Skip to content

Aaron Pierre

Comments

• @HourglassRegular and @clifty04. Never seen in the same forum at the same time...

• @EwanHoosaami I would suggest that despite this being your opinion, it's unwise to continue adding fuel to the fire by name-calling, rumour spreading and engaging in other infantile behaviour. In life it is almost always unwise to pass judgement on someone who you do not know personally, as incidents and judgements tend to get distorted when you hear them through the grapevine.

@drcongo I expected nothing less than an undignified, thoughtless, dismissive post from you.

• You're welcome. And I expected nothing more than a hypocritical dismissing of someone's opinions as infantile, whilst simultaneously defending someone who thinks it's OK to abuse our players in the street.

• Player v fan, fan v fan, players family v fan.....can we important a wrestling ring, comedy....fight to the death at Barnet and let the rest of us move on.....avoid Barnet ladies and gents

• @HourglassRegular Mr Stokes contravened section 5 of the public order act by his own admission as I've said before he just needs to put on his big boy pants call the club and tell them he'd like to drop the complaint

• @drcongo if you read my original post carefully, I have said there is wrong on both sides, and don't condone swearing or abusing anybody, let alone our own player.

@Morris_Ital I'm aware of this, I don't condone his actions. Simply put, two wrongs don't make a right, and assault by battery is a more serious offence than section 5 public order.

• Just as well Aaron Pierre isn't as famous as Jamie O'Hara
    http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39611754

• Decision time for club and trust now. what does it want to be?

First priority is to get through the barnet game without the situation getting worse. All supporters need to be warned that any inappropriate behaviour (abuse of own players, opposition players , supporters and employees and own supporters) will be met with severe consequences.

Next decision to be made is does the club pander to this rather immature group of supporters or stand up for its values as a decent well run well behaved family club.

Re Pierre, does the club expediantly come down hard on him, given he is unlikely to be their employee in a couple of months time anyway. Throw him to the wolves to appease the yobs. Or do they treat him as any employer should. He has made an isolated mistake under extreme provocation. Its a serious mistake no doubt but an isolated one. Sit him down, inform him that such behaviour cannot be tolerated and that any repeat would have serious consequences. He plays on Monday and the contract offer stays on the table.

Re the yob concerned and his fellow travellers - should they be appeased further, should they be thrown out as most businesses would to customers that abused no doubt severely its employees. Or is there a third way, introduce a clear policy for how the club expects its supporters to behave (see above), call the group in to a grown up discussion about the damage they are causing, explain that they could be a positive asset to the club if they behave appropriately but equally explain that they are on final warning and that any repeat will lead to bans.

I rather agree with Eric plant's post above. Appease the yobs now? Throw Pierre to the wolves? Give them license to continue to abuse all they encounter? I am not sure that is a club ethos I want to be part of. Were I able to be a regular attender, I think that would be the final straw that made me walk away too.

• edited April 2017

@HourglassRegular

Quote: @EwanHoosaami I would suggest that despite this being your opinion, it's unwise to continue adding fuel to the fire by name-calling, rumour spreading and engaging in other infantile behaviour.

It isn't just my opinion though is it, I am part of a majority on here? What rumour am I spreading? What behaviour have I taken that you consider infantile? Do you not consider the historical actions of the protagonist in this event, suicidal character assassination? I will put my hands up to the name calling if you like, however in my opinion, they are names that I associate with his actions, foolish being one.

I believe George may, by APs', (albeit in the eyes of modern law), wrongful reaction, have learned a valuable life lesson, that many of his charming group can also educate themselves on. In future, will George behave likewise to a player again? I believe he may think twice!

By the way, you still haven't told explained what or how loud the words communicated by George were. Still trying to understand how AP heard them through the car window?

• Can someone please classify who this 'group' is please? Is it via association or is it anyone who is under a certain age....I'm actually believing that some posts are now becoming very personal towards this 'group' so for my own purposes, who are they? And how many are they? Their ages? I would hate to be classifI'd with them and banned thanks to the gasroom....can we have gasroom v this group and leave those of us who like football to it?

• Can you explain to me please my historical actions? I'd like specific events because I've hardly been there this season. Genuinely asking as you can't just label everyone who's under 25 and goes to the games as doing the same things.

• I see your point @DevC I think it's outrageous someone who calls himself a Wycombe supporter thinks they can just abuse players in the street but would decent supporters like Eric walking away help the situation
    @HourglassRegular I'm not condoning the alleged actions of AP what I'm pointing out is George has admitted to instigating criminal behaviour and giving him a sensible course of action.

• Well said young stokes, I actually saw an over 60 trying to fight people at one game this season and being ejected.....is he in this 'group'

• edited April 2017

'I had just been to Tesco with my journalist pals to partake of a Curly Wurly to soak up the last of the white wine spritzer I had taken just before the game and decided to use my walk home to practice the shadow puppetry for which my regular spot at the Church Easter Entertainment for disabled local puppies is renowned when one of our players, who I admire and believe to be one of our best, pulled up, leapt out of his car and asked me what I meant? I was confused until I realised that without the benefit of a white screen and a projector my Thames Valley Cockwomble actually resembled a double V sign and an extended middle finger. I could therefore understand why the player, who I admire and believe to be one of our best, might have misinterpreted my hand signals. I smiled and began to explain the situation and this is where I made the mistake of beginning my apology with 'You were ****ing sh** today!' I hold my hands up to this, it was perhaps the wrong way to break the ice but unfortunately before I got on to the disabled puppies/shadow puppetry confusion the player, who I admire, had, as my journalist friends put it, 'applied the nut' to my face, got back in his car and driven off. After the initial shock, we decided to head back to Adams Park, with our bag of curly wurlies, to pour oil on troubled waters and make the club aware of what happened, before anyone contacted the press or put it on social media to cause trouble. They were very understanding, there were handshakes all round and I made it clear as long as they sacked the player, who I admire and had a pretty good game on Saturday, I had no intention to taking it further. Imagine the shock and horror of my journalist friends and I when we got home to find out I had accidentally posted a picture of my bloodied face on Twitter with the caption: 'I'll see you outside anytime you ****!' There has obviously been an unfortunate communication breakdown, I admit I may have, in some small way, contributed to a very bad situation, but I feel this has all been laid to rest now and I have nothing against the player...who I admire as do we all...and unless the Mail ups its offer my local journalist friends and I will be making no further comment. On the bright side I understand Gasroom sign-ups from new users went up significantly in the hours afterwards.'

• @EwanHoosaami It's really difficult to know if you're in the majority. Certainly in terms of those on this forum, yes you are. In real life, who knows. The name calling is what i consider infantile, as I think it doesn't add anything of use or relevance to the discussion of the incident. I'm not totally sure of what historical context you are referring to, could you please elaborate on this?

I agree a lesson has been learnt, hopefully on George's side, but also on Aaron's side too.

It really isn't my place to comment on this, I'll leave it to George.

• I'm with @Morris_Ital and the other voices of moderation here.

For my money, George entirely started this and got the smack his actions and words, on his own account, deserved. It's not at all what I'd have done, but I'm not going to criticise AP for his reaction to base and unseemly behaviour. George made a regrettable situation much worse by publicising the event in the way he did.

I respect George for coming on here and putting up his hands to what he did. A handshake and an expression of mutual remorse would seem to me an ideal resolution and offer the chance for a positive future.

I also agree with the criticism of those that are generalising about matters beyond this specific incident, even if I do feel that this came about because of an apparent tendency among some to assume they have the right to act as they wish towards others. George seems to have realised this as a result of what has happened. I'd be glad if we could all move on and behave with more consideration to each other in the future.

• edited April 2017

• Morris
    Decent supporters like eric must make their own decisions. Much of the joy of being a football supporter is membership of the "tribe". if that tribe no longer espouses Eric's values, he may well decide to walk away. That is his choice.

If through lack of action, the club and the trust condone the actions of the group of supporters who regularly abuse fellow supporters, Wycombe players, opposition supporters, opposition employees, then Eric may well feel that isnt anymore the club he wants to be part of. Were I able to be a regular supporter (I am not, so i no longer count), I have to say I think that would be my conclusion

• edited April 2017

@Wendoverman Brilliant.

• @Wendoverman Agreed: excellent.

• Point of order, I said I'd be inclined not to renew my season ticket, not that I would stop being a supporter

• Dev
    If you were to attend more games you would soon realise that the overwhelming and i mean overwhelming majority of Wycombe supporters are brilliant people as good a bunch as you could hope to meet I admit this is a bit sentimental but underlying it is a fair amount of truth

• Bearing in mind both parties have publically admitted that their conduct constitutes a criminal offence, the simple way to resolve the matter is to ban both parties for the last 4 games of the season.

The Trust should then at the start of next season make it clear that anyone personally abusing players, discharging flares or other offences will be banned for a minimum of 12 months whether they be George and his cronies or 60 year old yobs. This to apply to both home and away games. The Trust of course need to vigorously monitor the regulations they issue and enforcevwhere appropriate. However I have doubts that the Trust Directors will make the effort to do this.

• What exactly do we need to ban people for though, what classes as being bannable

• When they break the law might be a good start!

• edited April 2017

i agree with @HCblue post .... time to move on.... or this will literally go on and on forever, tit for tat posts

• edited April 2017

Well then you might get one or two banned a year who take smoke bombs in.

Get over yourselves gasroom, thinking they're just going to ban everyone from behind the goal who you disagree with, it's embarrassing.

In any walk of life, if you react to verbal insults by headbutting someone, you're in the wrong. Full stop.

He's a public figure representing the club on a match day up the road from the club. It can't just be brushed under the carpet really if they're claiming to be a "family" club.

It's unfortunate but he has to be suspended. If he plays Monday it could lead to some distasteful scenes in the Wycombe end, actually glad I'm not going.

• @wycombelad I wouldn't really want to see anyone banned - we've not got enough suppporters as it is.

But something's got to give. Like it or not, we have a reputation for a decent, well-behaved travelling support but in recent years, that reputation is slipping. Perhaps you don't care, but I suspect quite a few people do.

Getting up the back of the stand and having a good sing and shout is absolutely a good thing. Abusing fellow supporters when you arrive late and stand in front of them isn't.

Relentlessly chanting about that ex-player being 'a cunt' in front of child supporters isn't exactly great either. Stokes' fan club on here keep referring to Aaron Pierre's position as a 'role model'. Could the same not apply to these self-proclaimed superfans and their antics in front of the kids?

Shrieking abuse at our players from the off is an odd one too - although no doubt justified by the tiresome 'pay their wages' line.

Creating an atmosphere can be done without all the excesses that just seem designed to ruin other people's day out. And if Matt Bloomfield is so ecstatic about it all, perhaps he could spend one of his weeks off sitting with the away support to discover how depressing it can be.

If everyone just had a little think about how their behaviour affects fellow supporters and our players, it'd be a much happier ship.

• @username likewise if @georgestokes13 is in attendance on Monday.

• edited April 2017

@M3G said:
    username likewise if georgestokes13 is in attendance on Monday.

Like it or not, only Pierre really has a duty to the club to not be a nobhead.

It's shitty but at the end of the day, every club has idiots who shout abuse outside the ground, and Pierre needed to just ignore it.

If George Stokes is there I'm sure there'll be a few comments, but nothing really as in reality the gasroom is all online mouth and no trousers.

If Pierre plays, then there could be ugly scenes when the inevitable chant goes up about him headbutting a fan and people react.