Skip to content

transfer speculation....

Comments

• It used to be more worrying when we had a terrific pre-season and smashed everyone didn't it? That would usually invite a crap season.

• @Malone Yep, see pre-season 2003/04. Beat full strength Watford and West Ham sides and promptly finished bottom of Division Two.

• @niebieski I can't manage to access that Joe Jacobson interview. Do they really onlty keep 4 news stories open at once?

• @Bacon_Sandwich said:
    niebieski I can't manage to access that Joe Jacobson interview. Do they really onlty keep 4 news stories open at once?

Someone needs to introduce the Jewish Telegraph to Wordpress! The interview is still available on their Twitter:

• this week i think we will hear on plans with JJ and Sido...get these 2 tied down plus, GK, moore, CB, CM, target man plus LB....not asking for much

• @Wwfc2015_ I would say no chance. GA and most players are enjoying a holiday. Time for a week or two off as play offs are settled etc

• Accrington GK signs for Posh....good move for them both ...not so much for Accy?

• That's a huge blow for Stanley - he looked exceptional at ours, even against a poor Wycombe team.

• Poor performance rather than poor team, to be fair.

• The save that really caught the eye was the 'Gordon Banks' he pulled out of the hat, from Paris's bullet header during the short spell in that game when we were on top.

• a real tale of two keepers, that match

• @eric_plant To be fair we got a footballing lesson all over the park in that game from the deserved champions, not just in how to command a penalty area.

• We did, but we could easily have been 2-0 up had it not been for their keeper

And then ours basically gave them one

We were never in the game after that

• A lot of the comments I’ve seen from Stanley fans seem to suggest we saw him in his one purple patch since he joined them. He came in for a fair bit of criticism before their winning run, ironically for not commanding his area or coming for crosses.

Easy to criticise when you lose a player though.

• So two teams got promoted with goalies who did not command their area or come for crosses...who have both now left. Perhaps Nathan Jones is right...Luton were the best team if not the one with enough points to be champions.

• Luton must have had an even worse keeper than Accy and us.

• Id rather have James Shea or Marek Stech than Scott Brown !

• Dicky, I'd love to see you contribute some philosopher based puns on the other thread. Can you give it a go?

• To be fair @rmjlondon most of the time you'd rather have players and managers other than the ones we have.

• If we replaced all our players with the Luton players, and Gaz with Jones, would Dickie start supporting the team?

cf: Sugarbabes Paradox

• I don't like luton, but they had better players than us in certain positions.

• Wow, philosophical debate / puns now going on on two threads simultaneously. I confess I hadn't realised that the ship of Theseus / Trigger's broom paradox as also called the Sugarbabes paradox, but it makes perfect sense.

• No r in Sugababes

• For many of their "fans", the r's are much more important than the music.

• Please no @DevC

• Richie is right. Luton’s side is by far and away better than Wycombe’s. They should have walked that league given their squad. Unfortunately for them they were managed by Nathan Jones.

• Luton's season review is already out on DVD. 'Champions In Spirit; Robbed By Those Pesky Points'

• Speaking of Luton though, Scott Cuthbert has been released and we believe we need a 3rd CB to compete with Stewart and El-Abd.
    Always been imperious against us and usually pops up with a goal too.

• old carthorse now, no thanks.