Skip to content

Yob culture amongst our 'fans'

123457»

Comments

• @Wheresthechips I hope you did not feel I was correcting grammar? I was merely pointing out to @dansmith1985 that I felt his post was way too long and way too stupid comments

• Although the harsh clamping down on the odd spelling error, or poor grammar is unnecessary, when someone writes something like

"Stop sitting their sitting your allocated seat", it is hard to take them seriously.

Let alone then reading nonsense about flares.

Idiots set flares off. Selfish idiots.

They're messy, they stink, and if anyone has breathing issues, can be a right bastard.

• "Stop sitting their sitting your allocated seat", it is hard to take them seriously.

Let alone then reading nonsense about flares.

For a moment I really thought we were going back to the 'good' old days of the 70's

• "Come and talk to us if you have a problem"

Still don't know if they mean that as a simple threat, or genuinely think some mad individual is going to go up to a bunch of kids singing abusive songs and expect a proper conversation!

• edited May 2016

'I say you chaps, any chance you could sit down and stop calling the keeper a ****? You can? You didn't realise it was bothering anyone? Jolly good...'
    I think that's how it usually goes.

• sing up gasroom

• Malone i am with you on flares, on The Daily Mirror website today they have a video of just how quickly they can destroy a football top it was just a few seconds,imagine if your shirt caught fire because of some stupid arsehole let one off next to you.

• Be better if it was the idiot who let it off

• LOL!

• So this annual storm in a tea-cup rears it's head again - must be the silly season. During my long career supporting the mighty blues there has always been a small but vocal group of paranoid and sanctimonious supporters who love a bit of gossip and scaremongering, particularly aimed at young fans that aren't in their little clique. In the 1980s, me and my mates tried as hard as possible to tarnish the reputation of the club, without success. But of course we weren't really trying to harm the club, we were just boys being boys. In today's antisceptic world, it's far more expensive to follow football, the big clubs dominate more than ever, there are far more other pastimes to chose from and it's a wonder that a new generation want to support Wycombe at all. Now let's stop the sniping and the exaggerating and all get behind the cause we have in common. Come on!

• @LDF said:
    So this annual storm in a tea-cup rears it's head again - must be the silly season. During my long career supporting the mighty blues there has always been a small but vocal group of paranoid and sanctimonious supporters who love a bit of gossip and scaremongering, particularly aimed at young fans that aren't in their little clique. In the 1980s, me and my mates tried as hard as possible to tarnish the reputation of the club, without success. But of course we weren't really trying to harm the club, we were just boys being boys. In today's antisceptic world, it's far more expensive to follow football, the big clubs dominate more than ever, there are far more other pastimes to chose from and it's a wonder that a new generation want to support Wycombe at all. Now let's stop the sniping and the exaggerating and all get behind the cause we have in common. Come on!

Well done this is the best post so far. On this note it's about time we all move on .

• No-one's moving on until this thread gets 10,000 views.

Fanny!

• First post and abuse already nice welcome

• This mob needs a name - any ideas?

• @peterparrotface said:
    This mob needs a name - any ideas?

I'm split between the Harbingers of death and the petal club

• On the ex-player news thread @arnos_grove referred to them as "the drone army". Quite like that name myself.

• Larry and the lightweights.

• I can think of many names but perhaps best not give them one to cling to it could make matters worse.

• None Direction

• @Cyclops The Drone Army was a well established phrase on the old Gasroom to describe the people on the terrace who seem to turn up to games just to whinge the whole time. It's a great name and I hope it sticks.

• @bill_stickers Thanks for the update, Bill. I didn't get to see the Old Gasroom much so had not realised the history of "Drone Army". I think the term sums these idiots up perfectly and I hope it sticks, too. COYB.

• Bruise Armada

• Drone Army.
    Shimmering apes
    Wycombe fans are vermin.

All classics from back in the day

• My favourite chant by clubs fans in the lower leagues back in the day was "You're so loud you sound like Aldershot" Fantastic insult.

• You tube u-21 cover band

• I'd better not go there then.