Skip to content

Transfer Window

Comments

• @micra they used their powers of deduction

• If he walks out of tescos in sands, it might be a different story

• Sido was walking fine, or the waitress?

• Boro CB also joins on loan!

• Any more on the horizon?

• If there are no ‘outs’ I’m not convinced we need any more ‘ins’.

Maybe one more as cover in central midfield, but they wouldn’t expect to get much game time given we have Saunders, O’Nien, Gape, Bloomfield and Bean. Unless they were Eze.

• I'd definitely like to see another midfielder come in. All of our current midfielders are injury prone to varying degrees.

• The new transfer window system obviously punishes us with limited budget and no youth and reserve set up. You look at the squad today and throw in the injured players who are likely to return soon(soonish) and you think we are good. Signing the Josh back from Charlton would be a luxury and one that could be detrimental to all parties if he is on the bench for the next 4 months, trouble is if Bayo gets injured on 1st of February we have no strong central presence in the squad. Ditto Saunders, his creativity is priceless in some games and I can't wait to see him link up with Kashket, but a Saunders type is not easy to come by and they don't come cheap and will want to play.
    A great deal of luck is required from now til May me thinks.

• Um, let me think
    Er, not much probably
    Ah wait, back up target man for Bayo?

• We've lost three loan players and bought in two. We've sold Southwell.

I'd say we should be able to manage another loan signing and maybe two if the club is serious about promotion. We do have a lot of injury risks in the squad don't we.
    Not really sure on where we need help positionally. I'd go with best player available.

• Creative midfielder and a backup for bayo (maybe Umerah).

• We're expecting quite a lot of football out of some (in football terms) quite old legs if we don't bring in any new faces before January is out. I would have thought that if it were possible we'd be trying to bring in some fresh legs.

Oh and I'd get a top quality loanee keeper in as well but we've done that one to death

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    We've lost three loan players and bought in two. We've sold Southwell.

I'd say we should be able to manage another loan signing and maybe two if the club is serious about promotion?????

You sure about that comment Righty? Of course the club is serious about promotion, but not at any cost surely. How many clubs, historically have gone down the "cheque book route" and come unstuck? We have no philanthropist to hand out funds and the banks won't lend us any. We can afford what we can and if it means we miss out then so be it.

@eric_plant said:
    Oh and I'd get a top quality loanee keeper in as well but we've done that one to death.

Is the current bench warmer not good enough? The little I've seen of him, I would GUESS, that he is a more than capable understudy & given his other abilities in fitness coaching & goalkeeper coaching, he is a perfect fit for our current status.

• He's suggesting getting in a new number one keeper

• @Username said:
    He's suggesting getting in a new number one keeper

Not the best use of resources IMHO. Brown appears to be doing a good job this season after a shaky start. Why upset the apple cart?

• @eric_plant said:
    We're expecting quite a lot of football out of some (in football terms) quite old legs if we don't bring in any new faces before January is out. I would have thought that if it were possible we'd be trying to bring in some fresh legs.

Oh and I'd get a top quality loanee keeper in as well but we've done that one to death

GA has just said that Scott Brown is having an 'excellent season' so this would appear unlikely..

• YMK has extended his contract till the end if the season. Not particularly surprising really.

• Do we need to play a 'Bayo Jr' if the man himself is injured? I'd love to see CMS given a chance to play in the centre, and he'd have able support from Kashket, PCH, Tyson and Freeman in the wide positions. That's not to say I wouldn't like to see Umurah back, but only with a view to signing him permanently at the end of the season as a long-term replacement.

• Good news about Nick Freeman’s contract extension

• Ha!

Well done Nick, thoroughly deserved, and an obvious decision for all who've watched you progress

Excellent news

• Didn’t someone suggest he wouldn’t be offered an extension

• I can't remember

• Quite agree. If I remember correctly his contract runs out at the end of this season and that will be the time to consider replacing him. Brown is an average keeper at this level, but if we have ambitions to push, on a higher class one is needed.

• @BuckinghamBlue said:
    Good news about Nick Freeman’s contract extension

Obviously Gareth has ignored Dev's advice!

• Great news about Nick Freeman on so many levels.

• I agree Eric.

• would it be churlish , Mooney, to point out that "Dev" offered no advice to GA. he is more than aware he is in no position to do so.

• I'm thrilled about Freeman. Really good example of a player who has taken a chance given to him. He has improved and improved and is an excellent balance to Harriman on the left wing. His crossing ability continues to improve and he has now shown an eye for goal too.
    I would like to see CMS get at least another year too now. Simply because I think he has at least three years left in him and surely someone will see that a fit CMS is way to good for this league.

• edited January 2018

The CMS pass that set Tafari off on that run deserves its own thread.