Skip to content

Match day thread: Leyton Orient

Comments

• @micra Surely it's just an error (hypercorrection?) for "help".

@Username You've spent an awful lot of time on this thread defending the indefensible. It may be that some of those attacking the behaviour have lapsed into hyperbole. But the amount of effort you have put into defending something which is illegal, inconsiderate and (particularly in a wooden stand) dangerous seems to me extraordinary.

• @Username - I assume you are not bothered if our club gets a heavy fine from the Football League as a result of its supporters discharging flares?

• edited April 2017

@mooneyman I'm sure if we tell the FL not to get hysterical about a bit of fun that people could have moved away from if they didn't like the over-excited fifty year old youngsters who were providing atmosphere, they will let it go.

• Is that not what the 500 club is for....pating for moronic behaviour

• @wycombelad you may fool some of the posters here but you don't fool me. Your faux outrage every time anyone mentions yobbery and your silence at all other times, not to mention your range of vocabulary, which better fits the profile of the Facebook posters, make it pretty obvious you're a kid on a wind up.

• edited April 2017

@mooneyman said:
    Username - I assume you are not bothered if our club gets a heavy fine from the Football League as a result of its supporters discharging flares?

I'd be annoyed if it happened again after if the club came out and said the fine was significant enough to affect playing budget yes.

Having held a smoke bomb in a (gloved) hand paintballing, I'm doubtful they're anywhere near as dangerous as being made out, or as a flare which people seem to upgrade any smoke bomb to on here. I wouldn't be comfortable being near a flare, wooden stand or otherwise.

• Shows how much of a non event the game was that this is the main topic here....

• The smoke bomb or flare thrower is an idiot regardless of age or what group they stand with.lets not tarnish entire groups with the actions of one simple fool.

More obvious on Saturday was the atrocious behaviour of a small group of young to middle aged fans among us,maybe a family? Dark hair women (ladies too good a term) and a lad with them who was puffing his chest up like a wet penguin trying to boss a walrus having spent much of the match throwing absolute gutter abuse at one of our own players wil de havilland. He was Very big and brave yelling drivel that would embarrass even the lowest rovers fan into retirement. A lad approached them claiming to be the player in questions brother and when confronted with an actual real person asking them to back up their obnoxious ranting , the lads bolllcks shrank even smaller than they first appeared and maybe even went internal as his face washed of all colour. His fat bottomed girl rough head bikie chick wannabe missus looked around for support in the absence of anything worthy from her fella and was greeted with stares of "sod off you're an embarrassment" by those around her .

Well in to the players family for asking the question and calling out a couple of idiots that we've all had enough of home and away

• @marlowchair said:
    The smoke bomb or flare thrower is an idiot regardless of age or what group they stand with.lets not tarnish entire groups with the actions of one simple fool.

More obvious on Saturday was the atrocious behaviour of a small group of young to middle aged fans among us,maybe a family? Dark hair women (ladies too good a term) and a lad with them who was puffing his chest up like a wet penguin trying to boss a walrus having spent much of the match throwing absolute gutter abuse at one of our own players wil de havilland. He was Very big and brave yelling drivel that would embarrass even the lowest rovers fan into retirement. A lad approached them claiming to be the player in questions brother and when confronted with an actual real person asking them to back up their obnoxious ranting , the lads bolllcks shrank even smaller than they first appeared and maybe even went internal as his face washed of all colour. His fat bottomed girl rough head bikie chick wannabe missus looked around for support in the absence of anything worthy from her fella and was greeted with stares of "sod off you're an embarrassment" by those around her .

Well in to the players family for asking the question and calling out a couple of idiots that we've all had enough of home and away

Was that down the front in the second half? Saw the police/stewards talking to a couple people but no obvious reason.

• @marlowchair I was not close to the said incident but I do accuse you of total hypocrisy, coming on an Internet forum and slating a ladies appearance, acasually lacks balls in my eyes. Fair enough to share the incident and say what happened but to get rather personal behind an Internet forum is very embarassing.
    Maybe next time share your views on the lady with her and her family.....I see absolutely no reason for this level of personal abuse about the way somebody looks

• Wycombelad i totally agree.

• @wycombelad @brittanywanderer not sure what the hypocisy is. He might have been insulting but unless @marlowchair is actually a fat bottomed girl rough head bikie chick who was causing trouble himself it's not hypocrisy.

• @Wendoverman I think it's clear. He accuses these people of shouting 'absolute gutter abuse,' then uses absolute gutter abuse.

• I apologise as the Fat Bottomed girl reverence was about the fat bottomed girl style of rocker chick queen sang about not a direct inference of the persons appearance.

The way she was behaving there's no need to refer to any physical attributes for it was ugly in any frame

• @marlowchair not sure that helped your case.

• edited April 2017

Sorry @LX1 it just looked like a bit of deflection from the actual point he was making. There seem to be a lot of people who were 'nowhere near' any unsavoury incidents...but seem to want everyone to stop moaning about them.
    'I was nowhere near the event where the goggle-eyed man you describe bottled three people...but I think it's disgusting you refer to his eye problem, he may have a condition or have forgotten his glasses, you cyberbully!'

• I think what these guys are alluding to @marlowchair , is that you'll have to be more specific if you're pointing out fat bottomed Wycombe fans ;-)

In seriousness though, our pal WDHs brother ticked me off for suggesting he's not got near the power of our main centre backs. So I'm not surprised he felt moved to stop people making what sounds much more personal abusive comments.

Fair play to the chap. Must be horrible being a player's relation amongst a mob of goons. I don't just mean ours, I mean any crowd.

• Exactly,here we have someone trying to argue that "fat bottomed girl bikie wannabe " is gutter trash talk the equal of the unrepeatable C bombs and comments coming from the mouth of the poor damsel they are trying to defend .

Nice try however they know who they are,the players family and now the players know who they are ( according to social media) and it was discraceful behaviour.

That's the point I was making so don't deflect the issue.compared to one idiot

• Absolutely Malone good point

• @Malone for the last time...I'm just big boned.

• Don't tell me, "it's me oormoans init".

• What does this....the players know who they are part mean? Surely supporters are now not advocating a player v fan dispute?

• No @wycombelad if anything I think supporters are advocating a hormonal fat supporters v flares dispute

• @Wendoverman I think it is @marlowchair who has deflected from his own point by being (clearly) hypocritical.

I'm not sure what a 'rough head' is but highlighting someone is a 'biker girl' is unnecessary. I hope more biker girls choose to attend WWFC in future. Would it be different if the dog's abuse was coming from an immaculately dressed 55 year old with an MCC tie and a public school accent?

• Well said @LX1

• @LX1 Only @marlowchair knows if he was privately educated and wearing his blazer and MCC tie at the game, so I cannot comment. He's described someone in terms you don't like...okay...but it does not seem that he actually shouted any 'dog's abuse' at the lady in question. It seems that description in a post (admittedly unflattering) is an issue that bothers you and @wycombelad far far more than the actual abuse she and others were apparently shouting at wycombe players? (I also have no idea what a rough head is and hope biker girls will not be deterred from attending Adams Park...although surely you would not want a biker girl to turn up and shout abuse at the players, would ye?)

• @LX1 Just leave me out of this.

• Pimms o'clock @Cyclops ?

• @Wenoverman I wasn't attempting to describe marlowchair, I don't know him.

I wouldn't want anyone to turn up and do that, whoever they were, that's the point. I can't comment on the incident as I wasn't there. I'm not @DevC!

• Is this the worst match day thread ever?