Skip to content

Wycombe Wanderers Women

Comments

• Tomorrow the U18s travel to XL Football in the JPL. The teams drew 2-2 in November and XL are five points and one place above the Chairgirls. Kick-off midday on the 3G pitch at Kings Hill Sports Park, 200 Beacon Ave, Kings Hill, West Malling ME19 4QP.

On Sunday the Reserves are away to Stonesfield FC West Oxfordshire in the Thames Valley League. This is the first meeting this season, and the Chairgirls complete their season on 16th April with the reverse fixture. Stonesfield are fourth in the table and only lost 2-0 to Ruislip Rangers three weeks ago, so another tough fixture coming up. Kick-off 2pm at Stonesfield Playing Field, Witney OX29 8HA.

• FT XL 2-0 U18s.

• FT Stonesfield 3-1 Reserves.

Ruislip Rangers, who beat East Oxford 10-0 today, are now six points behind the Chairgirls, with five games in hand.

The Firsts lost 3-0 to Ascot United this afternoon, in a home friendly.

• Match reports from last weekend.

https://www.wwfc.com/news/2023/april/03/chairgirls-reserves-defeated-at-stonesfield/

There are no games this weekend.

• Tomorrow the U18s are away to second placed Millwall Lionesses in the league. I think they are playing then, there is conflicting information on the JPL site, but last week's match report says so. In February the Lionesses won 3-2 at Burnham. Kick-off 10.30am at an unknown venue.

On Sunday the Reserves play their final league game when they host Stonefield FC West Oxfordshire, who they lost 3-1 to two weeks ago. Kick-off 2pm at the 1878 Stadium, Burnham SL1 8JG.

• Amelia Sage scored the goal for the U18s in an excellent 1-0 win at Millwall this morning, in the quarter-final of the JPL Cup.

• The Reserves' game against Stonesfield today was postponed. Ruislip Rangers are now three points behind with four games in hand, after beating East Oxford 10-0.

• Thanks for all your updates on the womens teams @Steve_Peart and great to hear about this result. Hopefully the club scouts are looking to recruit the striker Onion in the summer. Together they'll form a formidable partnership and give teams a real stuffing next season.

• No games this weekend, as far as I can see.

I think the U18s' next game is 29 April, away to Watford in the league cup, but it's not clear on the JPL site.

The Reserves' postponed game last week has not been rescheduled yet, if it is going to be.

• The Firsts won 4-1 at Abbey Rangers in a friendly this afternoon. Rangers, one level below, led 1-0 at half-time, but goals from Jess Fuller, Emma Newberry and Katie Riddington (2) competed the comeback.

• I think the U18s are away to Watford tomorrow, in the JPL League Cup. It's always hard to tell on the JPL site! Kick-off 10:30, venue unknown.

No news on the rescheduling of the Reserves' last game. It may end up as a walkover win for one of the teams. Ruislip Rangers have already moved above the Chairgirls into top spot and are confirmed as champions.

• A superb victory for the U18s this morning as they beat Watford 4-2, to go through to the league cup final.

A Freya Harris brace put the Chairgirls two up, Watford levelled but goals from Naomi Tilley and Brooke Sanders secured the win.

• I have just noticed that an adjustment has been made to the Southern Region Premier table. It sees the Firsts drop to second from bottom after a three point deduction, with Winchester City Flyers gaining three points.

I can only think that the result of the Chairgirls' 3-0 win over the Flyers on 26 February has been reversed for some reason, perhaps a player registration problem. This potentially leaves the Firsts relegated, as two teams from the divisions below will be promoted. Their hope will be that the number of teams in the Premier Division is increased from the current small number of eight, to ten perhaps, with no relegations.

League tables.

Firsts: https://bit.ly/3StvcGA

Reserves: https://bit.ly/3CaWWKA

U18s:  https://bit.ly/3rI6t5W

• Tony Hector has let me know what happened. A player was signed at the start of the season, who had played in Scotland the previous season. She was approved to play by the FA, but international clearance was also required, which the club did not know at the time. The club were charged with fielding an ineligible player in September and it has taken until now to resolve.

League and FA accepted it was a technical breach, with no intent to gain an unfair advantage, and approval to play had been granted by the FA, but a three point penalty has been applied. The League have confirmed that the team will not be relegated.

• Good to hear that they won't be relegated, which would have been incredibly unfair in the circumstances

• Tomorrow the U18s travel to Nottingham Forest in the JPL. Forest are one place and three points below the Chairgirls, and have lost 10-0 and 11-0 in their last two league games. For some weeks now, the JPL site has had the result already filled in as a 4-0 win for Forest. Let's hope that is just a typo and not foresight! Kick-off 10:30, venue not given.

The Reserves' season has finished, the postponed game against Stonesfield has been awarded to the Chairgirls as a walkover win. The Reserves are assured of second place, 11 points above Beaconsfield Town, and are three points behind Ruislip Rangers, who have two games in hand and a vastly superior goal difference.

• The JPL site still shows a 4-0 defeat yesterday to Forest, as it has for some weeks, so I don't think the game was played. No mention of a game on WWFCW socials.

• Does the first team's reprieve mean that another club’s promotion has been thwarted, which in itself would appear a little unfair? Or, are they expanding the division? All seems a rather messy situation to me!

• I suspect they are expanding the division, it is too small, and no club will be relegated.

• Good luck to the U18s tomorrow, when they play Fulham in the the JPL Cup Final.

Previous meetings this season have been close, 1-0 and 2-0 defeats, but the Chairgirls have already beaten higher ranked teams, Millwall and Watford, in the competition.

Kick-off is 1pm at The New Croft, Chalkstone Way, Haverhill CB9 0BW. I am sure there is a good reason why the teams have to travel to Suffolk!

• FT Fulham 2-1 U18s.

Naomi Tilley gave the Chairgirls a half-time lead but Fulham scored the winner 15 minutes from time. Hard luck Chairgirls, a valient effort against a very good side, and a great achievement to get to the final.

• When you've gotta go....

• Tomorrow the U18s travel to Millwall Lionesses in the JPL. It is one win each this season, a 1-0 win for the Chairgirls in the league cup last month, a 3-2 win at Burnham in February for the Lionesses, who have finished second behind champions Ascot United.

The JPL site is still showing the 'phantom' 4-0 defeat to Forest on 6th May, a game I do not think has taken place.

• The Millwall result has not been filled in on the JPL site, nothing from WWFCW, so it seems the advertised fixture never took place. I was told last summer that the JPL admin was poor, so it has turned out.

• Seriously, how hard can it be to do.

When I played hockey in the East of England Hockey Leagues they had pretty straightforward & simple rules, home captain/club secretary (if more than 1 league game at home) phones in the result after the game but no later than 6pm on the day of the game or the home team suffers it going down as a 3-0 walkover to the away team, Cancellations needed to be notified to the league & the opposition no more than an hour before the game at the latest.