Skip to content

Aaron Pierre

Comments

• @bigred87 @drcongo good old richie...he knows the FACTS...even if he don't...but give him his due, He keeps them coming.

• The world has returned to normal. An unnecessary spat sorted to most people's satisfaction and a reliably accurate @rmjlondon post. Gives you a nice warm nostalgic feeling. Helped of course by 3 points

• Oh Dicky, when will you ever learn?

• @bigred87 said:
    I knew he would play as soon as rmjlondon said he definitely wouldn't

Haha - nice one.

• Looks like some much calmer heads have taken the sting out of this whole mess.

And all the "definitely last game" "suspended" "sacked" type sentiments look horrifically overblown.
    Which is an ideal result.

• he played cos the lad who was assaulted by him was an absolute bottle job and didn't press charges for assualt which Im very sure AP is glad about.

• When you say "bottle job", you mean "sensible".

Bearing in mind reporting him would bring himself open to questioning about his actions, have half the support base hate him, mess the team up at a crucial stage, and for a minimal action possibly get AP into severe doings.

• "he played cos the lad who was assaulted by him was an absolute bottle job and didn't press charges for assualt which Im very sure AP is glad about."

@bill_stickers My guess would be never

• @rmjlondon said:
    he played cos the lad who was assaulted by him was an absolute bottle job and didn't press charges for assualt which Im very sure AP is glad about.

More FACTS from Richie. DOFL.

• I happened to end up among George's lot this afternoon when they came in. There was considerable ill-feeling and an amount of booing of AP from them, which receded gradually over the course of the game, though the ill-feeling remained to the extent that a couple went down to pitchside at the end to express criticism of AP. Barry Richardson intervened and, as I left, was talking, calmly, with them. Some of the young crew moved away to the edges at the beginning of the game, expressing distaste for it. When the booing first started, I intervened loudly to speak against it and to encourage a spirit of unity. I subsequently had three or four productive conversations with different people, all with differing views, some of which were very different to mine. I understand that views differ on this. Though the booing was odious to me, I did not feel threatened by those with whom I spoke individually and I acknowledge that their perspective is simply different to mine.

There was also some hostility expressed to the Gasroom. This seems equally counter-productive and wrong-headed, but respect is a two-way street and I suggest that some of us on here have a duty to be rather less disparaging to those like @Insider who I have to say I find to have written in fairly balanced terms, even if his and my idea of the correct resolution is different. Continuing to question whether this even happened is unhelpful, and unnecessary.

The game, by the way, was odd. Bit like Friday but in reverse, except that Barnet played some delightfully fluid football while dominating us in the second half.

• Careful now @HCblue, no nuance allowed on the internet.

• @drcongo Words like nuance should not even be allowed really, in the interests of proper uninformed discussion.

• Hopefully they've booed themselves out and it's done and dealt with by the next game.

A must win game against the division's stand out team will need all the positive support we can muster!

• @HCblue Best paragraph out of all 16 pages. We are all different in many ways but we have one thing in common.

There seems to be far too much bigotry on here and the FB group.

Also, there seems to be a fair amount of negative voices and generalisation of groups to other groups.

3 points, AP played, it's all smoothed over hopefully and this saturday another 3 points and the playoffs is back on.

• Some of our fans are a disgrace to the club, Pierre literally headbutted someone. its a criminal offence... how hard is it for people to understand that. Yes both parties are arguably in the wrong but you cant tolerate what Pierre did.

• @whitenight you're right, some fans are a disgrace. Particularly as both parties have kissed and made up, put it in the past and moved on. Yet some others can't let it go. Have you never made a mistake?

• lol ... another one of his mates

• A mistake where i ended up breaking the law? no.

• George has withdrawn his complaint to the police, so why don't you drop it too?

• Rather hard to believe that anyone has never made a mistake that has involved a minor breach of the law. Never speeded? Never been drunk and disorderly? never driven without due care and attention? never breached the peace? Never dropped litter? Hard to believe.

• @DevC said:
    Rather hard to believe that anyone has never made a mistake that has involved a minor breach of the law. Never speeded? Never been drunk and disorderly? never driven without due care and attention? never breached the peace? Never dropped litter? Hard to believe.

There's a difference between an accident and a mistake.

• There is. Each of the examples I gave and Mr Pierre's actions on Friday, with severe provocation, would amount to a relatively minor breach of the law. Each would be a mistake. None would be an accident.

• @DevC said:
    There is. Each of the examples I gave and Mr Pierre's actions on Friday, with severe provocation, would amount to a relatively minor breach of the law. Each would be a mistake. None would be an accident.

Rubbish, there's a difference between absent mindedly drifting over the speed limit and making the conscious decision to headbutt someone. If George had pressed charges AP would have been in real trouble. Fortunately it's not come to that.

• I very much doubt he would. I am sure the police would take the view that this was a minor physical confrontation between two young men who were both knobheads on the day and have both learnt a lesson.

The police have better things to do than get involved with this, like clearing up the aftermath of road accidents caused by knobheads casually speeding.

• That is total garbage DevC and you know it.

• @Username Honestly, George stood to lose as well if the police had continued to be involved:

Section 5, Public Order Act 1986

Harassment, alarm or distress.

(1)A person is guilty of an offence if he—

(a)uses threatening [F5or abusive] words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour, or

(b)displays any writing, sign or other visible representation which is threatening [F5or abusive],

within the hearing or sight of a person likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress thereby.
    (2)An offence under this section may be committed in a public or a private place, except that no offence is committed where the words or behaviour are used, or the writing, sign or other visible representation is displayed, by a person inside a dwelling and the other person is also inside that or another dwelling.

(3)It is a defence for the accused to prove—

(a)that he had no reason to believe that there was any person within hearing or sight who was likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress, or

(b)that he was inside a dwelling and had no reason to believe that the words or behaviour used, or the writing, sign or other visible representation displayed, would be heard or seen by a person outside that or any other dwelling, or

(c)that his conduct was reasonable.

(4)F6. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

(5)F6. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

(6)A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 3 on the standard scale.

As I think we all agree, best for all concerned if it's put to bed.

• @HCblue said:
    Username Honestly, George stood to lose as well if the police had continued to be involved:

Section 5, Public Order Act 1986

Harassment, alarm or distress.

(1)A person is guilty of an offence if he—

(a)uses threatening [F5or abusive] words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour, or

(b)displays any writing, sign or other visible representation which is threatening [F5or abusive],

within the hearing or sight of a person likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress thereby.
    (2)An offence under this section may be committed in a public or a private place, except that no offence is committed where the words or behaviour are used, or the writing, sign or other visible representation is displayed, by a person inside a dwelling and the other person is also inside that or another dwelling.

(3)It is a defence for the accused to prove—

(a)that he had no reason to believe that there was any person within hearing or sight who was likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress, or

(b)that he was inside a dwelling and had no reason to believe that the words or behaviour used, or the writing, sign or other visible representation displayed, would be heard or seen by a person outside that or any other dwelling, or

(c)that his conduct was reasonable.

(4)F6. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

(5)F6. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

(6)A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 3 on the standard scale.

As I think we all agree, best for all concerned if it's put to bed.

I'm sure George could have been in some trouble too, but AP would have committed the more serious offence, there's no way he could have pleaded self defence when he got out of a moving vehicle to confront him. Both were in the wrong.

What DevC has written isn't even worth replying to it's so obviously fishing.

• The median IQ of this site has dropped drastically in the last few days.

• @drcongo said:
    The median IQ of this site has dropped drastically in the last few days.

"If you don't agree with me you're an idiot"

• Time to close this thread maybe?