Skip to content

Transfer Window

Comments

• @aloysius O’Nien lives in Hemel

• @floyd I would like to think that 09 is a sensible chap who has already suffered a major set back in his football career when he was released by Watford. Pierre left us to play the free transfer musical chairs and ended up at Northampton, if he was honest would they have featured in his top 20 next places to play post Wycombe - I doubt it. 09 I suspect will want to stay where he is until the right move for him (upper div 1, lower championship) comes along - at which point i will fondly wave him farewell with best wishes.

• It depends if he is on peanuts here really. Maybe we can do something to keep him, such as an improved deal etc.

• It would be a strange move to make in January. If he wants to play in the division above then, fair dos, but given they might not be there come May it would be a strange one. I would have thought an advisor would have said wait until the end of the season - and if they stay up then move then. I doubt he will move to them this window, but I guess we shall see.....

• I do feel sorry for Pierre. I thought he was the best defender of his type we've had going back a huge amount of time, and while clearly Mawson had more about him, i certainly didn't think there were 3 divisions difference between them.

Therefore, i can understand Pierre's eagerness to not miss out on some sort of move, just in case even that didn't happen again.

O'Nien is probably second only to Bloomfield in the "loves being here" stakes, and i'm sure he appreciates us taking him on, and the 3 year deal.
    And agree with @floyd that there's no need to rush off, and there's better out there.

However, Northampton, "if" they still have big backing ( i truly can't remember if they do, or if they're in massive debt now!), they could still become that good option

• On a more positive note, maybe we can get a loanee centre back in before tomorrow. I can’t really see us winning many games with the weak back for we had against Preston, especially if we have to use WDH.

• Four not for

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    It depends if he is on peanuts here really. Maybe we can do something to keep him, such as an improved deal etc.

Luke is on 5K a week. Richie told me.

• edited January 2018

@MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Luke is on 5k a week. Richie told me.

Richie told me he was on £10k per week plus 20% discount on purchases in the club shop

• Oh....£9(k) sounds more like it. I'll get my coat.

• @Blue_since_1990 , it's always quite interesting to look at a player's "Influence".
    Some players make their partner play better, others the opposite.

I'm afraid WDH is very much the latter, so him and Scarr would be a dreadful combo.

• I think @Malone and @TheAndyGrahamFanClub have summed it up perfectly.

• edited January 2018

oh god forbid anything is clear signal of lack of ambition as we sit in the play-off positions @Blue_since_1990 ...the Gasroom will be like Rorke's Drift! Trolls? There'll be faaawsans of 'em!

• Perhaps if 09 (only) slightly injures himself scoring the winner tomorrow, he will miss the January window and be ready for the run-in and the play-off final/promotion celebrations.

• we won't be in the play off positions for long thats the concern, by 5.15 tommorow we probably won't be.

• Nice and positive

• Lets hope Brown has a stormer again, like he did at their place earlier in the season. Best performance I have seen from him. I have a feeling he will need to be on top form again if we are to get anything from the apes tomorrow and hold our play off position

• @rmjlondon means we’ll be in the top 3 by then, I’m sure.

• According to Football League Zone on Twitter:

Wycombe Wanderers & Stevenage are reportedly interested in signing Blackburn Rovers defender Lewis Travis on loan.

• @rmjlondon say something positive about the team you support.
    Will they still be top at 5.15 on Saturday?

• New signing being announced shortly

• we have made a signing !!!

• Signing announced shortly!

• @Arsenal right-back @tafarimoore goes straight into the squad for tomorrow's clash with #ColU!

• Played for FC Utrecht last season and represented England at every age group up to U20.

• Tafari Moore - The right-back, aged 20, has been with the Gunners since the age of 12, gaining first-team experience on loan at FC Utrecht in Holland last season and representing England at all youth levels up to under-20.

• it is what we needed, I will say well done Gaz now, and will let you know if I still feel this way after tomorrow :)

• suspect this means Jombati will be used in the middle now and Harriman is along way off fitness.

• edited January 2018

@Tom said:
    Tafari Moore - The right-back, aged 20, has been with the Gunners since the age of 12, gaining first-team experience on loan at FC Utrecht in Holland last season and representing England at all youth levels up to under-20.

You are not going to stay at Arsenal for 8 years unless you have a modicum of ability!

• excellent news...