Skip to content

Aaron Pierre

Comments

• Last sentence, absolutely not, but neither does goading the players inside & outside of AP.

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Last sentence, absolutely not, but neither does goading the players inside & outside of AP.

Agreed

• Do we think sido can do a job on akinde.........I no size wise it's not a match, but if he sticks to him he can match him for pace and on the occasions he does get away take a yellow.......obviously this if pierre doesn't play

• AP just got off the team bus at Barnet.

• @NewburyWanderer said:
    AP just got off the team bus at Barnet.

Any sign of George?

• I'll keep them peeled.

• If the complaint is dropped there should not be any more to do with it. Common sense hopefully has won the day.

• And that's where it ends

• Best result, lessons learned all round.

• Bloody hell, I go away for three days and all hell breaks out. It's just taken me an entire morning to wade through all the conjecture and opinions here. Hopefully the above statement means things are resolved and everyone can move on, both player and "supporter".

• excellent ! lets move on ...... and hopefully pass the ball, use wingers, score goals etc etc

• As good a resolution as could be expected.

• Can Pierre's punishment be to sign a new three year deal?

• So Pierre starts. Good; he should always be first name on the team sheet when fit.

• Well done WWFC.

• Firstly, WWFC have dealt extremely well with what could have been a PR disaster.

Secondly, you lot on here epitomise grumpy old miserable moaners. Have heard from plenty of different sources, both from within the club and someone who was part of the group in Tesco (not the lad who got headbutted). How can people possibly say he was not headbutted? 'There was contact made'... right so yes called a headbutt. There was no goading of AP, a conversation was about the poor performance of all the team and pierres name was mentioned in a negative light. Someone who knew AP overhead and AP got out his car when told/or was in tesco and overheard, and asked him what he said about his performance. Headbutt .... both parties went to AP and BR and Bloomfield were very understanding. All george wanted was an apology for an assault and didnt get one.

Tweeting it was poor and the choice of words was obviously poor under the circumstances but how can people on here possibly defend AP? Beyond me.

Wouldn't care if it was messi or ronaldo, you cannot possibly assault a paying fan. Or anyone for that matter.

Go enjoy the game you miserable sad lot on gasroom.

• @Username three or four people saying the same thing is certainly not mass collusion. It's called 'getting your story straight' innit? @Insider I'm not sure the majority doubt there was an altercation and an assault...but we are allowed to doubt the story of the drunk who started it and pasted it all over twitter and his mates and their mates (who it seems also were not there) who seem to think just because they write it down like what they were told by people who were pissed and have now realised they may have dropped a social media bollock that should settle the matter. Didn't poor George put a post on Twitter suggesting some afters? The point of a football forum is for people to have an opinion and a view...we all got them so you also enjoy the game happy, jolly, very unsad lot NOT on the Gasroom. Hope Pierre nuts us a hat-trick

• @insider Get a life or get back to the under twelves on facebook. Or just accept that people have an opinion and that is what a forum is for, to express that opinion. Be a bit shit if we all had the same opinion wouldn't it?

• @Insider oh ffs, give it a rest you odious toad. The club have released a statement, from the information within both parties have met, shaken hands and we move on. As GS has issued his apology and withdrawn his complaints even I am prepared to let the matter rest on the back burner. BTW I will enjoy the game and probably more so in light of your perceived absence.?

• @Insider that doesn't sound like what was described in the club statement - 'strong provocation'. But it hardly matters now, it's done with.

• edited April 2017

• Yeah i get the provocation bit, but the club would come to his defence, its suicide for them if they let a player, who they've offered multiple contracts to and want to keep, be shone in a negative light. Hence why he wasn't named and there was minimal press coverage of the story.

"Get a life or get back to the under twelves on facebook" .. Mature. 'Drunk fans', sounding awfully like a story from a certain tabloid in 1989.

GS was not 'drunk' or being rowdy or being extremely provoking, a comment was overheard by someone who knows AP and if AP was actually in tesco and heard it is unconfirmed.

Anyway we're 1-0 and I'm having a great day at the hive. Maybe i might get 'drunk'.. but then again that is extremely irresponsible and not recommended at a family club like ours.

• M3GM3G
    edited April 2017

@insider We have 15 pages of the story. No need to keep repeating it.

• @Insider Your description of the events differs from that written by GS on here so I'll take his version thanks all the same.

• @Insider Hopefully three points today. As a point of interest have the true fans risen up against AP as predicted?

• @Insider. Isn't it about time you grew up?

• I knew he would play as soon as @rmjlondon said he definitely wouldn't

• The wisest words @bigred87 has ever written.