Skip to content

Ticketing System

Comments

• Sending out replacement season tickets, while necessary for compatibility with the new scanners, is a massive waste. Is it not about time - given, among other things, the immense harm of single-use plastics - that all clubs made the cards reusable for following seasons. It's a wonder that it's not been done before; it can't be too difficult.

• @drcongo said:
    @Malone You're trying very hard to make "gashroom" a thing, but I'm afraid it doesn't seem to be catching on. Well done for trying though.

Alas, I didn't coin it.

• @Stewie63 said:

@Malone said:
    I can't be the only one who often runs out of charge on his mobile fairly regularly, or has got too crap a phone to keep adding loads of apps.

What happens in the former example?

Get yourself a portable battery as back up.

Or I could just carry a very thin ticket/card instead?
    "If it ain't broke"

• @th100 said:
    Sending out replacement season tickets, while necessary for compatibility with the new scanners, is a massive waste. Is it not about time - given, among other things, the immense harm of single-use plastics - that all clubs made the cards reusable for following seasons. It's a wonder that it's not been done before; it can't be too difficult.

As I mentioned before I am saving mine for Antiques Roadshow 2045.

'You remember the great replacement ticket scandal of 2019...'

• "Wycombe's famous title-winning season you mean?"

• @eric_plant said:
    "Wycombe's famous title-winning season you mean?"

I would let the expert add that, eric. You've got to give them something. I would nod and say...that's right.

• Season tickets aren't single use, although the interim ones might be.

• @AlanCecil. Used the new ticketing system this morning, intuitive interface and very easy to use. Provides future options for selling other products on the platform. Not sure but if it is viable may be worth adding a PayPal payment method. Things are improving already! COYB. Exciting times.

• @bookertease said:
    I wouldn’t worry too much. The scanners haven’t worked for a season and a half so it will still be some poor sod on the turnstile looking at card/paper/app vaguely disinterested and wave us all through

Don't be so sure. I have it on good authority that the turnstile operatives had laser scanners inserted in their eyeballs.

• Worked for me today, bit of a queue at the ticket office so I went online and easily got a couple of tickets on my phone. Of course, a cash turnstile would also have been a solution...

• There was a problem of duplicate tickets having been issued in Block D Row G 75-77. I was in 74 and the guy next to me had travelled up from Exmouth with his young son and another guy. He mentioned that three other people including his father had been unable to come so the duplication may have extended further. (It wasn’t clear whether he’d bought tickets for them.). There seemed to be similar confrontations to our right.
    Let’s hope this was just a hiccup with what seems to be a generally welcome innovation.

• @micra I had rather assumed I was the only Wycombe fan in Exmouth. That's superb, I'll have to keep an eye out for them.

• Good luck with that one @Jonny_King. Their last game was Shrewsbury away last season.

• And no replica gear.

• @micra I hope you left my seat in a decent state. No standing on it or breaking it and throwing at the away stand.

• @Wendoverman said:
    @micra I hope you left my seat in a decent state.

I felt OK thanks. Teetered a bit on the steps but got to Caledonia in one piece.

• Anyone got their new improved ST yet?

• Glad it's not being left until the last minute

• It is the finest tradition, in fairness.

I dare say the "old" new one will do anyway. It'll just be some kid checking it by sight.

• You could be right @Malone all new exciting multi-faceted season tickets....at some point in the near future.

• Its still a while but you all need something to moan about !!!

• @rmjlondon said:
    Its still a while but you all need something to moan about !!!

It's ok for you Richie, I'm sure you've got your Hatters season ticket safely tucked away in your wallet!

• @Wendoverman said:
    You could be right @Malone all new exciting multi-faceted season tickets....at some point in the near future.

Still over a week to go before the first home game so no need to panic yet. It’s a new system that’s bound to have teething problems so give them some breathing space.

• @rmjlondon said:

Said Richie, the famous non-moaner.

• It’s alright for those that have received the original season ticket. I still haven’t received even that, it’s this sort of administrative error that needs rectifying to enhance the ‘fan experience’.

• @Jonny_King said:

@rmjlondon said:

Said Richie, the famous non-moaner.

To be fair I think so far the Ritalin has been working

• @glasshalffull said:

@Wendoverman said:
    You could be right @Malone all new exciting multi-faceted season tickets....at some point in the near future.

Still over a week to go before the first home game so no need to panic yet. It’s a new system that’s bound to have teething problems so give them some breathing space.

As long as I can get in I'm not panicking yet @ glasshalffull I just wondered if distribution had begun.

• Just registered with the new system and bought a friend a ticket for a fiver for Bolton and two tickets for Reading. Easy least to use once registered.