Skip to content

Q&A with RC

Comments

• Actually there is insufficient evidence presented to draw any conclusions about who killer C.

For all we know he stepped on a WW2 landmine.

To come to the conclusion about whether the actions of B killed C, we need to know cause of death.

• Not sure, but I have to congratulate the desert emergency services for locating all three and retrieving C's body for an autopsy.

In an increasingly incompetent world, I feel that need some kind of recognition.

• The stubbornness with a formation that is so ineffective with the players we've got needs to stop otherwise he will be on thin ice soon.

• Setting aside a certain posters long standing habit of answering points not made and inventing situations to disagree with are we really suggesting there are no kids in the country who might be good prospects but for whatever reason either aren't in a youth system or aren't happy in one? Seems pretty unlikely.

As someone said above the joy of having local scouting initiatives and resources is you effectively double as a community presence advertising in the local area and raising the teams stature, those that don't make it as players far more likely to end up fans.

As it is the teams affiliated roughly to the foundation regularly post that their young players have signed elsewhere.

Fair enough we could not find the funding to keep the original scheme going but even the current scheme seems to yield much needed profits and I don't see anything else that is. If the worldwide phenomenon or the new screens made a return the losses would surely be lower. AAH2 could be the next to make us some serious £.

• Having had friends and relatives involved in this area, I do know bits and bobs about it.

Basically there’s 4 tiers to the Elite Player Performance Plan which is the player development plan for English football.

Tier 1 is the big kahuna that PL clubs have and requires massive investment in facilities. We probably had a Tier 3 academy previously which involved boys from age 8 upwards. It’s still a big investment but there is substantial grant funding from the FA/PL/EFL to help cover some of the cost.

What we could have instead is a Tier 4 academy which is just for the 16-18 age group as suggested above. It’s less expensive, but you also receive less grant funding.

Obviously it also entails you having to wait longer to recruit and you’re limited to boys that have left other clubs and those not already in the system. However 16 is one of the main cut-off points as it marks the point between schoolboy footballers and apprentice footballers. So many young players do get released from clubs at this point.

Whether this is any better than what we have now, which is waiting until they are in the professional age bracket between 18 and 21, I’m not sure given some of the gems uncovered so far.

Although of course we could do both if felt to be financially viable.

• 1) Does the club have a view to re-start their youth academy

1a) If yes, how will this take shape, regarding the location of the pitches, training etc?

2) With home attendances reducing, what plans are in place to get the town interested in coming to home matches? The one-off family event was successful, is there scope to expand this offering?

3) Is there any meaningful update on the promised road or development to Adams Park?

• One thing that the club did quite well ages ago when the youth system was running was getting teachers involved in the recommendations. Often around Easter time, GCSE and A Level PE students are assessed for their practical skills in their chosen sports. Naturally, a large number of the boys pick Football as one of their sports and the assessor has to score their skills in isolation & match play.

So if we get those students who score in the top 10% nationally in and around the area, surely we might uncover a gem? I believe that is was used to get Jordan Ibe and K Harris. It's a cheap and effective way of getting the scouting network into the local area?

• edited December 2023

@Theatre_of_Chairs This is probably the most balanced view that I've seen so far. If you've got someone local "on the books" at a professional club then the local attention to that team is going to increase. School friends, family etc all then come along to watch that person play which in return puts more bums on seats and money coming back into the club.

Doing a Tier 4 youth system will require the club to either invest in their education (via college courses etc) OR to hire a teacher(s) / educator to ensure that their education is maintained until they are 18. I know they do this at Coventry and expect this happens nationally. Bear in mind, if the players coming in don't get a grade 4 or above (C in old terms) for their Maths and English, they have to enrol onto courses to resit them and be assessed to get the grade.

• edited December 2023

If you are not going tonight you can still listen to the Q & A.

• @bluntphil Will we be able to give you some questions ahead of the Q&A session? Or do we have to be there?

• You just know RC will get the question about bear sized duck or duck sized bears.

• I'm interested to know...would Gasroomers accept a mid-table position in L1 if money was siphoned off for youth development?

I only ask as no-one wants short -term success but quite a few seem quite upset about not getting short-term success.

• Most of us have meagre desires.

Champagne style football at all times, from badge kissing passionate players (ideally most home grown) leading us to score untold amount of goals.

Although if we had the above you know people would still moan about toilets and food.

• Crikey, nearly fell off me perch. Saw the thread heading and thought I’d have a butchers, not realising that I’d somehow arrived at the top of page 2. Looked as if the questions for Mr Couhig had taken a rather macabre turn.

• Without tracking back I’m not clear whether C is the killer or was killed.

Not that I care.

• My questioning mind wonders if this q and a session was cobbled together as Rob C has something to announce??

It's going to be an interesting one either way as it is the 1st time he will be under the spotlight when things are not looking so rosey.

A push for the championship appears a million miles away... attendances are lower than we know Rob will be wanting or expecting....

Seemingly no progress on the mythical new road and subsequent terrace rebuild....

And I'm guessing some difficult to answer questions are going to be put to him.... not least people are going to want information on the "loan" from the billionaire...

Will Rob keep his head? He has previous for getting the hump on when his methods and ideas are heavily questioned or criticised...

• Clubs that have actually gone down this path also have the issue that fans have to have patience with the youngsters playing and not be begging for the club to get the chequebook out immediately, would those up in arms about AAH not playing really have preferred him, or TJ or others to have 20-30 games before making up their minds?

• edited December 2023

The question we really want an answer for is whether planning permission for the new access road will be ready in time for Saudi 2030 or Brisbane 2032

• Not inside information @mooneyman. The word of a very longstanding fellow supporter who, as I said in my original post, often seems to have the inside track when it comes to football finance. His understanding is that there has been a 40% cut in the playing budget this season.

Please don’t misquote me, especially when by doing so you are implying something that is patently untrue.

it’s easy enough to transfer the post you are commenting on into the “Leave a Comment” box. So easy, in fact, I’ve just done it twice !

• Actually, one question I would genuinely like asked is why we do not honour the club charter on the quarters? I know not everyone cares about this, but for me it rankles that this charter is cast aside so carelessly. There are a lot of supporters who very much want us to play in the quarters whenever possible.

• Does anyone know if the Q&A is available from 6.15 on Wanderers Live TV?

It'll interesting to see how the ground plays out in the mind of any future investor.

• Your very touchy this afternoon "big ears"! What evidence do you have that your third party information is "patently untrue"

• Interesting you said that @Alexo has I've just heard from different sources that they believe that Rob has sold a large part of his stake in the club and he might share that tonight. However, it is only a rumour at the moment, I'm trying to get more details as I type!

• I’ve read that as well, but it’s totally unsubstantiated.

• edited December 2023

Oh dear, let’s spell it out in words of three syllables. It is patently untrue that I have access to inside information. Your words implied that I did. If you’d quoted the original post, readers would have been left in no doubt about the source of the information. None of us knows whether a 40% cut in the playing budget has been made but, if you get a chance to pose the question this evening and get an answer you can truthfully represent the answer as inside information with no need for inverted commas.

• Where have you read it? I'm been searching google for anything close to this and can't find anything. I'm not sure if I believe this rumour

• Yes, I’d like to know if I can hear the Q & A session when I log on for the match on WanderersTV. I’m assuming that the session is pre match rather than post match which I think an earlier post implied.