Skip to content

The definitive ex-player news thread

Comments

• @Uncle_T said:
    Former loanee Iffy Onuora takes part in BBC's Pointless quiz show this evening.

Was truly awful here in a short spell. Seem to recall we had a range of strikers around that time come in on loans or short term deals and most were complete pish.

• Shocking official incompetence

• Matt Harold has taken temporary charge of Leyton Orient after Kenny Jacket departed the club.

• Roger Johnson is reportedly suing a surgeon who operated on him in 2017. Asking for a £1m

• Hats off to Uche! Late winner v WRDC

• Agent Uche. Ex-Wycombe and on loan from Boro. A Derby conspiracy theorist's nightmare!

• Admiral starts for Luton v Chelsea

• Charles Dunne, ex-WW left-back was subbed by St Mirren at half-time in tonight’s 2-0 defeat to Celtic at Parkhead.

• Jamal Blackman in goal for Huddersfield away at Forest in the FA Cup this evening…it’s live on ITV 4

• Paul Smyth scores for Leyton Orient.

• Benjamin Siegrist - currently at Dundee United - rumoured to be interesting Man Utd.

• One game for Wycombe about six years ago!

• Eze starts for Palace v Everton in FA Cup QF

• Just thinking, if Luton go up would Fred become the first ex-player to win promotion to the PL with the team we sold them to?

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Just thinking, if Luton go up would Fred become the first ex-player to win promotion to the PL with the team we sold them to?

Kortney Hause for one

• @wwfcblue said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Just thinking, if Luton go up would Fred become the first ex-player to win promotion to the PL with the team we sold them to?

Kortney Hause for one

Technically yes, but he only made one appearance for Wolves that season - so did he get a medal? ?

• @ReturnToSenda said:

I feel sick

• I want Luton to go up - the sight of Kenilworth Road in the Premier League would be quite something

• Always like to see teams go up who are new to the top flight or haven't been there for ages.

Much better then West Brom, Fulham and the like going up and down repeatedly.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    I want Luton to go up - the sight of Kenilworth Road in the Premier League would be quite something

So do I, it would be a shocking experience for Premier League away supporters to visit the greatest shit hole ground in England!

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@wwfcblue said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Kortney Hause for one

Technically yes, but he only made one appearance for Wolves that season - so did he get a medal? ?

He meets the criteria set in your post.

• You have to admire what the Reverend Jones has done there. Not sure they will go.up but would not mind if they did.

• @Wendoverman said:
    You have to admire what the Reverend Jones has done there. Not sure they will go.up but would not mind if they did.

I just love the idea of the same fans who abused him when he left, now being all over him.

• @Wendoverman said:
    You have to admire what the Reverend Jones has done there. Not sure they will go.up but would not mind if they did.

I agree with you there @Wendoverman, I don't know but somehow feel that they've done this on merit and within their proper budget. Although not a 'big' club compared to some, they're clearly a bigger club than us based on fanbase/attendances and they can thus afford a higher earning squad.

• Luton getting to the Premier League would be as big an upset as Leicester winning it.

The rev has done an unbelievable job there.

• edited March 2022

Still don't like the guy - or the club.

• edited March 2022

@mooneyman said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    I want Luton to go up - the sight of Kenilworth Road in the Premier League would be quite something

So do I, it would be a shocking experience for Premier League away supporters to visit the greatest shit hole ground in England!

It might be a shithole, but Kenilworth Road is still easily one of my favourite away grounds. Give me somewhere like that or Roots Hall over the soulless bowls in Colchester/MK any day of the week

• Absolutely. Layer Road was a great place to be an away fan, in their new stadium you could be anywhere.