Skip to content

Nick Freeman, Lewis Wing leaving

Comments

• MBSMBS
    edited May 2023

No you’re not. Every time I’ve seen him he has impressed me. I hope we keep him.

• Wing to Coventry City?

• I have seen considerable potential (for what that may be worth !). Has great confidence and, like Forino, loves to surge forward. And we mustn’t forget that Jack Grimmer is proving to be a highly competent central defender these days.

• Don't think it's much of a surprise Taf staying, and imagine he'll still be here to start next season. I think it's fair to say he hasn't had as good a season as last year, so doubt there would be Championship teams lining up to sign him. Been here 3 years now so quite well established. As long as there's no Adam el-Abd style alarming drop-off in form then hopefully he's here for at least 3 more.

Any links to Bolton just because he's mates with the owner's sons are pretty strenuous. Most footballers must have personal relationships with people at other clubs, doesn't mean they all want to go and play with their mates at the other end of the country.

• A number of players are being released by various L1 clubs, according to the BBC Sport website, including 5 from champions Plymouth.

Whether or not MB has any of them on his shortlist won't be revealed unless and until their signatures are on the line which is dotted.

But we certainly need two attacking players to fill the number 10 and 11 shirts (or whatever squad numbers they allocate), Sam Vokes, great player that he is, can't be expected to perform miracles as the lone striker. As we saw on Tuesday night, Man City don't just rely on Haaland, they have de Bruyne and Gündogan providing threats as well.

• Poor Horgan

• I thought that most weeks adding the word ‘is’ to form a sentence

• Really sad to see Curtis leave, one of my all time favourites. Obviously we are unaware of his fitness status but I think that I would have kept him over Gape if we only to keep one of the two.

sorry to see Freeman leave, I really do hope he finds a good move. No surprise to see Wing leave, only promotion would have kept him.

Delighted to see GMac and Taf on the list. Were they always contracted? Who knows.

Good to see a few of the youngsters staying on. Obviously good for the overall budget and hopefully another star amongst them. Wakely is a strange one for me. We still know very little about him but must show potential.

TJ has a big season ahead of him and I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him have a big year. Mellor has another year and at least deserves the chance to show what he can do. Personally I would consider releasing Hanlan.

I’m not sure how many spaces that leaves to fill in the squad, guessing 4 or5. A good quality no 2 keeper, I wonder whether we go back in for Bishop. CB & CM. But most importantly a proven quality goal scorer to play with Vokes

• For me the most important position to recruit is definitely centre back. I really don’t want to watch a game with a 37 year old JJ and Grimmer playing in a back 2 together because Tafa and Forino are both out injured.

I still think Tafazolli will leave.

Wing leaving means big shoes to fill in that position too.

• I really don’t want to watch us playing with a back 2.

• JJ looks as good as ever as a left sided centre back but not as a left back/wingback. He still gets well forward a remarkable amount and not just to take corners from the right.

• Not sure why people think Taf will still leave.

Probably more Revs, Teeth boys, too handsome stuff I expect.

But the big problem is how do you recruit a 3rd quality centre back? You don't want to stifle Forino's development, so it's quite a tough signing to make I think.

• Get Tools.

• It's funny Taffs has a bit of an aloof reputation when he has actually been in the terrace with the fans during a game!

• I find it really odd. He's a great player and comes across as a decent bloke who interacts loads with supporters

• I think he’s great as a player and a person from what I see. I think criticism has been more frustration than anything else. And that’s frustration that such a team asset is only available 2/3 of the time. Hopefully and probably he shares that frustration

• edited May 2023

His apparent long face aside, I think he is a very good player and he comes over very well in the videos I have seen. I also thought a good but slightly injury hit CB might not be going anywhere fast if we wanted to keep him.

• Only from a few posters on the gasroom.

The gasroom has long shown it isn't reflective of widespread Wycombe fan opinion.

Sometimes in a good way 😋

• @Malone as we all know the Gasroom is a collection of Stattos, Sparts and people who 'tell it like it is' (even if they will get abuse on here). Nothing like real life.

• edited May 2023

Just when we needed our senior pros to step up in the run in ,under a new Gaffer, Taff went walk about. Concentration, fitness, turning circle of an oil tanker. Apart from that he is the player he thinks he (& unfathomably others) think he is.

• My take on it all is that we need to strengthen our depth in the squad and have players who can challenge for 1st team football.

That being said, I think we need at least 1 if not 2 (younger) Goalkeeper & Left back - Obita hasn't committed and I actually rate him as a more attacking option and JJ should be converted into a CB option.

We need depth in midfield, at least 2 fit CM on League 1 quality.

The most interesting with be the attackers, A few wingers is a MUST. Love the fact that GMc is staying for another year but his legs won't last for the whole season, rotation options needed

• This. I've found his performances under Blooms pretty disgraceful. Doesn't look even vaguely like he wants to play for the manager or the club.

• Very sorry to see Thomo leave. Absolutely superb for us in central midfield for a long time.

At his best a 50:50 tackle was more like a 90:10 in his favour.

• My hunch is that Taff has been playing through an injury as he has looked way off his best recently.

• We've certainly had to send people out short of fitness this season, and in makeshift formations and partnerships, to be applauded really that players get out there and get on with it risking worse injuries or their reputations.

Most threads about wether players are committed or not are based on the flimsiest of info or none at all.

Taff comes across as a bit flash but that has little to do with how he plays or what effort he puts in.

• If anyone is likely to broadcast that they're carrying an injury, it's surely Ryan Tafazoli?

• When we are crying out for another senior centre half I am a little surprised we didn't go for Willis. Looked superb when called upon and we know he's an excellent player from when he has been an opponent. Cost might have been a factor if he is now a fit again player of course.