apologies to Jim Kelman, a top bloke who did a very good job at Wycombe.

• Agreed Mr Kelman bought some fine players to the club, as for probably the first time for over a decade he was backed handsomely in the transfer market by the board.
    Never seemed to know his best team for me.

• Superb stuff as ever, featuring one of the all time great "I'm not giving myself a pat on the back"s

• edited November 2019

Brilliant stuff again

• A great listen, never knew that MON was discarded first time in favour of Suddaby, was before my time, but stats don't lie

• @ReadingMarginalista said:
    Having listened to a fair few fans podcasts from League 1 and 2, RTB certainly stands head and shoulders above them. The interviews in particular stand out as what sets it apart from the rest. Well done @bluntphil on the recognition from FSF in addition to the hundreds of Chairboys and girls who already regularly listen.

...And on top of it all, we learn Spanish too! Just give @bluntphil the award already, FSA!

• Oh @bluntphil that's a big 40 minute hole in my weekly commute to Wycombe to see Mum. Thanks for all you do!

• F***ing Sky!

• And Lo @bluntphil did rest on the seventh day

• @Wendoverman said:
    And Lo @bluntphil did rest on the seventh day

Does that make him Dave Carroll’s dad?

• @perfidious_albion said:

@Wendoverman said:
    And Lo @bluntphil did rest on the seventh day

Does that make him Dave Carroll’s dad?

No, that was Noel Ashford.

• Award the damn trophy now.

Phil, there clearly is a huge amount of work put in here every week. The quality of interviews and interviewees, the humour, production values, international perspectives, contacts within the club, together with the little nuggets of nostalgia you drop in for us, we are very lucky to have you as a Wycombe supporter.

Thanks!

• If, like me, you can't wait for Ringing The Blues each Monday 'Alexa' now has a skill to enable you to listen on your Echo device.
    Saves even having to open your eyes to start listening.

Enjoy http://amzn.eu/e51rdZf

• That’s all geek to me @Twizz ! But I’m not ashamed to admit that I’ve been lying in bed listening via Spotify and thoroughly enjoying this latest pod. Great stuff as always and I’m thrilled to bits to know Phil Catchpole. I was nervous as hell when I introduced myself to him early last season. Shouldn’t have been. One of the most approachable people I’ve ever met and very easy to chat to.

The interview with the guy from la media Inglesa was particularly intriguing though I admit that I had difficulty convincing myself that it wasn’t another Uri spoof.