Skip to content

Rumour Mill

1117118119120121123»

Comments

• My sadness at the thought of Max leaving is partly because he is a dog lover and does volunteer dog walking at Stokenchurch dog rescue. Feels like he’s settled in quite well locally. But, hey ho, no room for sentiment.

• https://twitter.com/RockSoccerNews/status/1774517161924411770

Completely forgot about this thread so posted about it in the Other Football thread. But this account told me who told them is and it's a pretty reliable source. More info.

• Just because Max has lost his place doesn't mean he's definitely off- I'm not surprised he's finding it difficult at the moment but perhaps he just needs to regain his mojo and when he wins his place back make sure he doesn't lose focus like he has appeared to at times this season. Franco has proved he is more than adequate but Max has a good chance to come back in before the end of the season. Starting next year the two of them could have a good battle for the number one but also allow some rotation without fear from the rest of the team.

Having said that an upwardly mobile team and squad is always looking to improve- so (IF) an obviously better and proven keeper were to become available I'm sure MB will consider it, but I do not think it is a priority at all compared with on field positions.

• Agreed, someone is going to get a really good keeper if we let Max go and they get him firing. Hard to know if it's just bad form or if he's reacted badly to being asked to compete. I was surprised he didn't get another opportunity in the build up to Wembley. It would seem like he may be off and going with Rav as first choice for the season might be too big an ask.

We must be well in to agent conversations time for summer transfers now so maybe if there's an indication someone like the guy above might be willing to come at an agreeable cost Blooms might be happy to make the switch.

Vokes could be the interesting one, particularly if he goes, if his wages are still available and if we have anyone in mind there, will be lots of good players out of contract. You'd have to think McCleary can stay if he wants to play on although he'll need help and backup.

• I don't think he should be moved on because of that one error, I just think it was a defining moment in his Wycombe career as it was so important for us to not lose that game.

He did really well for us last season but it is always hard to say if another 'keeper would not have made similar saves. We were spoilt with Allsop and Stockdale. The latter's distribution was first class, Max's distribution led me to clap when he kept it on the pitch. He seems like a good guy but I can't say we have won or lost any more or less games with Rav in goal.

• edited April 10

I think it is a priority. The goalkeeping position is key. If a goalkeeper judged by MB and his team to be superior to the present incumbents (and clearly keen to join the club), like perhaps the guy mentioned above, then they surely have to approach him (and his agent, of course).

All three are within a year or two of each other, age wise.

• I will look forward to @aloysius telling us how right @aloysius was/is though when (if) Max leaves.

• Pretty sure we did appeal the Max red at Stevenage. Bloomfield mentioned it in one of the interviews recently, probably on Pre Match Drills.

• We certainly investigated an appeal but one of the iniquities of the disciplinary system is that a ban can be extended if the commission considers the appeal to be frivolous. In an overwhelming majority of cases they support the action of the match referee.

• It was a really weird situation.

Max charges out, pulls out but still fouls his man. Yes, foul. But it had to be pretty borderline if the defenders would have removed the obvious goal scoring opportunity element.

So 1 game red borderline call.

But violent conduct? It's got to be one of the daftest calls made by a ref for a long long time.

• Would be mad to let max go. On his A game he is one of the best we have ever had. He could be the next Martin Taylor kind of cult hero

• Even more so if it is for Ravizzoli to be the full time starter. Opposition wingers will just ping crosses in all day long.

• edited April 10

They'll both be off and we'll get two or three new 'keepers in this summer. I'd like to see us use the loan market there.

• If Max goes it will be for a club in this division or lower. He isn't good enough for the Championship. If we can get a better player on loan or on a free, then it may be best to let him seek pastures new. I imagine he is one of our higher earners.

I say that, but look at Ryan Allsop now! We thought the same with him.

• Exactly your final sentence cat...

I think you will eat your words if he goes....

But hey.... like you.... what do I know?? its all opinion!!

• I'm sure MB has done his homework.

GK is the one position where I think a loan signing is not too disruptive on the following season.

We are going to miss Potts and Taylor.

• I still cling to the hope that we might be able to keep Dale Taylor.

• I never thought that about Ryan Allsop

• We need to make sure that the Loan doesn't have a recall clause. We don't want a situation where we lose our 1st team keeper as soon as the transfer window opens in January

• I agree, I believe that I have seen the biggest development in Taylor's game more than Potts. Potts came in already at a higher level and has improved. However, with Taylor, he came in very raw and through playing in different positions and roles, has had to change his game more than others to meet the demands on the team.

• Sadly, Luke broke his leg against Stevenage yesterday. Hope he makes a full recovery

• edited April 28

Really sad news for anyone but especially an up and coming player, absolutely wish him well, if it was a done deal that he was coming here, and I'm not sure it was, maybe Franco will be given benefit of doubt, if there was any, and a bit of budget kept back for later or a loan in the interim. Max looks like he is gone and is unlikely to want to be a reserve or stop gap.

Very odd business that we may have 2 goalkeepers and 4 centre backs that have all done really well in their own ways but all have question marks over the future. I suppose at this level the only way you resolve that is giving everyone big contracts but that is very expensive and then limits flexibility if things do change.

In Blooms we trust.

• edited April 28

https://twitter.com/bartolojaiden/status/1783165295810502986

A video of possible new signing Bartolo's season highlights. 52 goals, 16 assists and 11 hat-tricks. Could be another Kone in the making.

• Let’s get Gassan (Ahadme)! The ideal player to play alongside Richard Kone.

• Everything depends on the tech bro and his desire to splash the cash.

De Gea in goal and Kone-Salah up front if he's the new boss.

(and insane)