Skip to content

The definitive ex-player news thread

Comments

• Ben Townsend now lives just outside Reading. He’s a successful small property developer.

Finished playing at 24 due to reoccurring injury issues and decided to concentrate on business rather than football to further his career.

• Eze scored for Palace today, beat Southampton 2-1

• Dan Scarr misses out on Play-Offs after tough game.

• Under different circumstances he’d have been a cult hero here.

• I've always said it but it's such a shame he never got to play in front on Wycombe fans

He'd have been absolutely adored

• I'm far more happy that Super Sammy Vokes is our centre forward.

• Josh Knight with an own goal in todays defeat for Posh.

• @Gary said:
    Josh Knight with an own goal in todays defeat for Posh.

Fantastic news.

• So, that's two seasons in a row Josh's CV has with "relegation" as the summary. Not a good look especially for a defender!

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    So, that's two seasons in a row Josh's CV has with "relegation" as the summary. Not a good look especially for a defender!

Possibly even worse for Rocky? Perhaps we can blame them two for us going down now? ?

• Rocky didn’t play yesterday and his replacement was terrible.
    They love him at (Wayne Rooney’s)Derby and they will be a force in League One, lots of good young players.

• @perfidious_albion said:
    Rocky didn’t play yesterday and his replacement was terrible.
    They love him at (Wayne Rooney’s)Derby and they will be a force in League One, lots of good young players.

Plus, don't forget the 40 new players Master Rooney is demanding!

• Al-Hamadi (hope I’ve spelt that right) scored a brace for Bromley yesterday.

• @perfidious_albion said:
    Rocky didn’t play yesterday and his replacement was terrible.

A recent Twitter poll on one of their fan sites revealed that Roos was the man they wanted between the sticks next season, as opposed to Rocky.

Talking of ex-keepers, I noticed that Ingram was on the bench for Hull yesterday and the keeper who played had one of the worst GK performances I’ve ever witnessed (based on Quest highlights of course).

So you can imagine my surprise to see this Tweet.

Luton are missing their first choice and second choice keeper and I believe they are left with just third and youth for their play-off campaign.

• Matt just wants to play, remember he came back ‘home’ on emergency loan.

• Matt Ingram concedes 7 (seven) on his Luton debut, in a game where Fred went off injured and Muskwe was described on Twitter as “an ass”.

• Yet Luton are still in the play offs with 45 games gone!

Mitrovic up to 43 league goals is astounding!

• I wonder if that is a record for a debut keeper ?

• edited May 2022

They play Reading on Saturday whilst Boro play PNE. As a result of shipping 7 today, a draw may no longer be enough to secure them a play-off place. They must match Boro’s result at the least. Millwall also have an outside chance.

Like them or hate them, it’s remarkable how well Luton have done this season.

• @Malone said:
    Yet Luton are still in the play offs with 45 games gone!

Mitrovic up to 43 league goals is astounding!

Needs one more to break Brian Clough's post-war record for the most in a second tier season - and to break Fulham's all-time single-season record which is held by a bloke nicknamed 'Bonzo' and has stood for 90 years!

• Excellent work agent Ingram.

• Agree the Rev has worked wonders at Luton but Forest going from bottom to possible automatic is not bad either.

• The Rev going to and leaving Stoke is a potential lesson for Gaz. Be successful in an environment you have created and control where you are respected and admired

• Aaron Pierre has been released by Shrewsbury.

• @robin said:
    Aaron Pierre has been released by Shrewsbury.

Writing was on the wall when he was struggling to get into a 3 man centre back line-up.

Their player of the season 2 years ago, shows how quickly things can change.

• Looked nailed on for a career in the Championship when he left us. Hope he lands somewhere that he can play regular football.

• Pierre's understanding with Mawson was almost telepathic at times as they'd played together right the way through the Brentford academy. If anyone could revitalise his career it would be Ainsworth.