Skip to content

The definitive ex-player news thread

Comments

• Getting ready for life after Zaha!

• Silly question, but has Eze moved from centre mid to the wing? Or is that lazy journalism?

• That’s what I wondered @Malone. Whenever I’ve seen him he has always played mainly well inside though being the industrious player he is you’d see him out wide from time to time. He looks the archetypal inside left (No 10 to the under 60s !

• @ micra and don't forget the wformation from the same period

• edited August 2020

Hope that's true as I quite liked the bloke myself. Looking at the tweet though, I have my doubts. CMS that is btw.

• My expectations of CMS were unreasonably high as I’d seen him several times at his peak, tearing defences apart, including Wycombe’s on a couple of occasions. He only showed occasional flashes of that kind of form in his time at AP. Good luck to him in his new role at Notts County (subject to confirmation of course).

• @wformation: you’d be more au fait with that, of course. Was it like this?

1.                    9.                        7

10.                             8

• That’s hopeless. I tried to set it out with 11,9,7 across the first line with 10 and 8 two lines down midway between 11 and 9 and 9 and 7 respectively. I failed miserably. Time for bed!

• @micra, the number 9 was slightly behind the 11 and 7, I hope you had a good sleep.

• Aah, yes I can see how that would form a ‘W’ @wformation. Not that I was at all aware of such descriptions in those days.
    We went decades with two full-backs, a solitary centre half, half-backs (4 on the right and 6 on the left), inside forwards (8 on the right and 10 on the left) wingers (7 on the right and 11 on the left) and a centre forward.

I slept well, thanks and the paragraph above may well have sent one or two others into the land of nod.

• That's 50 players @micra, seems a lot for one team.

• Seems a bit rash with 50 players not to play one of them in goal

• 13 defenders and 37 forwards certainly shows attacking intent. Can the Couhigs afford the wages for this lot though!

• It’s a good job we all love numbers.

Totally unrelated to the fascinating exchanges above, has anyone else been appalled by the language used by Alex Lynch on Twitter? So disappointing.

• @micra said:
    It’s a good job we all love numbers.

Totally unrelated to the fascinating exchanges above, has anyone else been appalled by the language used by Alex Lynch on Twitter? So disappointing.

Getting surprised and disappointed at footballers using swears is like getting upset it's raining, I'm afraid @micra

Do you follow many players who have played under 10 games for us?

• I don't have the Twitter @micra largely to avoid being appalled....

• @micra said:
    It’s a good job we all love numbers.

Welsh?

• No good can come of following footballers on Twitter.

• I don’t follow anyone on any social media platform @Malone but when I was first persuaded to buy a laptop computer (in 2012) in order to keep in contact with the family during their “trial” year in Spain, my granddaughter (14 at the time) set up various apps (if that’s what they were called at the time) including Twitter and Facebook.

Both those platforms “recognised” that I had a keen interest in Wycombe Wanderers. Hence, whenever the club or anyone however vaguely connected with the club post on Twitter or Facebook I receive a notification by email. Anthony Stewart and Alex Lynch post fairly frequently on Twitter and, believe me, those two are diametrically opposed personalities. I have the greatest respect for the former but, at least on the strength of many of his posts, none at all for the latter. To suggest that I “follow” him is laughable yet not at all funny.

• @micra said:
    I don’t follow anyone on any social media platform @Malone but when I was first persuaded to buy a laptop computer (in 2012) in order to keep in contact with the family during their “trial” year in Spain, my granddaughter (14 at the time) set up various apps (if that’s what they were called at the time) including Twitter and Facebook.

Both those platforms “recognised” that I had a keen interest in Wycombe Wanderers. Hence, whenever the club or anyone however vaguely connected with the club post on Twitter or Facebook I receive a notification by email. Anthony Stewart and Alex Lynch post fairly frequently on Twitter and, believe me, those two are diametrically opposed personalities. I have the greatest respect for the former but, at least on the strength of many of his posts, none at all for the latter. To suggest that I “follow” him is laughable yet not at all funny.

You probably need tips off one of the techno skilled peeps on here about tweaking your settings!

• I’m fine thanks.

• @micra said:
    I’m fine thanks.

Didn't want to upset you or anything x

• @micra is getting a lot of thumbs down for seemingly harmless posts today...am I missing something? Is he being highly offensive in code?

• Reckon I must be @Wendoverman.
    Involuntary codification. Surely that’s worth a couple from the usual suspects! @ValleyWanderer holds the current record but I’m getting close. Probably ahead on thumbs per post - a very unfair basis.

• edited August 2020

I think normally it's a harmless in gag due to Micra once making some comment about the thumbs down facility.

Though the chuckles of the following/not following might have brought a cheeky one or two.

• @Malone said:

@micra said:
    I’m fine thanks.

Didn't want to upset you or anything x

Just a quiet sulk @Malone. You know me.