Skip to content

O'Nien off?

Comments

• We’ll miss O’Nien in lots of ways, not least his ability to win free kicks on or around the half way line, an ideal position for an often used hoof toward Bayo. Maybe we should push JJ forward to fill that gap, never one to stay on his feet if he can avoid it!
    On the serious side, I suspect any fee will be a complex mixture based on appearances and goals, the big teams always have the upper hand on deciding these things. I just hope a decent sell is included.

• I probably shouldn’t do it (and apologies for any offence caused @Doob) but I expect you mean big clubs rather than teams and “sell on clause”.

• edited July 2018

Gape can fill the powering forward full tilt, slight nudge, swallow dive free kick role I am certain.

• I agree @Wendoverman and I think he will be the next “big thing” even though he is quite little. Another very likeable lad with a great rapport with the fans.

@TheAndyGrahamFanClub commented the other day that his QPR supporting pal told him that they have a lot of Eze type players in their development set-up. In view of Ian Holloway’s generous comments in a recent interview about our youth development record, perhaps there are one or two who would welcome the opportunity to follow in Ebere’s footsteps.
    He really was a star, both for his “amazing” football skills and as a personality.

• Im not sure hoe 380k in todays market is seen as good business 800k or 1m would of been more fair also are we really still in debt did we not pay of hayes and cutback alot closed youth system etc if where still getting into debt then we might as well go semi pro part time.

• Oh dear!!

• @Tom said:
    £380k is a good bit of business-for a lad unproven at this level with only a year left on his contract. I'll be sorry to see him go, but it's a good move for him and a good bit of cash for us.

Yet non of that will be used on getting a replacment.

• 800k? Dreamworld!

• Wycombe, I admire your success in gaining promotion last season, despite my dire predictions of complete failure, with a team of experienced pros and enthusiastic youngsters....but if you sell off one of our best players for less than I think he's worth, (even though I have no idea how much it was or what the deal entails) continue to operate on a tight budget and then expect me to look on the bright side and support you through thick and thin. I would say Wycombe! Nooooo! And probably give you a slap.

• oh here we go i expect abuse from the usual fans on here who attack anyone who has a different view on things than themselfs and you wonder why this club support wont grow its fans like you .

• No Trevor, it’s ‘fans’ like you who are to blame for your constant negativity, pessimism and unrealistic expectations. I’m sure you’d be a lot happier amongst your own kind on the FB page, they love wallowing in misery on there.

• How is the club supposed to grow its fans? We're not plants Trev.

• @glasshalffull said:
    No Trevor, it’s ‘fans’ like you who are to blame for your constant negativity, pessimism and unrealistic expectations. I’m sure you’d be a lot happier amongst your own kind on the FB page, they love wallowing in misery on there.

well when people say we are still in debt while we have low running costs and low wage budget explain how that isnt a concern

• @drcongo said:
    How is the club supposed to grow its fans? We're not plants Trev.

i meant our fanbase people seem to turn up to cup games yet disapear in the rest of the matches is a joke i started supporting this club when i was 11 back in 1995 and we dont seem to have grown in support more just gone backward it seems .

• @trevor said:

well when people say we are still in debt while we have low running costs and low wage budget explain how that isnt a concern

It’s very much a concern about the sustainability of football as a whole.

• cos our budget aint low thats why, people just believe it is cos GA keeps drumming it into us that were poor and have no money.

• Perhaps you are right, maybe in reality we have millions stashed away in overseas bank accounts and just choose not to spend it. Can’t wait for the day we withdraw some and give Manchester City a run for their money.

• Yes. Yes. The lies! The Lies! Michael Hutchence played backwards sounds like 'Huge Budget Keep It Quiet...'

• @rmjlondon said:
    cos our budget aint low thats why, people just believe it is cos GA keeps drumming it into us that were poor and have no money.

do you have any links to our current financial sitution with budgets etc or is it all speculation i thought as a fan owned club things would be transparent and we would be kept up to date.

• @trevor @rmjlondon knows everything...but he's sworn to secrecy so never tells.

• @trevor said:
    i started supporting this club when i was 11 back in 1995 and we dont seem to have grown in support more just gone backward it seems .

Are you trying to tell me you're not currently 11, and are actually in your twenties?

• edited July 2018

suppose this deal with sunderland will be undisclosed as our transfer dealings seem to be kept from the fans .

• undisclosed

• @drcongo said:

@trevor said:
    i started supporting this club when i was 11 back in 1995 and we dont seem to have grown in support more just gone backward it seems .

Are you trying to tell me you're not currently 11, and are actually in your twenties?

shut up seriously fed up with the constant personal abuse on here from you and others grow up .

• OMG thirties! I forgot to add the 11 on!

• @trevor said:
    suppose this deal with sunderland will be undisclosed as our transfer dealings seem to be kept from the fans .

So, let me get this straight, you'd rather we publicised how much spending money we have to all the clubs we might be trying to buy a player off so that they can set their selling price to match it? When you barter in a Moroccan souk do you start by telling the man selling rugs exactly how much money you have?

• @drcongo said:

@trevor said:

So, let me get this straight, you'd rather we publicised how much spending money we have to all the clubs we might be trying to buy a player off so that they can set their selling price to match it? When you barter in a Moroccan souk do you start by telling the man selling rugs exactly how much money you have?

when was the last time we actually bought a player sean devine wasnt it

• I can honestly never understand when there are hundreds of richer more successful clubs higher in the pyramid that you can follow why anyone would carry on supporting a club whose leadership, manager and players they have no time for and who they never seem to wish well. Surely if their lying, bad behaviour, lack of financial openness and recent success on the pitch offends you, find and support a team you admire. I don't think any club is run perfectly to everyone's taste and I'm not 11 or born and bred in leafy bucks, but considering one of the recent regimes (and some of the others gracing the league) I don't think our lot are doing too badly.

• We have somehow managed to reduce our commercial revenue on the back of promotion.

It’s not rumour mongering to air concerns around that given we have higher wage costs for LG1 yet lower sponsorship revenue.