Skip to content

We must sign Dave Tarpey now!

Comments

• I hereby retract my earlier statement.

• Tarpey watch - off injured on 7 mins.

• Welcome to League 2.

• Tarpey injured today after 7 mins, he would have fitted in with us a treat !

• thanks Reverse Nostradamus.

• I knew that would happen

• Any danger of looking up ....2 posts first Richie?

• I just saw a post from a Barnet fan who said Tarpy is out for the rest of the season with a serious injury.

• A real shame if true

• has damaged his ACL such a shame for the player

• Fingers crossed for Dave that the Barnet supporter had been tipped off by @rmjlondon

• I knew that would happen.

• He's a Barnet ST holder mate so not as deluded as him.

• Im glad we signed the players we did now we have enough injury prone players but its very sad for the lad

• Confirmed by Barnet that he has done his ACL. Out well into 2018.

• Sad for him. If this had had happened before he got his move he may well never have got it. Wonder what he is thinking right now. Good move or not?

• Very sad and renders the title of this thread even less appropriate. Just "Dave Tarpey" would suffice.

• What a blow for the lad! Hope he recovers well.

• It's heartbreaking for him, and a blow for a club like Barnet who have to operate very shrewdly.

• operate shrewdly ? they paid a fee of 25,000 plus and higher wages than coventry !

• A huge outlay for them. Which makes it even more painful for them financially.

• Now would not be a good time to sign him.
    Seriously though, what a dreadful thing to happen. Years of should I shouldn't I, the delight of getting a contract at a Football League club, followed almost instantly by a football career threatening injury. The prospect of signing Dave Tarpey had exercised the thoughts of Wycombe fans for a long time and I'm sure we all wish him the speediest possible recovery.

• Can you imagine the reaction of the Flat Earth Doommongers on here had Gareth signed him and this had happened?

• Not much comfort, but probably better getting the injury after leaving Maidenhead, at least he has got a much higher income for the next couple of years at Barnet.

• @mooneyman, i wonder if that's even a comfort. There's every chance that he didn't take much of an overall wage increase bearing in mind he would have had to leave the full time job on top of his part time Maidenhead commitments.
    Especially as there will be no bonus element as he won't be playing.

Either way, hope he's back as swiftly as is possible, and does well next season.

• https://mobile.twitter.com/09tarps/status/1123588608001286145/photo/1

Dave Tarpey is now available, having recovered from his injury problems over the last 2 years and is looking for a new challenge.

In my opinion he would be a great addition to our squad for the new season . COYB.

• In a subsequent tweet, in response to another Twitter user, Tarpey confirmed that his reason for turning down the new full-time contract that Barnet had offered him was to go back to playing part-time.

• A little unlikely as he has confirmed he will be playing part time next season.

Unless of course our budget is even worse than I feared.....

• Don't Bayo and Beano already train part time?

• I am sure the chance to play regular football in a local club would be too good to turn down. Very similar to the career development of a certain Jamie Vardy , don't you think!!