Skip to content

Contracts

Comments

• When I was at university a mystery dtropping was discovered in the communal toilets in my halls of residence. Nobody owned up to it

• Didn't paris play for Yeovil? Hat trick next week?

• A milllion from the 500 (19) Club and we're sorted.

• Brown wont stay - he isnt good enough for League -

• I’m a big fan of PCH but his last start was Morgan’esque in terms of sulking and moaning at teammates. I don’t know whether that is just his personal demon or something happened but regardless something was not right with him.

• So sad about PCH. When he returned last season he agreed with me when I said Adams Park seemed like his spiritual home. Hope I’m wrong but it seems likely that, for whatever reason, he no longer feels that way.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Didn't paris play for Yeovil? Hat trick next week?

Not for Yeovil but his second longest stay anywhere was at Plymouth where he scored thee goals in 40 games. In 107 games for Wycombe he has scored 23 goals - impressive for a (mainly) wide player. He had a brief spell at Grimsby as an 18 year old. He’ll be 28 in October so he’s at a bit of a cross-roads.

• edited April 2018

Roll on the next game, Paris playing, and an end to this Chinese whispers campaign that seems to suggest he'll be out on his ear in the summer, based on him missing a game or 2.

• @Malone said:
    Roll on the next game, Paris playing, and an end to this Chinese whispers campaign that seems to suggest he'll be out on his ear in the summer, based on him missing a game or 2.

You seem to be reading too much into, and misrepresenting, people’s understandable concern about the absence for a month, at a key stage of the season, of a much loved and exciting player who had been scoring freely.

• Maybe Liverpool have offered £60M for him so we’re trying to keep him injury free.

• @drcongo said:
    Maybe Liverpool have offered £60M for him so we’re trying to keep him injury free.

Sounds perfectly plausible.

• Talking of which, where is Alan Beeton these days?

• Thanks @micra. I knew green stripes were involved.

• Alan Beeton.
    The rumour was just that Liverpool were "watching" him wasn't it?

Probably did a couple of times, along with any lower division teenager. Then very quickly moved on, as the "Beeton Jockey" signature move, of holding off at a polite distance and letting every winger cross in, wasn't that effective.

• edited April 2018

@Malone sounds exactly like the defenders Liverpool have bought in recent years

• A man named Alan Beeton runs an upmarket car sales business in Hertfordshire with his wife: https://www.a2bperformance.co.uk/

I am pretty sure it's the same Alan Beeton who played for Wycombe Wanderers.

• Last i saw he was playing for Chesham.

• Alan Beeton had the best hair of any Wycombe player in the 90s and for that, I forgive him a few errant crosses and missed tackles.

• Out of interest whose barnet ensures them getting an errant pass amnesty this season @ aloysius ?

• Good question @Wendoverman. I'm quite partial to Sam Saunders' luxury bouffant, myself.

• Got to be Sido.

• @eric_plant said:
    why's everyone on Cowan-Hall's back all of a sudden?

He's done really well this season

Well said, @eric_plant. Is there any real evidence of problems with PCH?

• Who has been “on Cowan Hall’s back”?
    I think it is perfectly reasonable to wonder why he has not played for a month. He had been going through a truly purple patch earlier this year, scoring a fair few goals in the process. It’s really disappointing not to have seen him play for such a long time. I don’t think anyone has been “on his back” but several of us have wondered on here why he seems to have fallen out of favour and no doubt many more have had similar thoughts.

• Agreed, @micra.

Those of us at Notts would have seen 5 minutes of running around from him at the end as a 90th minute sub. He looked fine, though almost no chance to even touch the ball, let alone influence the game.

The surprise was that he then wasn't even on the bench on the Monday despite us fielding only 6 subs, and despite someone (maybe you?) reporting that the man himself had said in conversation that he was fit to play.

I haven't seen anything in the post-match stuff, or since, which squares this apparent circle. (I do remember a similar situation with Pierre though. Missing from the squad, spare place on bench, fit to play - that one turned out to be Pierre being late turning up and thus internally disciplined. Not saying this is the same situation).

This, I think, the cause of the most recent debate. Over and above that, one or two have trotted out the "Paris sulks if things aren't going his way" mantra - which I don't necessarily subscribe to - but that's all. The majority of us (I think) would just like to see him back to his best, pushing for a place, and giving his all. If there's any 'falling out of favour', I'm hoping it's just because of the amazing quality he's up against in his position this season.

• PCH does not play with a smile on his face, thus he is regarded as sulky and difficult, so whenever he is dropped we play the 'has he fallen out with Gareth' game. Hopefully, he will pop up with a hat-trick this weekend.

• He did put in a few mins as recently as 30th March in fairness, and was on the bench for a few games.
    Is this all based on not being on the bench last week?

If we had the lack of options out wide as other years it'd be a massive concern, but we have the greatest options out wide we've ever has a league club, so perhaps not time to worry

• Who'd have thought the word of some blokes mate would be treated with such trust in this world of fake news.

'Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing.'

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Someone stated that he had confirmed he wasn't injured but couldn't say any more after a game when we only put 6 subs out, either that was bollards or there was an issue.

That was me and tbf @fame_46 was involved in the conversation. It was clear that PCH was uncomfortable about revealing any more than he had to. As such, we afforded him with the respect the situation deserved and went our separate ways. I for one was in little doubt that PCH was omitted from the squad & it wasn't through ill health/injury.

• This wasn't outside a Tesco was it @EwanHoosaami ?

• @Right_in_the_Middle said
    'Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing.'

“Why, man, he doth bestride the narrow world like a Colossus..........,.”