Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The definitive ex-player news thread

1106107109111112116

Comments

  • At least it explains what looked a baffling situation.

    But it does seem all very odd. Maybe he's superb for banter round the club.

  • Working on a 'banter bonus' would be very 2021.

  • "Good in the dressing room".

    If that really was a thing it might be the next non playing addition to the staff. Some wild extrovert plucked from the crowd to gee everyone up.

  • You should apply

  • edited June 7

    @Malone said:
    "Good in the dressing room".

    If that really was a thing it might be the next non playing addition to the staff. Some wild extrovert plucked from the crowd to gee everyone up.

    I don't have a lot of time for Roy Keane, but he did make me laugh yesterday when asking Wrighty what the "something" that Jordan Henderson brought to the England camp was. "Does he do card tricks?!"

  • That all being said, I would still sign off on Bayo as a Dressing Room King, once he stops playing.

  • What’s with all this signing off and on?!

  • @Malone said:
    "Good in the dressing room".

    If that really was a thing it might be the next non playing addition to the staff. Some wild extrovert plucked from the crowd to gee everyone up.

    Not sure if Ross, assistant kit operative and general factotum, ever got near the dressing room last season but he’d be just the man for the job.

  • Dan Scarr has signed for Plymouth Argyle for an undisclosed fee

  • go, Tiny! Will be good to see him.

  • edited June 14

    Lots of Scots getting very excited about today's game. Can only assume Paul Lambert has been brought in as pundit to tone that down. Did he ever smile when he was with us?

  • @StrongestTeam said:
    Lots of Scots getting very excited about today's game. Can only assume Paul Lambert has been brought in as pundit to tone that down. Did he ever smile when he was with us?

    Did you know he once won the European cup?

  • This match won't have made him any cheerier. Not that anything does.

  • @thedieharder said:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57485395

    Byrn Morris has signed for Burton Albion

    Really liked Morris when he signed for us on loan. A real Ainsworth player that was down on his luck and played superbly for that short time. Had high hopes that (in my fantasy world) he would sign for us to thank us for giving his career a boost. Did an Alex Revell instead*.

    *I KNOW IT'S A CAREER BUT I LOVE MY CLUB AND EVERY PLAYER SHOULD WANT TO SIGN FOR US

  • Is Alex Revell forgiven now given his hat-trick against Exeter that day to help hand us promotion?

  • Randell Williams signs for Hull

  • That’s a shame!

  • Until we lost Fred I thought signing Williams would not be a good use of resources. Now maybe different. Still optimistic for Horgan - only cos I haven't seen him play for a few weeks now so I have re-written my memory of him.

  • We could convert Horgan into a wing-back - having a winger on one side and a full-back on the other gives you greater flexibility in terms of changing shape on the fly - and there are certain benefits to having one wide player inverted, as Fred was, but you can obviously stretch the play more with a left-footer in that position.

  • @ReturnToSenda we could. Just need to work on his passing, crossing and tackling. His effort is good though.

  • Horgan has pedigree and class. I reckon he might be a star for us next season

    I really, really, really, really (etc and so on) hope we manage to keep hold of Uche though.

    He is all the attributes to be an absolute darling of the terraces. It would be sad beyond belief if he were to leave before we got the chance to see him live, and before he had the chance to receive our adulation

  • @eric_plant said:
    Horgan has pedigree and class. I reckon he might be a star for us next season

    I really, really, really, really (etc and so on) hope we manage to keep hold of Uche though.

    He is all the attributes to be an absolute darling of the terraces. It would be sad beyond belief if he were to leave before we got the chance to see him live, and before he had the chance to receive our adulation

    Agree @eric_plant If anyone can convince Uche to stay for at least another season to become a Chairboys legend and progress his career it is GA and Dobbo (and the other experienced players in the team). In the same vein, if they think hanging onto him will not benefit him or the side they will not stand in his way. There is something special at our club that gives people food for thought when they decide their future I think.

  • edited June 17

    Uche wanted to make it to the Championship by the time he was 25 - and having done that, if he gets a good offer to stay there, he'll take it. He'd be mad not to.

  • @ReturnToSenda said:
    We could convert Horgan into a wing-back - having a winger on one side and a full-back on the other gives you greater flexibility in terms of changing shape on the fly - and there are certain benefits to having one wide player inverted, as Fred was, but you can obviously stretch the play more with a left-footer in that position.

    My optimistic side suggests we'll be a totally different outfit in the lower standard of league 1, so Horgan might actually get a lot more of the ball and show to be a good signing.
    It was a thankless gig for him last season.

  • @Malone said:

    @ReturnToSenda said:
    We could convert Horgan into a wing-back - having a winger on one side and a full-back on the other gives you greater flexibility in terms of changing shape on the fly - and there are certain benefits to having one wide player inverted, as Fred was, but you can obviously stretch the play more with a left-footer in that position.

    My optimistic side suggests we'll be a totally different outfit in the lower standard of league 1, so Horgan might actually get a lot more of the ball and show to be a good signing.
    It was a thankless gig for him last season.

    Yeah, and I think we moved him around too much and he wasn't really able to settle in a role.

  • Lee Angol to Bradford. Decent move for him. Occasionally looks like one we might regret and about to be a useful signing somewhere but as I remember he was a bit of a twunt in a recent game against us and not being offered a new deal by orient might show different.

  • Angol one who refused to be β€˜Wycombized’ by Gaz. One of the Morgan crew. I remember Gaz selecting him at right back in the B&B at B’field, he was actually rather good.

Sign In or Register to comment.