Skip to content

Ringing The Blues

Comments

• The Dobbo interview is superb. Love him. And when the day does eventually arrive, there’s nobody I’d rather have as Gaz’s successor.

• Fantastic interview!
    Top work as always Phil

• @drcongo said:
    The Dobbo interview is superb. Love him. And when the day does eventually arrive, there’s nobody I’d rather have as Gaz’s successor.

1000%

• Went to bed last night like a kid on Christmas Eve looking forward to this. The slightly ropey Sunderland accent made the opposition view section even better somehow. Great stuff Phil!

• Dobbo sounds like famous local author James Cumming. Never seen them in the same room thinking about it..

• That Dobbo interview was amazing. I am blown away by his competence!

• Phil, this podcast continues to go from strength to strength. Dobro interview was fascinating and gives a flavour of just what special leadership we have at the club now. Your coverage of the club (and now this podcast) is an absolute joy - you are certainly a part of the ‘something special’ that is happening at the club. Please, please could we have an in depth Bloomfield interview soon, brilliant to hear from Dobbo what an important cog he is, on and off the pitch. And Bayo too :-) thanks again Phil, your work is much appreciated!

• Dobbo interview has only confirmed what a real asset he is to this club.

• Superb as always. If Gaz ever does leave Dobbo will head a shortlist of one for me

Also, glad the Mackems mentioned the penalty we should have had. It's testament to how comfortable we were that we haven't really dwelt on it. But it was an outrageous decision not to award it

• @Quarterman said:
    Phil, this podcast continues to go from strength to strength. Dobro interview was fascinating and gives a flavour of just what special leadership we have at the club now. Your coverage of the club (and now this podcast) is an absolute joy - you are certainly a part of the ‘something special’ that is happening at the club. Please, please could we have an in depth Bloomfield interview soon, brilliant to hear from Dobbo what an important cog he is, on and off the pitch. And Bayo too :-) thanks again Phil, your work is much appreciated!

Many thanks for the kind words @Quarterman. I sat down with Blooms pre podcast days in March for an extended chat to mark his 500th appearance for WW...

https://philcatchpole.com/2019/03/12/bloomfield-500/

• Brilliant, thanks Phil!

• Just brilliant. Sobbing interview an absolute standout but the whole thing was superb. Thanks so much for doing these

• Dobbo not sobbing. Bloody autocorrect

• Oh, and there’s me looking forward to some raw emotion from Dobbo. Having a rare early night but looking forward to catching up tomorrow.

• Without wishing to hijack Phil's thread, if you want to hear more from Dobbo in the mean time, Jeremy Spolander interviewed him for The Wanderer last season, but we could only print the edited highlights, so he kindly put the whole interview up online. Well worth a listen.

• Great interview @bluntphil from the man who never speaks! I know the tactically inept manager would probably take him to any future post...but as others have noted he would not be a bad choice for boss man.

• Just caught up with your latest podcast Phil, another superb listen. I remember introducing Dobbo at an end of season dinner a few years ago and describing him as one of the best signings the club had ever made. Your interview underlined why we’re so fortunate to have him.

• Fantastic stuff @bluntphil, I forgot to congratulate you in person the last time I saw you. All the interviews so far have been fantastic, though the first part of the Richard Dobson one is probably my favourite so far (with the Hutch one a close second). I'm sure the second half of the interview will be eagerly awaited by anyone who has the faintest appreciation for all his work for WWFC.

One trick you may have missed was to get a certain contributor to the erstwhile (and much missed) Vital site to have given voice to the Sunderland fans' anguished thoughts on the game.

• Love Dobbo even more now.

• @drcongo Bath time in Japan could have been so different

• RTB 9 & 10 are two truly excellent episodes that cover the recent Wycombe journey both on and off the pitch in superb and incisive detail. I feel we now understand so much more in every respect. Absolutely superb, thank you Phil.

• I must also pay tribute to Andrew Howard for what he said in his interview. Andrew’s confrontational manner may have rubbed a few people up the wrong way, but he was always honest and forthright and was just what the club needed at that time.

• I thought he came across awfully to be honest

• Another great edition @bluntphil. Nice to have it last for both legs of the commute. I have to admit to being shamefully ignorant of Richard Dobson so great work shining a light on this impressive character.

• Ps brilliant podcast as ever. Highlight of the working week for me

• You’re not alone @eric_plant

• @eric_plant said:
    I thought he came across awfully to be honest

Nope. I'm with @glasshalffull. Not sure how one could view how AH presented in the interview as awful, in any event, but I was fascinated to hear talk of the dynamics between him and Gareth and to get a feel for the way in which everyone involved played their part in having things run as well as possible. It gave me a mental image of a really exciting place to be and work.

• Genuinely like to know why anyone would consider Mr.Howard to have come across badly in his interview with Phil.

• @glasshalffull said:
    Genuinely like to know why anyone would consider Mr.Howard to have come across badly in his interview with Phil.

Me too but @eric_plant will make his point and move away. He doesn't need to explain why.