Skip to content

The definitive ex-player news thread

Comments

• @OxfordBlue said:
    Pierre's understanding with Mawson was almost telepathic at times as they'd played together right the way through the Brentford academy. If anyone could revitalise his career it would be Ainsworth.

You can only revitalise a career by playing regularly. He isn't going to displace Messrs Taff, Forino and Stewart.

• You can only revitalise a career by playing regularly. He isn't going to displace Messrs Taff, Forino, Mawson and Stewart.

• edited May 2022

We ought to get another left-footed CB in, but I wouldn't be going for Pierre - look younger

• Do we think wakely is done for then?

• @Wendoverman said:
    Do we think wakely is done for then?

Forgot about him - didn't realise he was LF. I think he signed a two-year deal?

• Not sure he is left footed but a decent prospect or at least he seemed to be.

• He is left footed according to Transfermarkt

• Kashket released by Crewe.

Shame it didn’t work out. Hopefully their loss is someone else’s gain.

• @robin said:
    Aaron Pierre has been released by Shrewsbury.

He was at the match last night. Well, I followed an expensive looking car out of the car park with the reg ‘A PI8RRE’ so I assume it was him!

• That was just a Pierre. Not the Pierre.

• So we're signing Pierre, Mawson, Senda, Saunders and Wood then

That'll keep the sign the old boys obsessives happy for a bit.

• Saw Sammy Wood last night. He looked very tanned.

• @drcongo said:
    That was just a Pierre. Not the Pierre.

So there isn't only one Pierre then

• @Wendoverman said:
    Saw Sammy Wood last night. He looked very tanned.

I think I saw him pass us at the gate on an e-scooter and then again leaving the beer tent.

• I would say that if **** happened then signing Alfie would be very much possible if not probable.

• I saw Kalumbay there as well, please don't say we are resigning him.

• So we're signing Pierre, Mawson, Senda, Saunders and Wood then

That'll keep the sign the old boys obsessives happy for a bit.> @StrongestTeam said:

@drcongo said:
    That was just a Pierre. Not the Pierre.

So there isn't only one Pierre then

He's not even the only Aaron Pierre, or the first result on google.

I'd imagine it was this guy at the game last night.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Pierre_(actor)

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    I would say that if **** happened then signing Alfie would be very much possible if not probable.

Could definitely happen if such things we don't talk about happen.

Would be a really strong 4th choice centre back for back up.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Saw Sammy Wood last night. He looked very tanned.

'very tanned' is an understatement - looked like he'd spent every day since he left us on a beach in the Canary Islands and then gone to the local tanning salon for the Ultra Special browning package.

• @Malone said:

@TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    I would say that if **** happened then signing Alfie would be very much possible if not probable.

Could definitely happen if such things we don't talk about happen.

Would be a really strong 4th choice centre back for back up.

I think one thing we learnt from the last time **** happened being a centre half short for a large part of the season was not the way forward. Having 3/4 top players capable of working in a 2 or a 3 is essential.

• Sammy Wood apparently used to play with Gareth McCleary at Bromley back in the day, has posted some photos, you have to pity the opposition full backs really.

• I hope he ships six again.

• @drcongo said:
    I hope he ships six again.

Now now Doc, play nicely! ?

• @drcongo said:
    I hope he ships six again.

Wasn't it seven?

• Aaron Amadi-Holloway has been released by Burton Albion.

• Has anyone ever chosen Luton over the Maldives before, in the history of the universe?

• Elliot Benyon scored the opener last night (a brilliant header from a corner) as I saw Oxford City beat Eastbourne 2-0 in the National League South playoffs. Oxford City looked like a tidy little team tbh. Play some really good football

• @WanderingDays said:
    Elliot Benyon scored the opener last night (a brilliant header from a corner) as I saw Oxford City beat Eastbourne 2-0 in the National League South playoffs. Oxford City looked like a tidy little team tbh. Play some really good football

Good game and great atmosphere, wasn't it. Considering a trip to Dorking for the semi-final though sadly if City reach the play-off final it's the same day as ours.

• A record attendance of 1349 for a competitive match at Marsh Lane. City are away to Dorking Wanderers on Saturday in the semi-final, home tickets already sold out.