Skip to content

Bloomfield Out?

14567810»

Comments

• Listening carefully to Gareth McLearys post Fleetwood interview and particularly his reference to the great work Matt and his team do during the training sessions, I had a thought regarding improving fan relations etc.

Wouldn’t it be nice to see the club invite fans along to the training sessions, say maybe twice a week and limited to 20 people per day. The club could make it a draw for interested season ticket holders. I do appreciate that during the available day time sessions the fans who may attend would be those maybe without work commitments or flexible working. However, wouldn’t it be good for club/fans relations and it would allow those fans to see the hard work being put in by the football management team at the training ground etc.

I know it would never happen but just a thought.

• Do you think a club who believe the length of a contract/injury is a state secret are going to let 20 random punters in to watch training?

No club would do this, and especially not Wycombe.

When clubs do hold open training sessions, because they have to meet media commitments eg prior to a Champions League match, they go through the motions for the cameras and have the 'real' training session later in the day.

• Maybe just for once we will try something different and not follow like a sheep.

• edited January 31

On the other side of things, in the transfer window, Matt has looked to make Wycombe more threating in the final third and has looked at different options. He / the club agreed to the termination of Keogh's contract and Breckin left very early on. Boyes and Philips were prob decisions that were out of his hands but the attacking intent has been improved with Kodua (well taken goal against us), Kone (already has 2 goals to his name) & Lubala (Top scorer for a table rival). Campbell will (hopefully) come good too. If this is a season where its going to be close to relegation, Matt certainly hasn't given up and is looking to increase our goals scored column.

We all know that he needs to alter / adapt the tactics and try to find a way of making use of all the new faces and we need to get these players into the squad and settled ASAP. Feb is a massive month for us, we will need to fight for every point but this is not the sign of a manager who has given up nor that the club has given up on him.

While boo-ing poor performances and targeting abuse at certain members of the club is the way that fans think they should go, that's up to them. However, while 11 players still wear the Wycombe shirt, they will have my support. They need our support to get through this tricky stage of the season. We need to capture that same support that took over 1,000 of our fans down to Torquay in 2014 and supported us through the most nervous end of season that we have seen for a LONG time.

I am not a "Blooms in" or a "Blooms out" person, I just want our club to do as well as it can while staying within the financial rules that other clubs seem to have ignored. We always do things in the right way, we give opportunities to those that others have written off and we are a club that needs to stick together. The moment we divide, we become much weaker and left taking our eyes off the most important thing which is the club. (Key example - Atmosphere in the Terrace at the moment)

• Come on pal, don't be so set in your ways.

We could select the drummer, a couple of leaders of the "sing up gasroom" gang, a couple of the 1887s, then some of the main gasroom, twitter and facebook posters in the selected 10 people.

They could judge how hard the players were working, and then feedback to their "people" and bingo, coverage of the whole Wycombe fanbase, and everyone's re-assured we're not just having bants and fun.

• There are all sorts of good reasons why clubs don't let fans come along to training.

• 20 fans shouting 'Stop playing 5 at the back you fucking idiot' would probably put the players off.

• To be honest, Wycombe's ground isn't the challenging to spy on!

• I wonder where the booing starts.

I stand on the left in the terrace and I believe it starts on the right hand side of the drummer. I’m guessing that’s the more youthful end and also the 1887 area.

Any ideas?

• Get stuck in Gareth!

Try and find a blue shirt you idiots!

Sort it out Blooms!

• We could send Blueword and then none of the players or staff would understand a single thing he shouted.

• I've love to see @Blueword managing the squad for a day. Any day outside of the transfer window or otherwise Rob's phone might not stop ringing with transfer requests! 😜

• no8 en7uf ran.d3m nu4bers were thei.r. sh9d be l2tters,..

• Does anyone else envisage this when they see one of his posts?

• Oh well maybe not a good idea then 🙁🙁🙁