Skip to content

Match day thread: Blackburn

Comments

• If we get out of this only conceding 5 I'll be pleased

• @Username said:
    If we get out of this only conceding 5 I'll be pleased

Who are you trying to kid? You’re having a great afternoon.

• @floyd said:

@Username said:
    If we get out of this only conceding 5 I'll be pleased

Who are you trying to kid? You’re having a great afternoon.

On a shocker of a day, that gave me a big LOL

• Really disappointing to see us defending so poorly. We've made some really basic errors today and we just didn't do that last season. Stewart has been fine, but the rest of the back 4 are well below their best.

• Gareth is obviously beyond any criticism but he got this one wrong and failed to change it. Too narrow. Too narrow. Too narrow. The players were there to change it so why didn’t we?

• On a positive note all the new signings look good.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    Gareth is obviously beyond any criticism but he got this one wrong and failed to change it. Too narrow. Too narrow. Too narrow. The players were there to change it so why didn’t we?

He can't be beyond criticism if you literally criticise him with the next thing you type!

• what an embarrassment

• FB group might be best avoided tonight

• 5 down and Alsopp has been our best player. We need players in and fast

• Unfortunately the management are to blame for not improving us where we needed it most....midfield

• Why is big Phil on about 3 match bans. Everyone knows what Charles did is a 1 game.

• @thecatwwfc said:
    Unfortunately the management are to blame for not improving us where we needed it most....midfield

Maybe drop them a letter, I'm sure they never considered it. You might be on to something.

• @thecatwwfc said:
    Unfortunately the management are to blame for not improving us where we needed it most....midfield

You were shouting about the defence a few minutes ago?

You could get the attackers in before the end if you hurry

• Straight Red is 3 isn't it ?

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Straight Red is 3 isn't it ?

No. That's violent conduct.

Not professional fouls.

• @Username said:
    5 down and Alsopp has been our best player. We need players in and fast

These players will learn alot from today.

The management will learn alot from today

You are in your absolute element and loving it.

• Can I just stand up for @username a little here.
    Some seem to be mistaking him for one of the perennially negative/parody accounts.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@Username said:

No idea what you mean by your last comment, I'm hardly constantly negative, but there's no point pretending things are ok when they're not.

• I mean things are much better than OK, we’re in the Championship.

• @Username said:

@Right_in_the_Middle said:

@Username said:

No idea what you mean by your last comment, I'm hardly constantly negative, but there's no point pretending things are ok when they're not.

There's a aspect of our support that relishes the opportunity to stick the boot in. It's going to be a banner year for you guys.

• @Malone said:
    Can I just stand up for @username a little here.
    Some seem to be mistaking him for one of the perennially negative/parody accounts.

Was thinking the same thing.... some people just dont like any criticism of the team or management and instantly jump down peoples throats unfortunately

• Btw @Malone I'm pretty sure a straight red is 3 matches no matter what

• @StrongestTeam said:

@thecatwwfc said:

Maybe drop them a letter, I'm sure they never considered it. You might be on to something.

Why sarcastic? Is that your defense mechanism for not being able to admit that I am right?

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Btw @Malone I'm pretty sure a straight red is 3 matches no matter what

One game for a professional foul according to Phil and Tim, can be upgraded tho.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@thecatwwfc said:

You were shouting about the defence a few minutes ago?

You could get the attackers in before the end if you hurry

No, the gasroom came to the conclusion that the defence was good enougu

• Without a complete overreaction about the harsh times we knew this season might have, three things jumped out:

1 - Formation didn't help us today. So narrow in midfield meant Grimmer and JJ, who aren't the quickest at the best of times, were isolated too often.
    2 - Far too ponderous in possession. When Blackburn had it they were zipping it about with purpose. We, particularly Patto, took 5 touches when one would've sufficed.
    3 - Midfield does need a refresh. Yes, we were without our two best midfielders, but we offered the defence so little protection today.

Not sure if this is worrying or not, but Blackburn didn't really look fantastic. We gave them at least 3 goals, and were certainly better until Horgan for some reason passed it back to JJ at the corner instead of booting it clear.

• Honestly, if you can't enjoy the ride this season, and understand that we are playing on a fraction of the budgets around us, I don't know what to say. Yes, we need to get a few in, but we don't pay much either, relative to those around us. We may be looking late in the window.

Either way, I am not going to miss the opportunity to relish what may be our only second tier season, because I unrealistically expect us to play Blackburn off the park with half of a team that played in L2.

• What are you looking for here?

Pundit of the year award for thinking we might struggle in the championship?

Be better if an actual cat just walked across a keyboard and someone posted that

• Never mind fb might have to give Gasroom a miss on matchdays. The people who are 'just being realistic' don't really seem to very realistic. I am.prepared to be shot down