Skip to content

Bournemouth offer for Ibe

Comments

• I am "hung up" on the Hause move. I would have thought it may well happen either this summer or next. Young very promising Englishman, playing for the national age group team and with a reasonable amount of championship experience Were it not for the size of the Ibe transfer, we would be getting very excited indeed if of course we have a sell-on (say he sold for £8m, a 15% sell on would be worth in excess of £1m - massive at our level).

Not sure the club has run out of golden geese, Ingram has potential to step up, Pierre may go on to better things via a League 1 side, maybe Rowe too. Doesn't look like Harris will go forwards sadly. By its nature we cant expect one every year.

it would of course be nice to have a youth team. Whether it makes sense financially or whether we are better off taking higher level rejects with potential and polishing the rough diamonds is a whole other debate.

• Does anyone know how much is owed to each of the parties that is not Steve Hayes?

• "I am "hung up" on the Hause move."

They do say a Hause move is very stressful Dev.

• Sorry, that was appalling. Apologies.

Anway, I agree with you Dev. I think Hause will make the step up either this season or the next. I also agree re: Ingram and Pierre although probably too soon to say what the future holds for Rowe.

Yes, it was sad to see the last of Dobbo's 'Golden Generation' move away from the club, but it's also something we can take great pride in and hopefully the three players listed above will make us a bit more cash in the near future.

Hopefully one day we will reinstate the youth system, but only when we can definitely afford the money to do so.

• Well I would have liked to respond with Hause about to join a club named "street" - our hause in the middle for the street - but couldn't think of one sadly, Chester-Le-Street FC not really of a high enough standard and Bradford park Avenue really doesn't work at all......

Definitely upwardly mobile though is Mr Hause - soon to be A Villa?

• Ebbsfleet?

• Or a Palace?

• @drcongo Here's the info as published at last November's Trust AGM. See PowerPoint attachment, slide 12.

http://www.wycombewandererstrust.com/2015/11/communication-from-nov-2015-trust-agm

• Thanks for that Che

Obviously things will have moved in in last year (they were figures from June 15) but ASSUMING we have borrowed no more but paid back some to Hayes and bits of brewery loan, loans now might be in order of (000s)

Hayes 1300
    Chairboy funders 450
    Brewery 180
    Lawyers 60

Total External 1990

Kane/Beeks/Howard - short term 290
    Kane/Beeks/Hward - long term 550

Total Internal 840

Total 2830

So with the money apparently due in from Ibe transfer, we could pay back all external debts and possibly have £200-£300k left over.

If Kane/Beeks/Howard agree we could keep that to cover costs for the next year or two or pay back them most or all of their short term debts.

Their longterm debt will have to wait for another one-off (Hause £8m, 15% sell on?) which if he sold would hopefully leave the club debt free with £300k to £500k in the bank.

• Dev, you were valuing Hause at around £15M the other day, what's happened since to make his value drop so much?

• I'm not good with figures but if we pay off the brewery loan does that free us from an obligation to stock Greene King's piss-water?

I realise this is not the key issue.

• To be honest I find it hard to guess transfer fees these days. Ordinary players seem to go for ridiculous amounts. So with little to go on, for a current age group 20ish English player with significant championship experience, albeit a defensive rather than attacking player (the latter tending to be higher) I would have guessed 10m-12m.
    But you told me the other day that it would be more like 8m and as ever I take your word as gospel so I have to assume £8m and not a penny more it will be.

• I said no such thing!

I said nowhere near £15M

• ah my mistake. must have read something elsewhere. your guess is?

• The only report that even vaguely suggests Hause could be on his way was suggesting £6m, which still sounds pretty high to me.

• My guess is he will stay at Wolves for now

• Even so this will cut our budgeted costs substantially in the repayments and interest alone. Perfect timing for the new season! Any ideas on how long before a) the football club know for certain a figure from LFC, b) they redraft the budget or let us know how much and how the funds are to be used or c) when it all takes effect; saw thoughts on end of August for this last one.

• b) I suspect that they will never let us know how much we get

• I agree Eric. We'll have to do the maths next time we see some accounts.
    What will be interesting is how much longer Ainsworth mentions the poverty card.

• Only thing that matters to Ainsworth is the playing budget. No reason to believe that this will increase as a result of Ibe sale. If not, he would be as entitled to mention the "poverty card" now as he would have been pre-Ibe sale.

• We'll see with Hause. 50-50 whether he goes this season or next for me.

• Highlights of Ibe's first game for Bournemouth, including the greatest own goal I've ever seen.

• Sign him up.

• Love the OG it was Gary Sprake like from the early 70's.

• Do not speculate until we hear from our club ! Chances are they won't tell.

• have to wait a year or so until the accounts come out, and do some calculated guesswork I expect

• I have some info from a reliable source not connected to Wycombe but who is directly involved in arranging finance for a lot of large sports deals, and said his biggest nightmare this summer has been sorting out the Ibe deal between Wycombe, Bournemouth and Liverpool. I understand it has all been sorted out now, but negotiations have only just concluded.

Therefore it is fair to say the reason why the club have not been able to release further details up to now, is because they don't know the details themselves.

• Are you suggesting the club were NOT keeeping it kept secret just to wind up the expert legal and financial department of Gasroom? What sort of fan owned club is this? I may never pay not to be duped like this ever again.

• Kerplop it kept secret?

• Or even keeping it kept secret. Odd terminology. @Malone - I'm trolling again.