Skip to content

Bournemouth offer for Ibe

Comments

• well football manager which alot of the game is done on real football you pay a fee and the sell fee is extra

• Oh Trevor...

• This could be one of the most important days in our club's history.

C'mon Jordon, sign on the dotted line!

• @trevor said:
    well football manager which alot of the game is done on real football you pay a fee and the sell fee is extra

Final proof that Trevor is a parody account.

• I'm not even convinced that's true about FM, I'm fairly sure you can structure sell on fees with a profit element.

• You can, there are two different sell on clause options.

• @Uncle_T , why on earth are you applying the 500k figure twice?
    That's stooped son. Stoopid.

• ok then show us where it said the 500k would be taken from the next 20 percent sell Claus please

• edited July 2016

• edited July 2016

let's hope Ibe fancies the move.

Or the 23 threads on here and on the WWFC group of various Chinese whisperers pontificating on it will have been in tedious vain.

• @Malone I've not applied the 500k figure twice; I've applied it after the percentage has been calculated, rather than before.

That correctly reflects the way it had been written if the accepted hierarchy of mathematical operations (BODMAS) is applied.

"15% of sale price minus original £500,000" = £1,750,000

"15% of (sale price minus original £500,000)" = £2,175,000

• BOLLOCKS to BODMAS

• Ummh fund a u21/reserve side within 5 years, Sign Ibe, bloody sign it.

• You need to go back to school @Uncle_T.

Let's assume that rather than £15 million, Ibe was 'only' sold for £3 million.

Using your calculations:
    15% of £3,000,000 less the £500,000 already paid = £450,000 - £500,000 = -£50,000

Even given our club's previous disastrous transfer market dealings, I struggle to believe that anyone could be so incompetent as to arrange a sale which could lead to WWFC paying a fee during a sell-on.

Assuming all figures are correct, the calculation would be 15% of £14,500,000, resulting in a much needed £2.175 million windfall.

• @Uncle_T there is a big difference between a mathematical equation and an agreed contractual calculation

• Interesting piece suggesting Liverpool will insist on a buy back and/or sell on clause if the deal goes through.

http://www.empireofthekop.com/2016/07/08/why-liverpool-have-absolutely-nailed-it-with-15m-jordon-ibe-deal/

• edited July 2016

@Croider I agree that the outcome of your illustration of a £3,000,000 transfer fee is an unrealistic situation and that the original selling club would not be required to pay the difference. I had it in mind, however, that the initial £500,000 payment was a non-refundable advance on the agreed sell-on fee percentage that would ultimately become due for payment.

In my scenario, the selling club has taken a gamble on the player being sold on for a fee greater than £3,333,333 in order that they can pocket more money, but has assured that, even in the event the player does not achieve that value or gets injured, they still get a minimum of £500,000. The buying club has gambled that they will ultimately sell the player on (a) for more than the £500,000 they paid for him, so they won't make a loss and (b) for more than £3,333,333 so they can make a profit. Makes sense to me and similar approaches are taken to selling publishing rights to music, books, etc.

So, to complete my scenario, were Jordon Ibe to be sold by Liverpool for £3,000,000 Wycombe would receive no sell on payment, because the amount due to Wycombe as a percentage of the transfer fee is less than the amount Liverpool have already paid to Wycombe in advance. I'm not saying this is right, as I have no knowledge of what the contract actually says and who has paid and will pay how much to whom, but it is not unrealistic and suits a more pessimistic view of the additional funding that may be coming to WWFC Ltd.

• I wonder if they end up making money from a sell on clause whether we get a proportion of that through our sell on clause.

• apparently Ibe is going to wait and see what other offers come in. see "Vitalbournemouth", so it does not look like any deal will be done quickly. Howe might not want to wait either for Ibe to decide if Bournemouth are good enough for him...

• @Uncle_T , apologies old son, i'm the stoopid one, clearly read your post a bit too fast.

All about how the contract is written at the end of the day. Would be amazed if we'd been dumb enough to word it the way that does us out of money though, after our history of bungles.

As for Ibe, get the bloody hell to Bournemouth son! Get there!

• Jordon Ibe completed more Premier League take-ons last season (60) than:
    Pedro (52)
    R.Sterling (41)
    M.Depay (28)

• "take-ons"?

I think I'm getting a bit grumpy in my old age

• Have always these sort of feeble stat quotations.

That stat makes Ibe sound like he's been incredibly effective for them.
    His start tally, and consecutive starts, goals and assists would no doubt suggest otherwise.

Go to Bournemouth Ibe. Get it done. For one thing, I detest Liverpool, so it'll be good to be able to cheer him again!

• Why not just wait and see? It makes no difference to the outcome what is written here.

• @wingnut Not sure you're grasping the purpose of a message board.

• Liverpool season ticket holder at work said he would drive Ibe to Bournemouth to get the £15m He said he didn't live up to expectations....Hope he proves him wrong.

• Whatever happens this is good news for Jordan, more game time suiting his style, and good for us in some cash coming in whether in a lump or spread over a few years.
    .....glass half full

• Jordon.

• A "message" implies that it contains meaningful information. If it doesn't what is it?

• @wingnut Football message boards are also known as discussion forums. Does that make more sense?