Skip to content

O'Nien off?

Comments

• @drcongo said:
    How is the club supposed to grow its fans?

Human cloning? Imagine 1000 Richies!

• @Wendoverman said:
    I can honestly never understand when there are hundreds of richer more successful clubs higher in the pyramid that you can follow why anyone would carry on supporting a club whose leadership, manager and players they have no time for and who they never seem to wish well. Surely if their lying, bad behaviour, lack of financial openness and recent success on the pitch offends you, find and support a team you admire. I don't think any club is run perfectly to everyone's taste and I'm not 11 or born and bred in leafy bucks, but considering one of the recent regimes (and some of the others gracing the league) I don't think our lot are doing too badly.

well i beleive as fan owned club we should be told everything that goes on at thge club its how it should be and people say im unrealistic etc well is staying in league one seen as unrealistic then thats what i expect .

• @drcongo said:
    OMG thirties! I forgot to add the 11 on!

Maybe that's the IQ level?

• With @marlowchair and @rmjlondon as our insiders the Gasroom is truly blessed.

• @trevor said:
    well i beleive as fan owned club we should be told everything that goes on at thge club its how it should be and people say im unrealistic etc well is staying in league one seen as unrealistic then thats what i expect .

Time to stand for election. I’ll vote for you. Go Trevor!

• Enjoyed the Maths!

• Not sure which of the marlow chair and Trevor accounts is more disturbing.
    The one being very negative hinting at being close to the running of the club, or the one basing his negativity off nothing.

• @marlowchair Will you be tabling your various concerns for formal discussion at an appropriate event, such as perhaps the Trust AGM, so that members of the Trust may hear the pertinent facts presented by both sides and ask appropriate questions? Or, will they remain as anonymous, unsubstantiated, transparently (if at all) veiled accusations on a message board that readers are unable to establish the veracity of?

• @Uncle_T - I think we all know the answer to that!

• I blame the cuts in the education budget. The least we should expect is that children in year 9 have a basic grasp of economics.

And apologies if I have misjudged you @trevor. I accept it is equally feasible you are a key player in DExEU.

• @marlowchair said:

We have somehow managed to reduce our commercial revenue on the back of promotion.

Reminder that Marlowchair has twice claimed insider financial knowledge and twice he has had to walk that claim back almost right away.

• Promotion is obviously the worse thing that could have happened to us. If only we had known...

• it probably was, but lets see what GA can magic from the pot of no money.

• Jesus richie you are a one and no mistake.

• @floyd said:
    @marlowchair said:

We have somehow managed to reduce our commercial revenue on the back of promotion.

Reminder that Marlowchair has twice claimed insider financial knowledge and twice he has had to walk that claim back almost right away.

Whatever makes you feel better Floyd. Unlike you I never pretend to be perfect & u admit when info changed or I was wrong. Ignore the things I’ve been very right about all you want I don’t really care.

• @Uncle_T said:
    @marlowchair Will you be tabling your various concerns for formal discussion at an appropriate event, such as perhaps the Trust AGM, so that members of the Trust may hear the pertinent facts presented by both sides and ask appropriate questions? Or, will they remain as anonymous, unsubstantiated, transparently (if at all) veiled accusations on a message board that readers are unable to establish the veracity of?

Considering when I have publicly asked similar questions before I’ve had direct contact from directors making it very clear I should shut up,probably not.

Considering trust members are tapped on the shoulder and accosted by directors when asking any kind of query that may be considered controversial at meetings in the past,probably not.

Considering the directors who post on here and their partners are fine with anonymity too.....yes.

• Personally I think Marlow Chair may be right. You may think this is a small football club trying to keep afloat but actually it is a web of dark conspiracies and high finance in which dissenters are routinely silenced. Who will forget when Sergei from Salisbury innocently asked why his season ticket was late only last season. He will not be making that mistake again. Mwaah-ha-ha. You have been warned.

• @marlowchair whatever the rights and wrongs of what you are saying you do come over (to me at least) as a paranoid conspiracy theorist.

The obvious answer to your latest 'bombshell' is: "so what?" Not ideal if true but I doubt they spent all summer down the pub thinking "who gives a toss."

Spill the beans: who ran over your dog/beat you at 100m at school/shagged your wife/husband?

• @marlowchair said:

@Uncle_T said:
    @marlowchair Will you be tabling your various concerns for formal discussion at an appropriate event, such as perhaps the Trust AGM, so that members of the Trust may hear the pertinent facts presented by both sides and ask appropriate questions? Or, will they remain as anonymous, unsubstantiated, transparently (if at all) veiled accusations on a message board that readers are unable to establish the veracity of?

Considering when I have publicly asked similar questions before I’ve had direct contact from directors making it very clear I should shut up,probably not.

Considering trust members are tapped on the shoulder and accosted by directors when asking any kind of query that may be considered controversial at meetings in the past,probably not.

Considering the directors who post on here and their partners are fine with anonymity too.....yes.

Typical bottler?

• @floyd said:

@Glenactico said:

My worry if that he was critical to the style of play. He was so quick to snap onto the second ball when we went direct to Bayo. And he covered lots of ground in a midfield that otherwise lacked athleticism. I already felt that we could do with a more physical centre midfield and without Luke I'm even more concerned. So I'm pleased to see we are looking for a direct replacement. Although you don't see that many box to box types now. Central midfielders seem to be coached either to play holding midfield or attacking, rather than both.

If we don't sign anyone before Saturday, i'd expect Dom Gape to fill that role, wouldn't you? Gape going box to box, Saunders creating, and Bean or Thompson holding.

Personally would prefer Gape a bit deeper breaking up play and starting attacks. Not sure he quite has the mobility to be back to front. Not a criticism (he was my player of the season last year) but I don’t think he has the right attributes. I’d expect Gape and Saunders in the middle with Blooms told to push on around Bayo.

As someone else has said, we need some more height in midfield.

• To be fair to the "chair", even if he knew some insider stuff, someone would quickly say "well..if you actually do, maybe you should keep it to yourself"

That's happened before, and leaves him in a no win.
    Say nothing - BS blagger
    say it all - confidentiality breaker!

• That’s a good summation.

• edited July 2018

Not at all @Malone, it would be better for all if he really did keep any insider information to himself. Sadly, for whatever reason, he chose not to.

• Nice try @Glenactico to move the debate back on topic

• So much does depend on the quality of loanee we get in - we know they are coming, and we know GA has a good eye for loan players, so I am still hopeful. I am happy at goalkeeper, and pretty much defensively (unless the injuries hit early), and despite Kashket and Tyson being injured, we always have forward options. It really is just the midfield that is a concern, and I am sure GA knows it as well as us. For me, it could take just a couple of strong midfield additions (whether loan or permanent) to suddenly feel significantly more hopeful.

• Yes, I think that is about right @shev but it is interesting that GA seems to have been looking at trialist defender and forward

• @floyd said:
    Not at all @Malone, it would be better for all if he really did keep any insider information to himself. Sadly, for whatever reason, he chose not to.

Here is Floyd saying I did report inside information not long after Floyd said my information was wrong.well done Floyd.

• God Saturday can't come soon enough. Some of this mindless shit is getting tiresome.

• I am reminded of the small child's chant - 'I know something that you don't'. If there is evidence of mismanagement of the club, then it should be explicitly stated. And if this isn't a safe place to do so, then marlowchair should seek advice from relevant authorities. I'm sure if there is a need for whistle-blowing because of the severity of the concerns Supporter's Direct can probably advise, but continued debate on here when only one person has the information isn't really much help to anybody.

• @marlowchair said:

Here is Floyd saying I did report inside information not long after Floyd said my information was wrong.well done Floyd.

So far you've twice claimed to have inside information, and twice that information was proved to be wrong. You even named the 09 fee yourself before later that same day changing your mind.

So yes, you've claimed to be reporting inside information and that information is wrong. If you have hard evidence of real mismanagement there are much better places to make that known that here.