Is it time...?
  1. Blooms Out?116 votes
    1. Yes
      56.03%
    2. No
      43.97%

Comments

• 3 voted no....hahaha says it all really

• Blooms in. We'll all be happy this time next season.

• Needs the season.

But if there's no real step up in performance we need to act in the summer.

• edited January 23

Why does he need the season? It's going to end in relegation the way things are going.

• edited January 23

We'll stay up by a gnat's cock and then can politely usher him out and Big Gaz back in the summer, once his huge tour of Berkshire has eased down.

• It'll all feel better by Saturday evening.

If I'm wrong @micra will sing you a song of your choosing.

• For once @malone old son, I wish had your optimism.

• Being Boring by The Pet Shop Boys. One thing about being a Wycombe fan is you don't get many dull seasons.

• We might win Saturday, but we won't get much out of the next 4 or 5 after that. We're bang in trouble and should be acting on it

• He’s had over 50 games to prove himself. Why do we need to give him more ?

• Haha - I have never voted in either the UK or US, and never expect to either.

• Apolitical. I don't need my opinions codified into law.

• Hyde, Cousins, Brown, Crossley, Evans, Ryan, Carroll, Bell, Regis (sub 56 Patterson), Garner (sub 80 Thompson), Stapleton. - sub not used: Moussaddik

• The secret to our Evening Standard 5-a-Side prowess, dominate all areas through sheer numbers.

• Kone showed good signs of knowing where the goal is. Wigan's goal was an unstoppable volley that any other time would have gone over the top, hit a defender etc. With the new young players there is cause for optimism. We shall see on Saturday!

There must have been more than 4 of us voting for MB to stay!

• If we don't win on Saturday (a draw won't do imo) then he absolutely deserves to be sacked. If they don't do it then, they never will. I don't see it as faith to Bloomfield from the Couhigs, more cowardice from making the difficult decisions.

• I’m still erring towards keeping MB (it is worth digging back on here to the post-Peterborough comments on here to see where the collective view was back then) as I think there has been an improvement in how we’ve played recently. If we can get some confidence (and some luck) I think we can turn things around.

But, for me, we do need a good performance on Saturday (nailed on we won’t win). If, with Scowen presumably back, we play as badly as we were a month or so ago I may see if there is space on that bandwagon.

• That Peterborough game was on October 21st. There have been over 3 months and 15 league games since then. We've won 1 of them, picked up 10 points and conceded late winners / equalisers in 6 of those games.

With 19 games left, I'm finding it really hard to see where we're getting the 20ish points we would need to stay up.

• And that game we won (to add) we came within the width of the post of blowing a 3 goal lead in injury time.

• edited January 24

I'm gobsmacked so many want to stick with him still. His record is awful, I want to say worst of anyone since we've been a league club, but I'm not sure, but can't be far off. Also, he just doesn't learn !

• All comes down to Saturday for me. A win is essential. Another draw with a great xG stat won't cut it for me.

I'm Bloomers in for now but @HolmerBlue's final comment above is spot on and the real tragedy - his seeming inability to stop doing the same old thing, over and over.

• He couldn’t get a tune out of Ainsworth’s team ( who were on a good run) at the end of last season and cannot get a tune out of his own team. How he’s still there is a mystery. Despite us falling down the league, I don’t think the Couhigs will sack him.

• Yes for me.

With Bloomfield at the helm I’d say we’re evens to go down.

With any experienced L1 manager in from tomorrow and our current squad, I think we’d be nowhere near the drop, maybe even comfortable top half come march.

• I’m still Blooms in, just about. The players are still playing for him, which they weren’t a month ago when they had clearly lost faith in the 5 at the back. However I feel the next 10 days will decide his short and probably longer term future.

We have plenty of attacking players, whether they are good enough is debatable. What last night showed is we are very short in midfield. Hopefully Potts just had cramp and obviously Scowen is coming back but if he can’t trust Young and JJ they should be replaced.

Saturday now becomes our biggest game of the season so far and I will be right behind them as usual. The players need a big effort from us to help turn things around. However if we don’t win…..

• edited January 24

I'm not sure it's a "mystery".

The Couhigs extended his contract about 6 weeks ago maximum. We're midtable, not like we're 18 points adrift at the bottom and he's coming out with Joey Bartonisms.

A woeful run, some woeful calls yes, but we have to suck this up until we're actually in the relegation zone. Otherwise there's no way he's not lasting the season.

What is difficult is that then there will be that classic summer clean slate, optimism that next season will be different, that all football fans fall into. Summer is the huge call - if we finish say 16-20th, is there enough to give another season?

• Technically we have the same number of points as the team currently in the last relegation spot (21st).

We are only out of the relegation zone because Reading have had points deducted and we have a better goal difference than three other teams.

Last night was very poor and again we looked like we wouldn’t score. Wigan were just as bad but take home the three points.

Our run of games in Feb could well see us overtaken by Cheltenham and firmly established in the relegation zone.