Skip to content

Bournemouth offer for Ibe

1234568»

Comments

• @SurreyWanderer are you able to enlighten us to any specifics of the payments? Is it mostly in installments, up front etc.?

• Thanks for the update but it's a bit short on actual fact isn't it? Either needs a bit more flesh on the ones or kept to yourself.

• Almost fell off my chair reading that insight above.
    complicated deal that took time to arrange! Hold the news!

• My worry is that Liverpool will have far more experienced lawyers and financial people than us.

• M3GM3G
    edited September 2016

Well I am just glad its apparently done and hopefully dusted.

• I'm with Mooney and worry about highly paid lawyers running rings around us. Hopefully I'm wrong and hopefully the original agreement was well drafted and water-tight.

• I suspect that the original statement from the board about ongoing discussions means that we may have shot ourselves in the foot, why else would they come out and make that statement if the contract was water right and crystal clear. Lump sum or instalments, either way it should be pretty cut and dry, I suspect however that is not the case and the club have messed up big time.

• Why not just take them at their word that everything is going smoothly, but there is a confidentiality agreement in place? At least until there is evidence otherwise.

• With everything that's going on at the moment, I hope that Liverpool haven't discovered a breach of any 3rd party ownership rules in the terms of the Ibe sell on arrangement. What with our previous brush with the rules in a deal brokered by our previous owner,
    could someone put my mind at rest please.

• The club's continued silence on this - over 2 months after the Ibe sale went through - beyond "it's all in hand / negotiations are on-going" suggests things have gone far from smoothly, or Liverpool are somehow trying to avoid paying up. I'd love to be proved wrong.

• Latest from the Trust :

After working for a few months now to secure our sell on share of Jordon's transfer from Liverpool to Bournemouth, the Club directors are finally making very real progress.

As we have previously said, we have been limited in the information ‎we can give out because of very stringent confidentiality clauses in the various contracts.

Whilst this problem remains, we expect to be able to give an update at the AGM on Wednesday 30 November and you have my assurance we will say as much as we possibly can.

I appreciate the lack of information has been frustrating ‎- it has been frustrating for us as well - but equally I know you wouldn't have wanted us to do anything that could have jeopardised the Club's position.

Updates will be provided shortly after the AGM for those of you unable to attend.

Enjoy your weekend and let's hope for three points.

• While obviously we would like the full details, confidentiality clauses may prevent this.

Obviously effect on club debt is very important in the medium and long term, but arguably the most important question in the short term is whether the receipt of Ibe money is expected to allow the playing budget to be materially increased in January and/or for next season.

If not specifically answered in the AG presentation, could I respectfully ask someone to ask that question.

• Probably also very important to a certain Steve Hayes!

• I think people's concerns we have been royally shafted here are well-founded from previous experience. But equally, I think people (myself included) got a bit too excited about the potential windfall.

Whatever the amount is, if it's under £2.5 million, expect the usual suspects to come on here and spout negative bollocks.

• Didn't someone at the last meeting, report back that while exact figures weren't reported, it was way less than the reported figures in the press? (the £2m type quotes)?

• I assume that we have received interim payments based on 1st team starts and England call up.All of these may well be taken from %age sell on clauses. I don't know but could be a reasonable assumption.