Skip to content

Transfer Window

Comments

• Yes. it was a good one, wasn't it. With quite a small margin for error too, with the two opposition players in front and behind Tafari. Delighted to have players with the skill to execute passes like that and the experience/ confidence to take them on.

That first touch by Tafari though! Still smiling at the thought of it.

• On the highlights you can hear people moaning as he hits the pass, I’m guessing they’re the same people who shout “FORWARDS” every time someone plays a pass that’s more than five degrees off goalwards.

• He's my current favourite player I think

He is so good

• CMS is our best signing since Alfie signed on loan! He is a class act.

• Bit harsh on Bayo!

• What a great position we're in with regard to the team, almost spoilt for choice over who is best. Just need a return to fitness for some stalwarts and away we go. Thank you GA for assembling this group and I think we are really all beginning to BELIEVE!

• Honestly, I was starting to wonder if the playoffs are the best we can hope for, with some of the injuries and inconsistency of late, but that Colchester game, with the way the new loanees played, really makes me think automatic promotion is definitely on!

• Steady on Shev, have another funny fag mate.

• Note to @Shev to avoid confusion, since I understand you are American and your American English interpretation of the above comment may differ from the British English: I presume @Blue_since_1990 has used the word "fag" in the sense of the British informal noun meaning "cigarette".

• I always assumed you're an expat Shev?

• Ho, didn’t realise you were American Shev. Yes meant cigarette. Maybe I should delete previous comment with my rubber, oh sorry, eraser. All good fun and no insult intended Shev. COYB.

• Ha ha - to settle the mystery, I am an expat, though a dual citizen with an American mum (who still lives in Hertfordshire with my dad) and I have been stateside 17 years. I am going to make it over for the Stevenage game on the last day of the season, though!

• ...and yes, definitely getting a bit carried away after that result. The funny fag comment was warranted!

• “Upwards of £100,000! I should cocoa.

• Quotation marks after ‘!’

• Surely in WWFC-speak Northampton wouldn't have offered £150,000 for Luke O'Nien? An "undisclosed fee" I could accept. Very popular figure these days.

• If 09 can continue to improve his form there is no doubt that he will get his move as he has so much talent. But at the moment a step up to a scrappy L1 team is hardly going to appeal to all parties i wouldn't have thought. Charlton might have a kudos appeal, Northampton has pretty good parking at the ground but thats it.

• To generate interest in a player.

• Normally it's agents trying to drum up some publicity, make interested clubs think there's competition for the player so up their bid or come in for the player quicker. I vaguely remember reading somewhere that Luke's agents were his parents though, so unless he's swapped to a professional in order to get him a move, in this case it seems unlikely. To be honest, it shocks me more that a good manager like Karl Robinson hasn't heard of O'Nien. He's one of League 2's brightest young talents. Robinson should really be paying more attention to what's going on around him.

• I have a theory that this is Ainsworth and Wycombe trying to drum up some interest as we would ideally need to sell a player to balance the books.

No fact involved in this. Just a hunch based on years of watching Barry Fry operate.

• It's a pretty dire conspiracy theory. Occam's duct-tape.

There's a myriad of twitter accounts, websites and Facebook pages that churn out bollocks transfer rumours week, in week out. At some point, a Wycombe player is going to crop up one of these.

Luke scores a screamer with his left foot in a rivals clash, gets nominated for goal of the week, some muppet churning out these fake stories decides he might plump on him this week.

• @OxfordBlue said:
    It's a pretty dire conspiracy theory. Occam's duct-tape.

There's a myriad of twitter accounts, websites and Facebook pages that churn out bollocks transfer rumours week, in week out. At some point, a Wycombe player is going to crop up one of these.

Luke scores a screamer with his left foot in a rivals clash, gets nominated for goal of the week, some muppet churning out these fake stories decides he might plump on him this week.

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head there Oxford Blue although we would do well to hold on to Luke if he continues to progress at the rate he has this season.

• Luke would have to have his financial head turned considerably to move away now. A team with a chance of automatic spot, a very good chance of playoff place, if successful it would look a great addition to his CV as the engine room of that club. I'm sure those same offers & maybe more will come in the summer.

• Keeping Luke at the club would be the icing on the cake.

• @lordmelchester said:
    Keeping Luke at the club would be the icing on the cake.

What would be the cherry then!

• The cherry would be finally getting promotion and out of this league. COYB

• I think Gareth is negotiating to take over at Col U, wants to sell all the players before he goes, burn down Adams Park and dance on its ashes waving two fingers at the Vere Suite. No facts here, just my hunch based on there being no Yorkies in the work choccy machine and having time on my hands.