Skip to content

Match day thread: Blackburn

Comments

• 3-0. We only need a field goal!

• Oh dear. This could get embarrassing. They are head and shoulders above us in every area

• Oh dear.... at least we can expect changes after the hour mark

• This is fun....

• We all knew we'd likely take the odd clattering.
    But I guess none of us thought this one would fall into that territory!

• Reality settling in I think

• Welcome to the Championship.

• All 3 goals totally preventable. You can't make mistakes at this level, we've made 3 and conceded from each one.

• It looks like We've already played a game today. So slow and clumbersome all over the pitch so far.

Maybe we are letting them blow themselved out

• Men and Boys, conference defending

• We lack any physical presence

• Rovers are a bang average side. They score every chance they create. Welcome to the championship

• @Malone said:
    I'm not sure watching this was any better than the black screen!

Indeed. I’ve never left a game early and I’ll stick this out. Might switch to beer for the second half though.

• I'm switching to ketamine

• @Manboobs said:

@Malone said:
    I'm not sure watching this was any better than the black screen!

Indeed. I’ve never left a game early and I’ll stick this out. Might switch to beer for the second half though.

I'm trying very hard to tell myself this is just a bad day and we will score some goals and get some points this season. Hard to see at the moment though.

• Frankly we’ve had way too much possession.

• Unfortunately this result is coming for blind loyalty to JJ Bloomfield etc ,most people could see they are not championship standard

• Half time thank God

• That was truly terrible. Going forward we do look a threat, but having zero midfield and a defense lacking pace is seriously worrying. 2 new central midfielders are a must if we're not going to get pumped regularly

• Im sure I'll get abuse..... i think bloomfield would struggle to get a league club, he's terrible.

• @Kim_il_Swan said:
    I'm switching to ketamine

That you @LX1?

• Honestly, we all know that staying up would be the greatest achievement in this club's history. I am fully behind the decision to be financially prudent. We have still not seen Gape or Ikpeazu, among others, and I am still hoping for some quality loanees before the deadline.

I am not giving up, but I will also be massively proud of this club no matter what happens. We have to bear in mind that it is paupers v princes every week.

My hopes for the second half? Hold Blackburn to no more than one more goal (hopefully none) and get our first championship goal.

• edited September 2020

Certainly boys against men

We are playing far too narrow all over the park, particularly in defence giving their right hand side far far too much room.

We are also over committing men forward at set pieces which has left us very vulnerable to the counter attack

• We’ve had games like this in the past in both Lg1 and Lg2 where we look badly off the pace and take a hammering.

Thankfully, we have often used those bad results as a wake up call and used it as a springboard to dig in and grind out a series of good results. Let’s hope that is the case again.

To me we look too narrow and are getting dragged all over the place trying to follow runners. I’d rather see us switch to a 442 and allow the two centre midfielders just to sit in and protect the defence. And two strikers might make the ball stick on their own. At the moment the midfield are trying to bomb forward to get around Kashkett and then having to immediately U turn and sprint back toward our own goal when Blackburn counter.

• When the co-commetator said we'd had chances, presumably those were in the first 6 mins that I missed?

We've been totally outclassed.

However, until we have Gape (maybe and Thompson?) back, plus Uche starting games, we can't panic too much yet

• That was horrible! Just a catalogue of errors from us and we've been suitably punished. Yes Blackburn are step up in terms of quality, but we've created a lot of our own problems here. That penalty looked very dubious though!

• Quite so @shev. The embarrassment hasn't occured at Ewood Park this afternoon.

• Those first five minutes seem a long time ago now.

• edited September 2020

@Wycombe85 said:
    That was horrible! Just a catalogue of errors from us and we've been suitably punished. Yes Blackburn are step up in terms of quality, but we've created a lot of our own problems here. That penalty looked very dubious though!

It was the classic dangerous scenario where a pacey players has played it just a little bit far ahead to tempt someone to rush in a bit recklessly.
    Just surprised a man of Bloomfield's experience got sucked in to it.

But JJ had been beaten all ends up just before, Horgan had played a bad ball, and 3-4 players missed the chance to clear it - so all in it was a horrible mess up

• @Shev said:
    Honestly, we all know that staying up would be the greatest achievement in this club's history. I am fully behind the decision to be financially prudent. We have still not seen Gape or Ikpeazu, among others, and I am still hoping for some quality loanees before the deadline.

I am not giving up, but I will also be massively proud of this club no matter what happens. We have to bear in mind that it is paupers v princes every week.

My hopes for the second half? Hold Blackburn to no more than one more goal (hopefully none) and get our first championship goal.

Spot on.