Skip to content

Contracts

Comments

• Surely it's not hard to conclude that PCH has (probably) broken a team rule, and is now suffering from being part of a good team with an abundance of attacking options.

We give GA far too little credit if we think he allows personal feelings such a big part of his team selections.

• @micra said:
    “Why, man, he doth bestride the narrow world like a Colossus..........,.”

'Men at some time are masters of their fates; The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, But in ourselves, that we are underlings'

• I doubt whether anyone is suggesting that GA’ s decisions on team selection are based on personal feelings, whatever that may mean, but PCH’s omission last Monday seems curious in the context of the exchange with @EwanHoosaami and @fame_46.
    I suspect we are unanimous in hoping that he will soon be back and scoring again.

• If richie hasn't called it...it's fake news.

• Yes, thanks @Right_in_the_Middle.
    I remember the rest of it from GCE ‘O’ level in 1953 but just wanted the phrase that conjured up a picture of PCH “bestriding” (the right touchline perhaps).
    Bit pathetic really!

• @aloysius said:
    Alan Beeton had the best hair of any Wycombe player in the 90s and for that, I forgive him a few errant crosses and missed tackles.

He also nearly ran me over once. My ex has never forgiven him for missing.

• @micra leaving PCH out because he's sulking is exactly that isn't it?

• @TwinBrother Chris Vinnicombe nearly ran me over once.

What is it with Wycombe left backs? Anyone had a near death experience with Ijah Anderson? (Other than heart attacks watching him play of course).

• Craig Woodman nutted me once outside a supermarket because I suggested he had had an under par game. (At least I think that's what I said)

• I sailed round the Cape in a banana boat with Grant Basey.

• Carlos Lopez is my dealer.

• I believe @OxfordBlue, but I suspect you other two of lying.

• @Jonny_King how dare you! Had there been Tweetybook in them days I would have posted the picture of my injured eyebrow immediately and you'd be eating those words. As it happens in this case, they got lost while being developed at the chemist.

• edited April 2018

Once saw Chris Vinnicombe out with his wife pushing a pram around.
    True story.

Pre "fan-hater" days obviously.

• @floyd said:
    micra leaving PCH out because he's sulking is exactly that isn't it?

You really think so !

• Dropped for sulking? I think not.

• John Sutton nearly ran...once

• @LX1 ah John Sutton a player you hated from the world go

• Amazing that John Sutton has now played well over 500 games.

• edited April 2018

It forever sums up the Scottish prem that someone of his level could score plenty there, yet look so utterly dreadful for a 4th tier team here.

What's worse, was that there were supposedly about 15 teams interested, and we'd beaten them all...

• @Malone said:
    It forever sums up the Scottish prem that someone of his level could score plenty there, yet look so utterly dreadful for a 4th tier team here.

What's worse, was that there were supposedly about 15 teams interested, and we'd beaten them all...

Understandable there was interest at that time as he had scored 25 in 64 games for St Mirren in the Scottish Premiership. Whatever the standard that was a reasonable strike rate.

• @mooneyman said:
    Understandable there was interest at that time as he had scored 25 in 64 games for St Mirren in the Scottish Premiership. Whatever the standard that was a reasonable strike rate.

Saw him on play pre season against Eastbourne Borough just before he went ( and possibly knew he was off), looked lean and sharp, went on to score a hat full that season of course back in the SPL, there is always the possibility that he just didn’t relish the lower league environment.

• @perfidious_albion: Who was he playing for against the Borough and when was it?

• @micra said:
    perfidious_albion: Who was he playing for against the Borough and when was it?

It was for us, he played pre season then went back to Scotland just as the 08/09 season was starting.

• According to Soccerbase, John Sutton played 45 matches for Wycombe (22 from the bench) in 2007/08 and scored 6 goals. I didn’t realise he was retained in the summer or that he actually played in a pre-season friendly the following season.

He returned to Scotland in August 2008, scoring 12 goals in 31 matches for Motherwell in the Scottish Premier League.
    He has made 335 league appearances in a ten year career at a dozen different clubs.

• One of our all time disappointing signings.

We thought we were getting a a player in his brother's image, a battling goal scoring beast.
    But...we weren't

• @micra said:
    According to Soccerbase, John Sutton played 45 matches for Wycombe (22 from the bench) in 2007/08 and scored 6 goals. I didn’t realise he was retained in the summer or that he actually played in a pre-season friendly the following season.

He returned to Scotland in August 2008, scoring 12 goals in 31 matches for Motherwell in the Scottish Premier League.
    He has made 335 league appearances in a ten year career at a dozen different clubs.

Not strictly accurate Micra. He STARTED 335 league games but he also came on as a substitute an additional 133 games plus quite a few cup games adding up to around 500 appearances in all.

• With Allsop looking likely to line up for Lincoln tonight, I wonder if there is any chance we can tempt him back next season. He was impressive from what I recall, if not quite in the top tier of our loanee goalkeepers (eg Heaton.)

• GA could always give his old mate Derek Adams a ring for his insight. Plymouth have had no less than eight GKs this season, one of whom, came, went and then came back again. Cant be many young GKs available for loan that Adams hasn't considered.

• Out of contract and aged 25 Allsop would be available on a free - he might have his sights set higher but it appears he was dropped by Blackpool this year, so maybe his options won’t be all that extensive.