Skip to content

Match day thread: Plymouth

BSEBSE
edited January 2019 in Football

Poll not found

Comments

• Phew. I was getting worried.

• @BSE I see you have a rival 2nd match day thread today?

• BSEBSE
      edited January 2019

@drcongo Thanks for the concern I'm alive and well hopefully I'll still being going for a while yet being in my late 20's :sweat_smile: , @peterparrotface so it would seem, i best up my game I shall add a guess the Derek Adams excuse buzz word poll should they lose.

• WANDERER ISSUE 114 OUT TODAY! Get your copy of the spanking new edition of The Wanderer, available from the WWISC stand on Hillbottom Rd, in the Righton carpark between the two Origin buildings.

£1.50 investment required. 75% of Legacy Members vote in favour of you getting one.

• Andy Harman will be selling an alternative version a little further down the road. More pages, more colour photos, free copies for kids.

• Fyi, Looks to be a new timetable on Chiltern railways today for people going that way.

Looks like it gives me a few more minutes on the way in and might even cut out the inevitable bit where the bus returns to the train station just after my train leaves every single time.

• Disappointed @jonny_king I thought We had agreed to postpone until I had revised my article on football club ownership?

• @StrongestTeam said:
      Fyi, Looks to be a new timetable on Chiltern railways today for people going that way.

Looks like it gives me a few more minutes on the way in and might even cut out the inevitable bit where the bus returns to the train station just after my train leaves every single time.

Surely that’s why the Flint Cottage is there.

• Two changes for the Chairboys this afternoon as Matt Bloomfield and Adebayo Akinfenwa replace Scott Kashket and Alex Samuel who drop to the bench.

Starting XI: Allsop, McCarthy, Jacobson, Jombati, El-Abd, Thompson, Gape, Bloomfield, Cowan-Hall, Freeman, Akinfenwa.

Subs: Yates, Stewart, Bean, Kashket, Bolton, Samuel, Tyson.

• Strong team with plenty of attacking options on the bench.

• Good half that. Most of the ball and the chances.

• Started game management early. Plymouth apoplectic.

• Pretty funny though.

• @drcongo said:
      Pretty funny though.

Hilarious, check their twitter feed. Its gold. Time for a pint, Someone tell Dom Gape I love him.

• Well done Wycombe. I had my eye on the live text feed of your game while I was watching City!

• @oldius said:
      Well done Wycombe. I had my eye on the live text feed of your game while I was watching City!

Mot the nicest of games to make your debut in, cold , wet, dirty, your boy probably spent most of the time wondering what was going on. There'll be time for him to shine later, looks like we could hopefully be safe now.

• He is part of a new club and was chosen to be part of the first team. He also got some minutes on the pitch. You can't ask for more when you've only just joined a club and a good win too!

• For all the piratical moaning, their keeper made three excellent saves...i saw Rocky make one punch. They created nothing and the pathetic targetting of JJ by Carey and Adams was clearly to get him a yellow. They did step it up.massively in the second half but they were poor and did not deserve a point and by the same token we should have scored three or four today.

• This is where I am going to miss the work of @Vital tomorrow. Cue the usual, same old Wycombe/game management/cheats/dirty players . . . . yawn.
      Thought we could & should have won by three clear goals. I got what I wanted, a clean sheet. Defensively we were outstanding today with Sido & El-Abd impressing they were warriors. JJ in the 1st & McCarthy in the 2nd half, gave Carey a torrid afternoon which is why he was reduced to a moaning little sh1te that lashed out on at least two occasions. As for Gape & Thompson, they completely bossed the middle of the park. All in all, I thought we were better individually over the majority of the park & collectively we were the better team.

• Will be funny watching an interview with Adams to see who he blames for the loss.

• Thompson was immense again today. He is paying Gareth back in spades for giving him a chance I think.

• None of them on Twitter will acknowledge we played them off the park first half with some lovely stuff. All they had in the bag was hoofing and fouling really.

Admittedly the second half was a bit embarrassing / great game management, depending on your POV but funny when it’s against that lot.

• So many big performances today from our boys, hard to pick a stand out man of the match..... first half could and probably should of been out of sight! They came on strong after the break but we controlled there attack with superb organisation........ as mentioned above there tactic to get jj off was pitiful derek adams u really are a tosser.......

• They are going nuts on Twitter. Pour yourself a glass of something nice and have a scroll through their official Twitter feed.

• Steve Evans is a massive shame.

• @EwanHoosaami said:
      This is where I am going to miss the work of @Vital tomorrow. Cue the usual, same old Wycombe/game management/cheats/dirty players . . . . yawn.
      Thought we could & should have won by three clear goals. I got what I wanted, a clean sheet. Defensively we were outstanding today with Sido & El-Abd impressing they were warriors. JJ in the 1st & McCarthy in the 2nd half, gave Carey a torrid afternoon which is why he was reduced to a moaning little sh1te that lashed out on at least two occasions. As for Gape & Thompson, they completely bossed the middle of the park. All in all, I thought we were better individually over the majority of the park & collectively we were the better team.

On special days like this Vital often comes up trumps with an ‘opposition view’ special edition link. Here’s hoping...

• Apparently Adams measured the width of the
      pitch as he didn't think it was legal. I expect the sourest of grapes post match.

• I thought PCH was really fired up today - he always ups his game when he's got new competition. After Sido forgot he was defending the ball in our box in the second half the tongue-lashing from Paris went on about five minutes! Bayo was imperious and we missed his presence when he went off. But today was really a team performance rather than an opportunity to single out one or two players. We defended from the front, showed passion and professionalism, with warrior-like displays in dodgy conditions. The terrace was in fine voice too. A good performance all round.