Skip to content

Ringing The Blues

Comments

• Listening to the interview, I didn’t find anything controversial tbh. I’ve never met him personally nor attended any forum in which he was present, so have to accept, from those that did, that he perhaps came across as confrontational. Don’t think it can be argued that he had a very positive impact on the club and left us in a better place.
    Is some of the perception that he’s from Yorkshire and he may be victim of preconceived ideas?

• You know what you're going to get with Andrew Howard. He's good at what he does but I would not want to argue with him every week.

• @Wendoverman said:
    You know what you're going to get with Andrew Howard. He's good at what he does but I would not want to argue with him every week.

You couldn't pay me to watch him chair a public meeting every Saturday.

• @Wendoverman said:

@Gary said:

I’m not so sure Rob will be accepting every offer that comes in for Gaz, unlike the Trust appears to have done this season. Trevor has always said that offers are accepted out of respect to Gareth but I’m not sure Rob will share that ethos.

Really Gary? Add the Trust obviously wanted shot of our manager to the arrest warrant?
    No owner would stand in the way of a manager moving on. Even one with a hatchback full of folding stuff.

Did I come across like I was in any way taking a shot at the Trust? Clearly not.

• Superb stuff as ever

Just checking, when Rob Couhig mentioned a million "dollars" being made available, I'm hoping that was a slip of the tongue yeah?

• "The Gasroom is the creative hub of Britain." Lovely stuff. Classic episode @bluntphil

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Listening to the interview, I didn’t find anything controversial tbh. I’ve never met him personally nor attended any forum in which he was present, so have to accept, from those that did, that he perhaps came across as confrontational. Don’t think it can be argued that he had a very positive impact on the club and left us in a better place.
    Is some of the perception that he’s from Yorkshire and he may be victim of preconceived ideas?

!!!

No

• Rob Couhig is from Yorkshire??

• His great-grandfather was from Selby and moved to America. Was a Confederate hero in the Civil War. Obviously being from Yorkshire he was confrontational.

• "Confederate hero" could be considered an oxymoron.

• Phil, please keep up the good work. I now look forward to breaking off from paying work each Monday morning to tune in for another session which informs my 'Basic Wycombe Knowledge'. Your references are filling in so many gaps in my knowledge, both recent and historical.

Just one observation, as a reasonably wrinkly listener, I suspect there are many of your audience who, like me, have never been on Twitter or Instagram and therefore have absolutely no idea, for example, what Oily Sailor's name or job is (other than being a wordsmith on Gasroom). I only worked out yesterday what xG stands for, and really do not have a clue what it means. You are educating many of us in so many different ways. Can I suggest you do a snippet in one of your broadcasts to let listeners know of further places to get Wycombe & relevant footy stuff on a sensible basis (i.e. without being swamped by illiterate 12 year olds from Surrey on about Man U or City)?

Thanks in advance.

• @drcongo said:
    I love @oilysailor.

I wish I was his little dog

• @Gary said:

@Wendoverman said:

@Gary said:

I’m not so sure Rob will be accepting every offer that comes in for Gaz, unlike the Trust appears to have done this season. Trevor has always said that offers are accepted out of respect to Gareth but I’m not sure Rob will share that ethos.

Really Gary? Add the Trust obviously wanted shot of our manager to the arrest warrant?
    No owner would stand in the way of a manager moving on. Even one with a hatchback full of folding stuff.

Did I come across like I was in any way taking a shot at the Trust? Clearly not.

I read it that way @Gary but it could just be I have Power Group failure fatigue. Apologies

• "In open play" the opposition moan over and over again, like free kicks are a dark art. Don't defend free kicks or work on exploiting your own, just lose and whine :)

Excellent episode again, Rob C rightly full of praise for @bluntphil and his work.

• Posts with previous posts embodied do sometimes make it difficult to understand who is saying what (and/or why).

• I think they may also be contributing to my phone’s increasingly rapid battery drainage.

• Apologies for derailment.

• @micra said:
    Apologies for derailment.

That could be a first on here

• Back on topic. I didn't like this week's episode... I LOVED IT!!

• I listened to quite a lot of the Salopcast. Then I listened to Ringing the Blues. We are blessed. Thank you Phil

• You are pure class Phil, thank you and long may it continue.

• FA Cup poem:
    Technical Merit, Oilly Sailor... its a 10
    Artistic Interpretation, Ballroom Bill... it’s another 10!

• I listen to about ten podcasts a week, this is by far the best and Revisionist History is a tough one to top.

• It was the last remaining podcast in existence that oily sailor was yet to appear on so it was good for him to complete the set

• @eric_plant said:
    It was the last remaining podcast in existence that oily sailor was yet to appear on so it was good for him to complete the set

LMAO!

• Every week I wonder how it can possibly get better, and every week it does, great work @bluntphil.

• Must be a correlation between the start of ringing the blues and us becoming an unstoppable juggernaut on our ascent towards the top.

Definitely need to keep the pod going - can't risk our form changing