Skip to content

transfer speculation....

Comments

• I assume Eze wasn't there, and if so, that was a shame as he really kick started our season.

• @mooneyman he was in the QPR team playing at Leeds on Sunday.

• And I'm sure I read he did appear at the club after the Chesterfield game. He certainly played a key role at an important time for us.

• Frank Nouble is out of contract at Newport. Could be a more than useful understudy for Bayo

• @Vincey said:
    Frank Nouble is out of contract at Newport. Could be a more than useful understudy for Bayo

17 teams in 10 years! Another Jason Banton?

• A definite non from me.

• No...we wait until Gareth has signed them...and then we say...No. Not for me.

• @mooneyman @Right_in_the_Middle Eze seems to have enjoyed his time with us and joined in the celebrations after Chesterfield. https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/season-a-great-learning-curve-for-eze/

• JJ looking to stay with us https://www.jewishtelegraph.com/

• Have to take your word for it @ForeverBlue. Nothing relevant as far as I could see on the page reached via the link you posted.

• @micra there's a sports club look at index on the right then on the left when you get to the sport page

• The Jewish Telegraph website looks like it hasn't had a redesign for around twenty years!

You need to pick 'Sport' from the right hand menu then the 'Three years after playoff agony...'

or follow: https://www.jewishtelegraph.com/sport_3.html

• Oops sorry @micra not sure what happened there. Thanks for reposting correctly @niebieski

• Good news there.

He seems a great guy from all opinions on him, so I wouldn't have thought he'd be playing too much hard ball.
    But it'd be super naïve if he didn't at least look at what other deals might be out there, if only to point out to Wycombe he's in demand.
    At 31, a 2-3 year deal might be his last big contract (by lower league standards!)

• Thanks @niebieski. Interesting article.

• edited May 2018

His value will never again be as high as it is now, given his age.

• Jamie Mackie released by QPR, i heard an unsubstantiated rumour that he was on our radar after Christmas.
    Mackie's playing style and work rate is very much what Mr Ainsworth looks for in a player.

• Right sort of age as well

• QPR have released the following players: Jamie Mackie, James Perch, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas & Nedum Onuoha....maybe out of our financial budget...

• @Wwfc2015_ said:
    QPR have released the following players: Jamie Mackie, James Perch, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas & Nedum Onuoha....maybe out of our financial budget...

We barely have a budget dont we

• Nedum Onuoha would be the answer to our defensive issues - and I would love to see Jay Emmanuel-Thomas up front, though that would have to shunt out Bayo to super sub. If we could rake together enough to fund one of them that would be fantastic business.

• A cautionary note for anyone of a squeamish disposition. If you google Chinedum Onuoha, the first picture of him that will appear on your screen is X-rated.
    But I agree with @aloysius. In terms of size, experience and defensive versatility, he looks like someone who would fit the bill very nicely. There are of course other considerations, not least affordability!

• Onuoha would be fantastic signing. I think he'd still have bags of pace. He's also a very accomplished guy according to Wikipedia:

'He achieved eight grade 'A's' and two 'B's' at GCSE. He then completed his studies at Xaverian College Manchester where he achieved three 'A' grades at A-level in Maths, Business Studies and IT.[2][3] An outstanding junior sprinter; aged 14 he finished in second place in the final of the 2001 English School's Athletics Association Junior 100 metres contest, clocking 11.09 seconds and beating current Great Britain sprinter Craig Pickering.[4]

He is also currently the co-national record holder for boys under 15 standing triple jump, in the Sports Hall events held annually throughout the UK, the record is held with international long jumper Jonathan Moore.'

• Trevor and his one-policy party. The 'man of vision' who said our squad was too old, wasn't good enough and would finish 12th. 'Poor signings' he said. 'We need a 3G pitch', he said. 'Nobody listens to me' he said.

Well he got one thing right.

• Cone on @LeedsBlue get on board with Troll Summer. Before a ball is kicked they cannot be wrong thems the rules.

• "Slough Town. Maidenhead United. We should be beating these teams!"

I get it now.

• Brilliant @LeedsBlue.

• Ah yes, that's another Gasroom/Facebook classic we can look forward to towards the end of the summer, when people start getting their knickers in a knot because we lost a pre-season game to Chesham United.

• 'well its all going like i said it would poor signings simple as lucky to finish mid table this season suppose that's acceptable to alot of the older fans . ' @trevor puts his finger on what cost us promotion.

• @Wendoverman said:
    'well its all going like i said it would poor signings simple as lucky to finish mid table this season suppose that's acceptable to alot of the older fans . ' trevor puts his finger on what cost us promotion.

At least ‘WWFC best job and lifestyle’ occasionally stops spitting bile and falls in love with Gaz for a couple of games before reverting to type. Trevor had given up before August was out. Check this epic post:

“as usual the insults some people on here cant admit they where wrong and i as right as usual lets see where we are at the end of the season then.” @trevor, August 2017