Skip to content

Match day thread: Burton

Comments

• Some nice football on show from us so far plus a couple of decent chances

• Sorry, I was being facetious. Of course he's still here.

• I must say I’m really enjoying watching us play

• i don’t think I can take too many more opportuni’ies from Stew Lewis.

• Josh Scowen also is as good going forwards as he is defensively.

Best midfielder in L1

• Not sure about the referee's application of geometry

• ’Watching’ this (of necessity) via the BBC updates and here.

I have been ingrained to think that 72% possession (as current) is a VERY BAD thing.

• Very vulnerable to swift counterattacks, as we’ve seen in several (?all) matches.

• Maybe we need an overhead kick to break the curse, because even utter dominance is not doing it so far.

• Great opening 20 minutes - seemed to lose a bit of intensity and focus with our passing after that.

This is a very poor Burton side so a game we should be looking to win in that second half.

• Outstanding half from Vokes and Scowen. Four minutes of injury time is an absolute disgrace though. What’s the point in the new added time system if they only apply it to the second half…

• Great first 20, slowed down after that. We've attacked well, but do need another idea than relying on Vokes good touch.

• Just a notch away from a really good performance. If we had got a goal in the first 5 or 10 we would have run away with it.

Need to give them no encouragement and get the goal we deserve.

Sun is out. Gmac is our man.

• These stupid goal kick routines have to stop.

• edited August 2023

Talk about a game of two halves!

Burton clearly got the halftime memo that they are in fact playing us on a Saturday.

• edited August 2023

I think there’s a genuine argument that the game could lose assistant referees and not really see tangible change in the standard. They really don’t help the referee in any way, the only things called are blindingly obvious.

• Now, does Mustard score after rumours of him leaving?

• The second half has been a slightly different story

• We sat back a little too much at the start of the second half letting burton back into it, the subs seem to have swung the momentum back towards us.

Hoping Grimmer is ok

• We have already seen the full Hanlan range!

• Is it just me or does KVY never truly look as if he’s in full control of both himself and the ball?

• Probably you

I think at times he tries too hard, though he isnt on a par with Boyes on the other side

• Boyes really not impressive. Misplacing passes, running into defence, a poor showing.

Also, the massive sub allowance ruins 2nd halves. So many changes has made us completely disjointed

• Their goalkeeper has played a blinder.

• Where is this game on the frustration scale ?

Most aggressive and physical opponents so far this season? Bit like watching GA’s Wycombe?

• Unless someone pops up with a goal, Low will be the pick of the bunch for me.

• If the ref doesn’t add at least 10 minutes…..

• Burton goalie has had a great game !

• This ref is dreadful.