Skip to content

transfer speculation....

Comments

• The way you link those 3 players shows that you've totally missed what any "fuss" (bit strong) is about with Newcombe @TheatreOfChairs .

Rowe - was decent, we struggled to find him a regular position and in the end he had some issues.
    De Hav - completely above his level in the league.

Newcombe - no mention of him signing at all, sent out on loan with no comment, and all a bit of a ghost, occasionally popping up like some kind of work experience kid working the keepers.

• What exactly is your issue @Malone ? He wasn't here then he was and a lot of people didn't get told and then he was gone again.

Is it the not knowing that is killing you? Any thoughts on what else you don't know that might eat away at you? The whole army of reserve left backs we have for example?

• notts county sign hemmings from Poxford...decent signing

• Well, thanks for that @Wwfc2015_ You are earning your corn.

• Well I've been working hard to reach me target
    To earn a few bob for a day trip down to Margate
    I'm gonna blow the lot tomorrow on all me family
    We catch the coach at eight so don't be late, were off to see the sea

Hurry up will ya Grandad, come on were going

Down to Margate, don't forget your buckets and spades and cossys and all
    Down to Margate, we'll have a pill of jellied eels at the cockle stall
    Down to Margate, we'll go on the pier and we'll have a beer aside of the sea

• @LX1: nice

• @Right_in_the_Middle , do calm down dear, we don't need you to start doing your whole routine.
    It's simply a fairly an odd scenario to bring in a player without a word, he's barely around, and then leaves with barely a word. Let's forget it now though, as like his time here it doesn't need too much more thought!

• You don't react too well to being called out do you @Malone . Just accept you might not get to find out everything that goes on and we can continue ignoring each other

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • All of the play-off teams will be looking to hit the ground running and maintain the impetus next season.

• If they hit the ground running, won't they have already fallen over?

• yes @DevC that's right

• @DevC said:
    If they hit the ground running, won't they have already fallen over?

But if it's Diving Danny they will at least have a penalty.

• come on i want some transfer news! lol

• edited June 2018

Has anyone else come across these Twitter accounts? https://mobile.twitter.com/fanswycombe

https://mobile.twitter.com/announceitwyc

Both claim to be tweeting Wycombe 'news', yet as I'm sure is pretty obvious, it's all BS. The first one blocked me when I asked for their source and pointed out that what they told me sounded like a completely made-up newspaper, the second claimed, among other things, that Joe Jacobson had signed a new contract 12 days ago (clearly hasn't) and then got very defensive when I challenged them.

As I say, I'm sure the majority of our fans are clued up enough to realise these accounts clearly aren't genuine, but y'know, fake news etc.

• usually we do our business early ....and what is heppeing with JJ....converning that he has not extended yet

• edited June 2018

Except for a new Number 1 that we can say is 'not as good as Brownie during the promotion season' have we settled on how many new players we need yet?

• new players that is. For some tecnological reason I cannot edit previous posts now.

• If the new goalkeeper is anywhere near as bad as Brown I’d be surprised given GA contacts and consonant player recruitment

• @Bacon_Sandwich said:
    If the new goalkeeper is anywhere near as bad as Brown I’d be surprised given GA contacts and consonant player recruitment

GA signed Brownie in the 1st place didn't he?

• @Wwfc2015_ said:
    usually we do our business early ..

Out first signing last summer was July 3rd.

• @EwanHoosaami There has always been speculation that Brown was signed as reliable back-up to a No.1 who was possibly lined up but ended up going elsewhere, quite late, leaving GA behind the curve on goalie recruitment, then Brown got injured 1st game and Blackman was brought in, and so we never really knew...

• @Bacon_Sandwich said:
    If the new goalkeeper is anywhere near as bad as Brown I’d be surprised given GA contacts and consonant player recruitment

Start the Countdown.

• Pym from Exeter obvious choice given new recruitment policy.

• __> @StrongestTeam said:

@Bacon_Sandwich said:
    If the new goalkeeper is anywhere near as bad as Brown I’d be surprised given GA contacts and consonant player recruitment.

Do I detect an element of vowel play here?

• it would indeed be a disgrace if gareth signed another poor keeper and we got promoted. shameful.

• ![](> <del>> ____</del>)

Sorry, just having a dabble with the typeface options. Clearly haven’t got to grips yet.

• @LeedsBlue , I firmly believe we brought Brown in on that basis. But then am surprised that we then used him as first choice this season, but maybe priorities lay elsewhere.

We had a great season, but with a stronger keeper/centre back combo whether through that shaky first few months, or injuries, and we could quite conceivably threatened going up as champions.

• You are obviously entitled to your view, Malone but it is very difficult to find any evidence to support it.

We know we have a very small budget. It would be an odd use of that budget to have an experienced GK sitting on the bench.

This is presumably why it is hard to remember the last time we had a senior pro no2 goalkeeper (unless you count YMK as that).

In his first season we only bought a loan keeper in when Brown was long term injured and having done so as soon as he was fit and the loan window opened, we farmed him out on loan for the rest of the season. In his second season, we could have but didn't bring in a loan GK at the start of the season and put Brown on the bench. All evidence seems to reject the theory that Brown was signed to benchwarm.

I don't see enough games to judge but we didn't do too bad last season with Brown in goal. I do wonder if Browns reputation for some is a victim of social media black or whiteism when the truth is a shade of grey and he did ok.

• Great shot stopper.