Skip to content

Match day thread: Doncaster

123457»

Comments

• In my opinion I would much rather watch a game at Kenilworth Road than your standard quarter full, soulless, bowl stadium you see nowadays.

• "Character" is one thing, but not at the expense of comfort, view and watching you don't trip over the dangerous 2 tier flooring and narrow seating.

• The view should be better without the kid Marshall wondering along the front kicking random hoardings @malone.

• @fromtheside , definitely. Not to labour the point with that kid, but I do remember him being on the bus a couple of times I used it a year or 2 back.

Back then he merely talked the ears off anyone close, including unlucky away fans.
    I wonder what made the behaviour escalate.
    I arrived at 2.55 once to see him being handcuffed by the rozz.

• Kenilworth Road for the away fans is fantastic if the team is supported by a legion of Hobbits. I can't believe that poo hole retains a safety certificate! Heaven help the fans of average build if they had to leave the stand in event of a fire. I fear most would be frazzled before they could unlock themselves from the minute space provided. I can only imagine that they are sponsored by Osteopaths R US.

• @eric_plant It's not very often I disagree with you, but didn't we lose Paris and gain Fred - thus remaining 'pace-neutral', as it were? The other theory doing the rounds at the time was that Murphy was a bit homesick, and therefore lost a bit of 'commitment to the cause', which didn't sit too well with Gareth (not saying I necessarily believe it, but just remember it was mooted as a reason for his loss of form mid-season).

• We started the season 4-4-2 with Scowen holding and Murphy pushing on, and Sam Wood putting in excellent cross after excellent cross from the left, hence scoring goals.
    We then reverted to a 4-3-3, at a similar time to when Scowen left so Murphy didn't fit the system, and Wood wasn't out wide as much to supply for him.

• @clifty04 said:
    We started the season 4-4-2 with Scowen holding and Murphy pushing on, and Sam Wood putting in excellent cross after excellent cross from the left, hence scoring goals.
    We then reverted to a 4-3-3, at a similar time to when Scowen left so Murphy didn't fit the system, and Wood wasn't out wide as much to supply for him.

Very true.

He never settled down south either though, had a fairly young family too if I remember correctly who may not even have moved down with him.

• Didn't we actually start the season with Danny Rowe alongside Murphy? As Scowen was injured for a few games?
    But pedantism a good summary from the boy Clift.

• @Username correct, his young family stayed up North which I'm sure didn't help him "settle " in the South.

• @Malone said

............But pedantism a good summary from the boy Clift.

Autospell malfunction @Malone? Agree a good summary.

• You got the jist son.

• When one considers the possibilities for where the typing error lies in that one, the mind shudders.