Skip to content

Covid Refund Party

Comments

• I live in Greater Manchester - he’s know better than the rest of them I’m afraid - slimy and self promoting but as always with politicians no end product

• I would say an appropriately priced pie is more important than chips. We’ve gone mad on pie pricing recently.

Also never understood why there are not pies for sale in the Caledonian suite after the game. There must be ones left over from the kiosk they could sell even at a modest discount to clear or rotate stock.

• I think people got a bit hung up on the word "party".

• Have Wycombe got anything right in the last decade in your opinion?

• Really pleased those that were able to go enjoyed the event. Unfortunately I had already booked to be away on holiday and was disappointed to miss the event

• edited July 2023

What a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon at AP.

Myself and my 12 year old son both got a free drink and mini pie which was a nice touch. The pie was superb and even my fussy son liked it.

The club had clearly gone to great lengths to put on a show in the lounges, suites and boxes. Woodlands was all laid out and Baxster Storey and cooked food that was on show in the Woodlands and one box. It really is a lovely set up in theses areas now.

The squad were looking fresh and jovial and went that extra mile to get involved with us supporters as did all staff I encountered.

It was great looking around the ground and seeing what was on offer this season. They could do something similar every start of season to sell the club and give that feel good factor before the first game.

Thank you everyone who worked so hard to put this free event on.

• More fun than expected. Free food samples, a free drink and the players and back room staff were charming.

the food offerings were very tasty especially the wrap- how deliverable in bulk at peak time of course remains to be seen. As does the price.

Max winning players player of the season was lovely. As is that green shirt in the flesh. The quarters and the keeper kit also top drawer.

Signing news expected this week it seems.

COYB

• edited July 2023

There's an eclectic mix of posters on here ranging from what I think one poster hilariously once called "nauseatingly positive" to posters who there is no scenario possible that they would give the club any praise for.

• I must admit I have been a little worried that we have not signed any new players to add to our small squad.

However, listening to Matt talk today you realise that he is working very hard to get the right signings in.

I think the event today will have given most of those in attendance a bit more confidence and positivity with regards to the season ahead.

We are very lucky to have this manager who loves our club and these group of players.

COYB!!!!!!

• We have obviously signed Richard K now.

• Sounds like everyone had a good time except the people who decided not to go and have a good time.

There’s a lesson in there somewhere.

• Made my initial post as soon as we arrived, with tongue very firmly in cheek it should be said.

Trying to gauge if any other gasroom regulars were in attendance.

Very surprised to see, therefore, those crucial of the event - without even being there - for not providing food or the opportunity watch sport on the TV.

Personally had samples of a wrap and a sausage roll, both very tasty. As was the veggie version of the wrap I'm assured. Sadly missed out on a pie but they looked very tasty - and noone left any so ...

The players there all seemed relaxed and in good spirits and happy to interact with the fans. None appeared to be there under duress (unlike at some of the events when it feels the players would rather be elsewhere).

A nice opportunity to view some of the areas of the stadium that I've not seen for a long time and positive words from Matt regarding the transfers situation. Although I still will be much happier when some new players are actually "in the building".

All in all quite a pleasant couple of hours , even if I didn't get jelly and ice cream.

• Great to hear it was a success and enjoyed by those that went. Sad it was not be the party it could or should have been for those that didn't.

Roll on Cardiff!

• Massively envious, in the most friendly possible way. From the video on the website and the accounts on here it looked fantastic!

• It was a good time, low key and friendly. The food looked good and by all accounts training is going well. So, positive vibes going into the new season?

• Unfortunately I couldn’t make it but I’m glad to hear that we’re probably going to see a bit more squad strengthening before the season starts.

I will however be back for the first game.

• Oops, fat finger syndrome strikes again. Just wanted to say how good it is to read so many positive comments about the event at Adams Park yesterday.

• Yes, the goodwill the fan base show to the club is one of its greatest strengths. When that loyalty and commitment is reciprocated great things can happen. If taken for granted or advantage of that is when things unravel. Yesterdays positive event should be seen as a learning point for all concerned.

• Agreed. We have so many positives for a little club from South Bucks. We will all still moan when some results go against us or when Rob and Pete forget to order the crisps etc. However, this club is ours no matter who owns the shares and yesterday made me feel very proud.

We are so lucky.

• Was a great day yesterday, the thing that marks us out, as many others have said, is the fact that our players and manager always seem to have so much time for the fans. You never get the impression that any of the players think they're too big for that interaction, a kind of humility that Gareth tried so hard to instil into the club culture, and which Matt, to his credit, is insistent on continuing.

• Fully justified, a lot of effort went in to saying thanks and even more in selling the club. It’s made me think about inviting business associates to a game if Matt plays a better style of football.

• I was very happy to be able to waive the refund and, in a sense, I did much the same thing the following season by deciding in early September that mobility issues and recurring unpredictable bouts of tachycardia made it too stressful an experience. On the other hand, I didn’t recognise or acknowledge how final my decision was. With the wisdom of hindsight, I realise that I could/should have notified the club that my seat would be available for the rest of the season.

But that is all in the past. Even more in the past - over 50 years in fact - is the donation I made in January 1972 to the football club. I am embarrassed by the stained state of the matchday programme for an FA Amateur Cup match against Spennymoor Utd (see below ) but even more embarrassed by the level of donation !! (Probably equivalent to about a tenner today - Ed). At least it gives the youngsters a laugh.

• edited July 2023

Mr Ralph?

This is slightly awks, as there was a poster on fb named Mike I thought was you. Obvs the wrong one!

• @micra I was at that game! Remember Ted Powell's clearance off the line. Still have the programme too, in a box in the cupboard under the stairs. Trouble is, there are many other boxes on top, so a bit difficult to dig it out 🙄

• I always thought the eminent @micra's last name was Ray, for some reason.

• edited July 2023

Mr Ralph, the Bank of England inflation calculator tells me your 50p is now worth £5.81. ‘Every little helps’ as Tesco would have it.

Trust ‘the domestic issues’ are now resolved!

• You could buy a house for 50p back in 1972.

A really, really shit one.

• edited July 2023

You still can here, in Detroit (and possibly others).