Skip to content

Tottenham priority ticketing structure

Comments

• @ChasHarps If I was involved in any official capacity with the club or trust I would resign immediately as a matter of principle.

• Indeed: unacceptable.

• When I bought my ticket in window 2 they asked me if I'd bought one already! Could it be that they weren't recording who was buying in windows one and two and therefore couldn't police the buying of an extra ticket so just changed the wording???

• That really would be a shambles Rob, but im not sure it can be ruled out at this point.

• @arnos_grove said:
    DJWYC14 cheers for your efforts as always, but someone will need to explain this nonsense once the dust settles. It's fine to incentivise ST sales, 500 Club, Share Scheme etc, because that's about financial survival, but coming up with a very complicated selling structure and then changing it via social media and website is hugely out of order.

As an example, my mum and her mates are ST holders. If I'd not contacted her this evening there's no way she'd have known anything about this change of position.

As someone has mentioned above, this now means that ST holders are heading back in (to their surprise) and getting additional tickets. In real life cases I know of, these tickets are going to people they know who weren't hugely bothered about going 'but might as well if there are some spares going'. As I mentioned above, I know a confirmed Spurs attendee who has not set foot inside AP in their life. Their one and only game, the play-off final against Southend. That cannot be right when there are even regular supporters hanging on for ever decreasing scraps.

The staff at the club do a top job when the chips are down and I'm in no way having a go at them. But someone in the upper ranks has made a definite decision to amend the rules of this sale and that is unacceptable.

I know that quite a few season ticket holders are buying extra tickets for people who attend lots of games but aren't season ticket holders and who would otherwise be waiting until window 4, which I think is fair enough...

• Im not gonna call for anyone to resign, but at least Dale has had the bottle to come on and distance himself from this farce. The normally vocal Alan Cecil has yet to offer any explaination.

• edited January 2017

Window 4 is a free for all across all channels including online and four tickets each will last all of five minutes. Disgrace really. Can't blame the chairman though as I believe he is away.

• I wonder if @Rob has hit on the reason. What's the saying? Never blame malice when incompetence is just as likely.

• Not quite sure how the club has managed to take something so positive and upset so many with shambolic communication and procedures. Ticket allocations seems to be a real blind spot and messing it up quickly turns excitement to anger. Hopefully someone will leave the bunker to explain soon.

• I think you guys should calm dowe and be fair on @DJWYC14 and @AlanCecil, these guys at least take the time out to try and converse with fans and offer additional information when they can....don't shoot the messenger, and don't critics them about a policy which was clear and then changed. I'd prefer to have people who at least try to help the fans than make people scared to converse with us

• edited January 2017

@wycombelad but @AlanCecil said he'd come back to us yesterday but didn't. Let's see how @DJWYC14 performs under pressure.

• Maybe he had other things to do today rather than check the Gasroom. God forbid.

• edited January 2017

@fromtheside He said: I am around but cannot clarify without reference to club staff who may be taking the rest of the weekend off as entitled. I will try to let you know what i hear though any clarification may be announced by the club itself first via official channels.................... I guess official channels is a reply to Chris on Twitter. Poor!

• Maybe he is seeking get clarity before responding as the poor guy is on a hiding get to nothing.

• No one should blame @AlanCecil or @DJWYC14 but I can't see at this point that anyone has.

• Correct @floyd not blaming Alan or Dale but when they hold the eventual stewards enquiry when the boss gets back I would hope we find out who made these most hateful decisions.

• There is only two options here, either
    A) the initial comes were poor and remained unchacked until they realised
    B) shift in policy

• I must admit my first thoughts were similar to @Rob - I would usually rate our incompetence above our deception (at least since Hayes left). But if that was the case why say anything? Probably no-one who bought a ticket in Windows 1&2 would have gone back thinking they may be able to buy more.

My guess would be it was a panic response to a couple of days of slow selling - which anyone who knows anything about us could have predicted, which is a little worrying

• I'm not sure anyone is blaming anyone but it is quite telling that once a promise to report back is made it drifts away once the bunker door is closed. I'm not actually that sure that many would be that annoyed if the truth about the change was explained fully.

It's just the change and the silence that is so frustrating.

• Just who is making these off the cuff decisions? Obviously not the chairman as he is away.

• @Onlooker Could it be the new commercial manager thingy person?

• I doubt it @EwanHoosaami - he has only just started and surely doesn't yet command the respect that these decisions (however rogue they appear) would require. Come on @DJWYC14 and @AlanCecil - this is an all time record gasroom thread - who is going to be man enough to break ranks and spill the beans to us all here? Name?

• @Onlooker it doesn't matter if the GM has been in the job 5 minutes, these are his decisions to make. You're very keen to absolve AH aren't you? Is he somewhere they don't have telephones?

• @floyd I saw a couple of tweets from him on Saturday so I guess he could have extended his iron fist via wifi?

• To be fair do you all have tickets? The ones who should be asking the question will be those who miss out, whiche withouthe doubt will be due to policy change

• Whilst this is indeed a farce that quickly needs mopping up / an apology, you really are being ridiculous @Onlooker.

• Sure @Brownie an apology will do it.

• Reading through these many pages of gripes and intrigue it seems as though wwfc and the Trust need to put in place a system that echos the Charter and is unshakable so everyone knows how tickets will be allocated in the future for any amount of away allocation.

But then again where is the drama in that?

• I don't think there's any need for people to have a pop at @AlanCecil or @DJWYC14 - they're not full-time club spokespeople. But this change of policy does need explaining and I'll be disappointed if it's brushed aside along with an insinuation that people should not complain and take their medicine. I very much suspect that @Rob has hit the nail on the head - cock up rather than conspiracy.

Today's comms from the club have been evasive and deliberately so - that can be seen from a mile off. That's very disappointing from a supporter owned club.

• @NorsQuarters I don't think the chairman will agree to that!