Skip to content

Wycombe Wanderers Women

Comments

• Tonight, Thursday, the Firsts play a friendly away to Penn & Tyler's Green, at French School Meadow, Penn HP10 8LF.

Both teams are advertising it, presumably it is open to the public, but neither has given a Kick-off time.

• FT Penn & Tylers Green 0-1 Firsts.

• Two teams are in friendly action this weekend at Burnham SL1 8JG, both on Sunday.

The U18s play Oxford United U23s at 10:30, followed by the Firsts against Hilltop Women at 2pm. Hilltop are a step 9 side in Greater London Division 2 North.

• Official @WWFCWomen have tweeted that both our teams won today, but have not given the scores. However, from a reply by the Burnham FC Marketing & Media Director, we know that the U18s won 3-1 and the Firsts won 10-3.

• However, I've just seen a tweet from someone watching today, saying the Firsts won 9-3!

• On Sunday the Firsts play their final pre-season friendly, against Royal Wootton Bassett Town from the SW Regional Premier, same step 5 level as the Chairgirls.

Kick-off 2pm at Burnham SL1 8JG. Adults £3, 16 and under free.

• FT Firsts 4-1 Royal Wootton Bassett Town.

• Goals from Amy Leach, Molly Carter, Esmee Sword and Chante Inniss.

• Sounds like pre-season is going well for the women, both in terms of recruitment & results in friendlies, hope it all augers well for a good season

• Yes @Erroll_Sims, the last two results were good, there were some heavy friendly defeats previously but the squad was still being assembled.

There are the same 52 players registered for the Firsts and Reserves, bar one name missing from the Reserves, so there is a very large pool to choose from. One name not showing as registered is the Norwegian midfielder Kine Andersen. Maybe she will appear when the Brunel Uni term starts.

• Opening fixtures for the Firsts (SRWFL Prem).

4 Sep - Winchester City Flyers (A)

11 Sep - Ascot United (H)

25 Sep - Eastleigh (H)

2 Oct - Buckingham Utd/Sport London e Benfica (FAC 2QR).

Note that 18 Sep, County Cup day, is free as the Firsts have a bye in the B & B.

Reserves (TVCWFL Div 2):

4 Sep - Barton United (H)

11 Sep - Goring United (A)

18 Sep - Beaconsfield Town (H)

25 Sep - Easington Sports (A)

2 Oct - Stonesfield (H) - may have to be played in the morning as Firsts are at home that day.

As for the U18s, the Junior Premier League has no details as yet for the 2022-23 season, as far as I can see. All a bit odd, perhaps they start later.

• Some feedback from Carl Simon.

He and his team are also waiting for the JPL to publish the U18 fixtures.

Kine Andersen is currently playing in the Norwegian Division 2 and is due back in the UK at the end of September. She will then need to complete her international clearance before she can be registered.

• Hi all of you ladies football fans,

I am an academic researcher at Loughborough University, working in collaboration with UMass (a world-leading sports management university), we would love all you to take part in our international study and put your views about your rivals on the worldwide stage.

Link to study: https://umassamherst.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3FdJ8eN2EgFCfCB?collID=10&grpID=1423 

• Three more new signings this week for the Firsts. Tall, experienced goalkeeper Sophie Cheadle joins, previously with Watford and QPR, along with ex-Derby County midfielder Honor Cantrell, and another goalkeeper Emily Strange, who has come from from WWSET Elite Development Academy. Eleven new signings in total, rounded up here:

https://www.wwfc.com/news/2022/september/01/introducing-the-new-chairgirls-/

• The league season starts on Sunday, an exciting new era with a new home ground, a new team of coaches and many new players.

The Firsts travel to Winchester City Flyers in the Southern Region Premier, opponents who have also been busy signing new players, 12 in total. Last season the Chairgirls also started their campaign away to the Flyers, with a 3-2 defeat. Kick-off 2pm at the Charters Community Stadium, Winchester SO23 7SU (not SO50 7SU as shown on @WWFCWomen Twitter).

The Reserves take on Barton United at home in the Thames Valley Counties Division2. Barton were promoted as champions from Division 3W, with an impressive record of W16 D1 L1 last season. KO 2pm at the 1878 Stadium, Burnham SL1 8JG. Adults £3, under 16 and under free.

• Sadly, one player we will not be seeing in the Quarters this season is former Club Captain Charlotte Bagshaw. Charlotte had been with the club since the age of 10, nineteen years ago I believe. She was registered last season but a serious injury kept her on the sidelines, where she continued to watch her team. She had left before the new coaching team arrived and, in my brief time watching the Chairgirls, I can confidently say that Charlotte has consistently been the best player in team, whether a commanding central defender, or a central midfielder driving forward and scoring long range goals.

I do not know if Charlotte has retired but she will go down as one of, if not the most important player in the club's history. On behalf of all Gasroomers, thank you Charlotte for all you have done for the club. I do hope the Trust will formally recognise her contribution in some way.

Charlotte led her team to the TVC Plate in 2014, after beating Headington 3-1 in the final.

(Back l-r) Hope McIntyre, Laura Holland, Flo Webb, Lauren Head, Nicola Kirk, Emma Klima, Andrew Morten (coach), Emily Sherwood, Angeli Lotay, Sophy Barnett, Megan McClure, Hannah Moore.

(Front l-r) Holly Hussey-Burd, Sian Pill, Jacqui Coomber, Charlotte Bagshaw, Alicia Povey, Koren Jones. (photo: Bucks Free Press)

Charlotte in 2017 (photo: Prime Media Images)

• Well done Charlotte !! Got to love a Holmer girl ! ... always got your back xx

• FT Winchester City Flyers 0-1 Firsts.

Esmee Sword scored on 10', assisted by Katie Riddington. Described as end to end by the Twitter reports, goalkeeper Sophie Cheadle twice had to save smartly in one on one situations. Bonnie Messitt had a goal ruled out for offside near the end.

The starting lineup included six new players.

• edited September 2022

Elsewhere in the Southern Region Premier, Ascot United won 2-1 at home to promotion favourites Abingdon United, and former Chairgirl Chloe Ball scored two in Abingdon Town's 3-1 home win against Oxford City. Bournemouth Sports beat Eastleigh 3-1 at home.

• FT Reserves 2-0 Barton United

• I am an academic researcher at Loughborough University, working alongside those at UMass (a world-leading sports management university), and I’m gathering data about League 1 rivalries, we don’t just focus on the ‘big teams’!

If you haven’t already, I would urge and love everyone to take part in our international study and put your views about the womens team's rivals on the world stage. 

• It's the County Cup this weekend but the Firsts are without a fixture as they have been given a bye into the Quarter Finals.

The Reserves are looking to make it two wins out of two when they host Beaconsfield Town in the TVC Division 2 on Sunday, kick-off 2pm at the 1878 Stadium, Burnham.

Tomorrow, the U18s were scheduled to begin their defence of the Berks & Bucks U18s Girls' Cup, away to Maidenhead, but the Chairgirls have been awarded a walkover win. However, on Sunday, they begin life in the Junior Premier League, in JPL Warriors Group 2, with a home fixture against XL Football, from Kings Hill in Kent. This is a mini-league of of four teams, along with Ipswich Town Community Trust and Millwall Lionesses. The XL game kicks off at 10:30 at the 1878 Stadium.

The full JPLWarriors U17/U18 league begins on 1 October, with ten other teams: AFC Stoneham, Ascot United, Fulham, Ipswich Town Community Trust, Millwall Lionesses, Nottingham Forest, Notts County, Watford Ladies, Worthing Town and XL Football.

• edited September 2022

I got the day wrong for the U18s, they played this morning and drew 2-2 with XL in the JPL Cup, Tilley and Sage with the goals. It's not clear if that means a replay, or if this is at the group stage. (Ed. not thinking straight today, it is at the group stage).

• FT Reserves 2-0 Beaconsfield Town.

HT 0-0, Sally Grimm and Amy Norfolk were the scorers.

• In the FA Cup 1QR today, Sport London e Benfica won 6-1 away to Buckingham United, and so travel to the Chairgirls on 2 October in the next round.