Skip to content

transfer speculation....

Comments

• Sorry all I suspect that was my fault. I'm not dissing sentencing guidelines or suggesting we throw away the key and all for rehabilitation of offenders but for my own peace of mind I am just glad that with McCormack and say Mr Evans that they did not come to Wycombe. I may have not made that clear when responding to @DevC I did not expect the transfer thread to become yet another examination of the criminal justice system. Apologies. I might have a break now until real football starts again . (After the world cup.)

• Derailing a thread should be punishable by life in prison.

• I said I was out, but I'm briefly back in to clarify my position on this - I fully believe in offenders being rehabilitated and being given the chance to return to their lives/jobs once their time is up. As far as I'm concerned, Luke McCormick can go and play for whoever he wants, but that doesn't mean I want him playing for Wycombe Wanderers. Any club that signs a player with a serious criminal conviction will have to accept there will be some negative attention as a result and I don't believe that's something anyone involved in the running of WWFC would want to have to deal with, particularly given our family club reputation. There's enough decent goalkeepers out there for us to be able to find someone who isn't such a poisoned chalice (if indeed we are even in the market for a GK).

Besides, purely on footballing ability, having seen McCormick numerous times, both in matches involving WW and other Argyle games I've seen since moving down these 'ere parts, I actually don't think he's that great a 'keeper and certainly not much of an upgrade on Brown, if at all. Others may disagree, just my opinion.

• Refreshing post, Jonny. Nice to read something both comprehensible and relevant to the thread.

• Thank you @micra. Another one of my moments of brief, brief lucidity!

• So, anyone up for resigning Gavin Grant for the 2035-36 season?

• He's got a good shot on him.

• Too far?

• Don’t think I can hold on that long.

• too illness-prone?

• Clayton McDonald is too good for non-league football. Could be a cheap signing.

And his mate might join us from Sheffield....

• I know clubs are already getting rid, but has anyone been released that we can speculate about for the whole season and complain that Gareth hasn't signed yet?

• Dave Tarpey back in training, back in the conference. And we have heard of him. Ideal summer gasroom speculation fodder.

• Dave Tarpey is Soooooo last pre-season @DevC

• if WWFC last season tells you just one thing, it would surely be that the old ones are the best....

• What's Scott Donnelly up to these days?

• He was playing for Margate a while ago.

• Just Googled him - currently at Hayes and Yeading, who finished third in the Southern Football League East Division this season, losing out in the playoffs which were won by Hartley Witney. Shame to see him playing so low, always looked a good player if a little lightweight and injury prone.

Remember going to H&Y in the first round of the FA Cup a few years back (2011?). They gave us a really tough game and it took a last minute winner from Ainsworth to see us through. They were in the Conference then (albeit struggling) so they've really plummeted since then. I remember being confused by the amount of white and black scarfs among the away fans and thought maybe some Maidenhead fans had come along. Turned out it was part of the 'black and white' campaign against Sharkey's new rugby stadium plans.

• Akinde transfer listed although I doubt we will pay a fee. Not sure we will want him anyway

• I'm not Gareth (or richie), but I would have thought a forward was the least of our worries.

• I personally think Akinde would be a great signing

• It was interesting to see Josh Umerah in the player awards dinner group photograph. Also a young fair haired lad who may have been erstwhile left back prospect, Jack Williams. I can’t find a picture of Jack to compare. No disrespect but easily identifiable by his ears. There are one or two other faces I didn’t recognise but one at least looked old even by our standards!

• @micra that might have been me as the 'old' one as fans were able to have their picture taken with the squad and two of my sons joined me in our picture.

• No, not you, Alan. Not in the front row. Have a look and see what you think.

• ‘Twas on Twitter.

• @micra Gareth and Dobbo in that one.

• No, I know them!
    Wish I could download the photo.

• Have had another look and I’m embarrassed to say that the “old” guys are almost certainly Moore (with bow tie putting 20 years on him) and, next to him, Williams (wearing specs). I blame my tiny iPhone screen and fading eyesight!

Is that Jack Williams next to his namesake, by the way?

• The middle row is (left to right) CMS, 09, Harriman, Moore, Thompson, Jack Williams (i think) Tyson, Rendell Williams.

Nice to have all the loanees back... is mystery man Henry Newcombe in there anywhere?

• Didn’t notice. But he was very much in evidence on Saturday, of course. Yes, forgot about Thompson. Randell Williams may not be there.