Skip to content

Tottenham!

Comments

• Dev, it's one of the ties it's the round, whether you're emotionally invested or not

Personally, I think it's a cert to be televised. I'll have a little £5 charity bet with you if you like

• Season ticket holders should always get first dibs for ticket to games like this as they have made a commitment to the club by purchasing a season ticket, its one of the perks to having one.

• You are on, Eric. £5 to a charity of winners choice.

I hope you win the bet, but I believe there are four TV matches and I see MU-wigan, Derby-Leics, chel-Brent, Oxf-Ncl, Wim-Leeds, Soton-Ars, Mill-Wat, and CP/Bol-MC as more likely candidates. Time will tell.

• Quite telling that radio 5 chose to speak to Gaz at half time in last night's game I think

Plus that footage of the players celebrating the draw is popping up everywhere

• We'll see. I hope you are right. Is bet on?

• Yes it is

I'd actually like to be wrong. I'd much rather it be at 3 o'clock on the Saturday

• Like a proper real FA Cup tie should be.......!

• Given Spurs are playing on the following Tuesday, I expect the game to be the Friday night televised game if it is on TV

• These are all the Prem games on that Tuesday

Tuesday 31st January 2017
    Arsenal v Watford 19:45
    Bournemouth v Crystal Palace 19:45
    Burnley v Leicester City 19:45
    Middlesbrough v West Bromwich Albion 19:45
    Sunderland v Tottenham Hotspur 19:45
    Swansea City v Southampton 19:45
    Liverpool v Chelsea 20:00

• somebody wil be playing Sunday - Tuesday then.

• Ok, I didn't check all fixtures. I guess Sunday's live game will be a non PL affair then as the FA won't want to upset them

• Even if they take this into account, room for both the Man U and Man c games to be on Sunday. Monday night game might be a little harder to fit in though.

• No one will play on Sunday and Tuesday, Man U will play Sunday because they have a game the Thursday before and Man City will play Sunday to be on telly. Man U will likely be on telly too. Any other cup games moved to Sunday will be EFL teams (the Leeds or Newcastle/Birmingham ties seem favourite)

• leaves us on Friday night slot I reckon, lets hope so as many won't be able to attend.

• @Pete , giant killing? It'd certainly be that! But they cruised to a stroll of a win v Villa with heavily rotated team, so it'd have to be a once in a lifetime performance for us win!

That's the spirit eh! Come the day i'll be hoping!
    I'm still gutted the Doc did that stupid backpass away at Chelsea when it was 0-0!

• So predictions for TV games:

Friday: Southampton/Norwich v Arsenal
    Sunday: Man U v Wigan, CP/Bolton v Man C
    Mon: Sutton/Wimbledon v Leeds

• had we been at home would have been a certain TV game.

• They all look likely candidates but I'd expect at least one game on the Saturday too. Leicester at Derby perhaps? Chelsea v Brentford?

• First story of the round...@ericplant and DevC have a bet they would both like to lose

• I for one would love it to be televised as it increases my chances of getting a ticket.

• @Malone I'm with you on Doc giving the ball away at Stamford Bridge. Every now and then I still get a nightmarish flash back of that one! If only...

• @bill_stickers said:
    I for one would love it to be televised as it increases my chances of getting a ticket.

Good point that!

• Televised or not we will sell out the allocation. I hope we get the Friday night slot personally.

• eek I hadn't realised they also do two Saturday live games. Erics bet looks more likely now, but I think I would still better on Oxford-Newcastle, Derby Leicester or Chelsea-Brentford.

• I'd think Derby V Leicester would be a shoe in for live coverage, I'd think Arsenal's trip to either Southampton or Norwich. I'd be surprised if Oxford are chosen, as Newcastle still have a replay with Birmingham to negotiate. I'd think we have a 50/50 chance depending on how many live matches are shown. It was 6 in the 3rd round, or 7 if you include the live game on BBC Wales.

• @rmjlondon said:
    leaves us on Friday night slot I reckon, lets hope so as many won't be able to attend.

What do you mean?

• edited January 2017

There seemed a lot of optimism yesterday regarding a tv game. I don't see it at all myself.

Tottenham aren't the United/Liverpool/Chelsea level of club/interest, and it's not anywhere near strong upset material.
    In fact, i'm struggling to see what it would have to offer for anyone outside the two clubs.
    I think people have sort of forgotten that Villa are a huge club with arguably an even higher history than Tottenham, rather than just "a non prem team", and sort of chucked us in with Villa.

• There's a bit in Nick Hornby's 'Fever Pitch' about the arrival of marajuana culture on the terraces, but I'm not old enough to understand what you mean by 'a higher history' @Malone?

• If we were chosen for the Friday night game, then I think it's vital we win tonight at Blackpool. A long journey down to Exeter for an important league game on the Tuesday beforehand would not be ideal preparation.

• @LX1 , if you'd heard the chants from both the Chelsea, and Villa games recently, you'd have understood.

"Champions of Europe, you'll never sing that"