Skip to content

The definitive ex-player news thread

Comments

• The fact Darius is coming to "our house" is disorienting, like crossing the streams in Ghostbusters or something.

• Dan Scarr scores for Plymouth at Sunderland.

• And I think Alex Samuel scored today as well didn't he?

• @Wendoverman said:
    And I think Alex Samuel scored today as well didn't he?

It was Dominic Samuel that scored for Ross. Alex has only started three games, and hasn’t played at all since the end of October.

• @floyd said:

@Wendoverman said:
    And I think Alex Samuel scored today as well didn't he?

It was Dominic Samuel that scored for Ross. Alex has only started three games, and hasn’t played at all since the end of October.

Doh!

• Poor Alex. Ross County looks like a beautiful place to play, but it must feel remote and lonely when you are not getting a look in.

• @Shev said:
    Poor Alex. Ross County looks like a beautiful place to play, but it must feel remote and lonely when you are not getting a look in.

Better than living in Luton and not playing!

• @mooneyman said:

@Shev said:
    Poor Alex. Ross County looks like a beautiful place to play, but it must feel remote and lonely when you are not getting a look in.

Better than living in Luton and not playing!

Better than living in Luton and playing

• @Shev said:

I’m assuming he’s injured.

• Chris Zebroski has joined Wantage Town.

• Elliott Benyon scores from 40 yards for Oxford City vs Slough. Spotted the keeper put of position and placed it perfectly.

• @robin said:
    Chris Zebroski has joined Wantage Town.

That seems to be his fourth club this year.

• Max Kretzschmar scored a late penalty for Woking to equalise at Aldershot yesterday, the Shots having scored their own spot-kick to open the scoring just a few minutes earlier.

• Nnamdi looks like he’s still no further with his tests since Gerrard announced in July he had heart problems.
    Absolutely gutted for him and his family, hopefully better news in the New Year.

https://www.rangersnews.uk/injury-news/rangers-boss-van-bronckhorst-provides-nnamdi-ofoborh-update/amp/

• Grant Basey appointed manager of Cray Wanderers. Only post that as I had completely forgotten about him. Decent full back for us pre JJ

• Oldest club in the South of England I think

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    Grant Basey appointed manager of Cray Wanderers. Only post that as I had completely forgotten about him. Decent full back for us pre JJ

Basey was dreadful, overweight and unfit. Hence his career quickly spiralled downwards.

• Based maintained his connections with Charlton, becoming Kit Manager in 2018 and more recently First Team Development Coach, providing a link between the first team and the Academy. Not sure becoming manager of Cray Wanderers constitutes an upward spiral!

• Basey not Based.

• I thought he was a solid player for us

• I think solid is apt.

• Still only 33 surprisingly.
    Feels like a player from yonks ago, but only actually 8 1/2 years ago!

• Happy New Year @Malone (and Gasroomers everywhere). When you prefix 81/2 years with ‘only’, you’re ‘getting on a bit’ ! Middle age is beckoning.

• Kashket and Eze. Two very different all time favourites but neither forcing their way into starting line-ups recently and neither even on the bench the other day. After his ACL injury, Eze was always going to be eased back gently but I was hoping to see one or two cameo appearances by now. Perhaps today, at home to West Ham.

• Didn’t Basey leave because he wanted to play as a striker, or have I muddled him up with someone else?

I recall he played a handful of games for his new club in that position before again reverting to fullback and being less than impressive.

• Think it was someone else... can't remember his name though !?

• Andy Sandell?

• @micra said:
    Happy New Year @Malone (and Gasroomers everywhere). When you prefix 81/2 years with ‘only’, you’re ‘getting on a bit’ ! Middle age is beckoning.

Yet sometimes a few weeks ago feels like ages ago.
    So I'm definitely well on the way.

Also those "best" moments of the year are difficult as sometimes I can barely remember the last game, let alone months back.

All the beast to you as well.