Skip to content

Comments

• Ah that would be a shame. Good move for him though. Wish him well if true.

Surprised its taken 7 minutes and counting before one of the usual moaners pops up to complain about being a selling club, lack of ambition, fee too low, being ripped off etc.

We'll just have now to sign the younger future and even better Luke O'Nien. In Gareth we trust.

• The release of this is being managed very closely in terms of timing. the deal mirrors Ibe deal although not at the same upfront fee value obviously. £380K fee plus sell on percentage.3 years.

We need money and need to take the cash for these offers. Sporting director ( chairman in everyway other than title) and President ( former chairman & previous seller) have been shopping us around for over 12 months now and we need investors. Ideally it would be nice if the supporters trust members were informed of this rather significant fact.Two unelected officials acting as our agents also worries me.Both have been generous over the years but the men acting on the sale are by definition conflicted if they are also major creditors to the club due to their loans.We need objective due dilligence and that is hard if the men the club owes money to are the ones agitating for a sale.

not being unduly negative or wanting to stir trouble but those are the facts, don't shoot the messenger.

• Good luck to Luke. A nice lad who will be sorely missed. I hope we have got at least £500.000 for him, but I doubt it!!!!

• Trev has let his dog chew up his season ticket....I'm burning mine now. The whole season is over. As I predicted.

• Gutted but I guess he was always going to leave at some point just hope we havent been mugged off and got a good price.

• @marlowchair I admit I am quite thick but I'm not sure I follow your post at all. Are you suggesting the transfer money is being trousered by four un-named gentlemen we owe money to? Where were those figures announced?

• @Wendoverman said:
    @marlowchair I admit I am quite thick but I'm not sure I follow your post at all. Are you suggesting the transfer money is being trousered by four un-named gentlemen we owe money to? Where were those figures announced?

No I'm not. The transfer fee for LO and our shopping around the club for sale rather vigorously are two seperate issues entirely, although common in that we need money pretty urgently.

• edited July 2018

@marlowchair , this isn't the first time you've strongly suggested you're very close to the running of the club.

Who are you?

What do you mean that the story is "being managed very closely?"

• I've been hearing this since last season..

• It would be a dreadful shame to lose him before we've even played one league 2 game.
    Apart from Bayo, i can't think of a player I'd less want to lose.

• I normally take these sort of independent website reports with a pinch of salt, but it's interesting (maybe) it was RT'd by a club employee.

• Please don't go Luke. Sunderland are fucked

• @marlowchair really belongs in the same category as our other friends who claim to have insider knowledge. His grammar and spelling might be a bit better, but that's about it.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    These sources are dodgy at best, really hope he stays, £1m surely

Roker report is the best source for sunderland info now, the new owner of sunderland lets them in on information and has done a few radio interviews with them. The local rags now just get their articles from the Roker Report.

If its on there in 90% done tbh.

• @marlowchair said:
    The release of this is being managed very closely in terms of timing. the deal mirrors Ibe deal although not at the same upfront fee value obviously. £380K fee plus sell on percentage.3 years.

We need money and need to take the cash for these offers. Sporting director ( chairman in everyway other than title) and President ( former chairman & previous seller) have been shopping us around for over 12 months now and we need investors. Ideally it would be nice if the supporters trust members were informed of this rather significant fact.Two unelected officials acting as our agents also worries me.Both have been generous over the years but the men acting on the sale are by definition conflicted if they are also major creditors to the club due to their loans.We need objective due dilligence and that is hard if the men the club owes money to are the ones agitating for a sale.

not being unduly negative or wanting to stir trouble but those are the facts, don't shoot the messenger.

Conspiratorial blathering yet again.

It would be commercial suicide to inform the supporters trust of any and all negotiations as soon as they began.

If you have hard evidence of wrong doing present it, otherwise stop spreading rumour and doubt.

• So you're aware of negotiations taking place? Cheers.

• I'd like to say I'm quite a fan and have been for years but boy I don't know anything do I? Superfans such as @marlowchair are so connected they know facts and thoughts of people. I'm such an outsider.

Anyway as for 09 I couldn't be happier for him. He is a true example of hardwork paying off. He is always ready to engage with fans. I hope that he can use this chance to take him an even higher level.

• Interesting the quoted tweet is almost certainly using @marlowchair post on here as the 'Wycombe side of things'
    Personally I don't believe a word he says and is purely carrying on some grudge.

Would be sad if Luke left. Hope it doesn't happen

• If 09 leaves I wish him well, though gutted for us. This is the real world, and I could never begrudge him the chance to move to a bigger club, similarly to GA. I think we will be fine, but this does highlight (if true) the added degree of difficulty for a club of our stature.

• I encourage everyone to get on Twitter and ask him to stay

• I hope he does not go and will be disappointed that he's gone to a L1 competitor (even one awash with premiership parachute cash), but wish LON well. The boy done good.

• Whatever the veracity or otherwise of the Roker Report, the recent decision by HMRC to withdraw approval for the club’s Community Share Offer to be accepted into the Enterprise Investment Scheme (enabling individual members to claim tax relief of up to 30% on investments) seems likely to have an adverse effect on the club’s finances and this inevitably increases the pressure to look seriously at sensible offers for players.

The alarmingly sharp decline in supporters’ readiness to contribute to the second phase of the 500 Club was also disappointing.

I’m rarely negative about Wycombe Wanderers - after all, I’ve been a loyal fan since moving to the area 50 years ago - and there are still plenty of positives eg the significant increase in Season Ticket sales and, above all, the continuing commitment of Gareth Ainsworth and his colleagues.

• I don't have the Twitter but if LON reads the Gasroom over Roger Johnson's shoulder: 'Luke, please give up all that extra cash and have another year with us before @marlowchair sells us.'

• This is like when Luke left Yoda

• There is another

• £380k is a good bit of business-for a lad unproven at this level with only a year left on his contract. I'll be sorry to see him go, but it's a good move for him and a good bit of cash for us.

• Would be a real shame to lose Luke but wish him all the best for the future. He never ever gave anything less than 100% whilst in a Wycombe shirt. If we have to lose him I’d be much happier him joining Sunderland than that dreadful club Luton.

• We can also retain hope that it is an elaborate sabotage, and that after scoring a hattrick of own goals for Sunderland against us, he will rip off his Sunderland shirt to reveal the message 'Wycombe Till I Die'.

• Nevermind - it's official, being on the club website now. Goodbye Luke you cheeky chappy. Make sure you score against Oxford and Luton on your Black Cat adventure!